Truth Seeker

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Kyleen17

Re: Truth Seeker

Postby Kyleen17 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 pm

Nice. On which list did you notice this calmness?
The list without the I am.
Okay. I don't see an answer to the question. Help me out here.
What I meant by that was when I wasn’t “trying” to hear it was just happening. And I see more truth in the experience of it just happening without the I am part.
Is "hungry" Direct Experience?

Is "feeling" DE?
No hungry is not DE, it’s a label I put on certain sensations In my body. Yes feeling is DE bc I’m not trying to do it. But maybe putting the word feeling on it is just another label?

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Without* labels? I don't see that.

Take away all labels & what is left?
Take away all labels and what is left? Non-judge mental awareness. I didn’t understand the question when u said what is here without labels and I said my opinion of what is.
Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever
? No not that I can touch(except for my body, n lmk if I’m confusing that please) only in my mind are the pictures of me and my life.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi Kyleen,

Yes, you're pretty clear on AE now. Your last answers are clearer.

Try this to start clearing up AE about "body"

Be sure to answer each question. one at a time quore, then reply. alternating. .

Introductory Body Exercise

Sit with eyes closed for about 15 minutes.

Paying attention only to the pure sensations, without relying on thoughts or mental images:

Can it be known how tall the body is?

Does the body have a weight or volume? In the actual experience does the body have a shape or a form?

Is there a boundary between the body and the clothing?

Is there a boundary between the body and the chair?

Is there an inside or an outside?

If there is an inside - the inside of what exactly?

If there is an outside - the outside of what exactly?

What does the word/label ‘body’ ACTUALLY refer to?

What is the ACTUAL experience of the body?

Look very carefully, especially with the last question.

Have fun!
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Just to be clear can u explain the difference between actual and direct experience?

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Another question. I’m seeing there is no doer. I’m being thought,breathed, and done. But what about if I intentionally sit down and make a plan (ex: my actions for the day) was that me or am I being done again? It’s not me right bc the original plan to sit down and the thoughts that preceded the actions weren’t from me either? Thanks
I will be replying to ur questions either tonight or tomorrow. I wanted to sit down n really give them my time since there was a couple of them.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi!

There is no difference between Actual and Direct Experience. Just different names for the same thing.
am I being done again?

What do you find? Is there a doer? Was there ever?

You sound pretty cooked. I think maybe we are just clearing up the verbiage. You are right that even the names of the AE/DE are made-up stories, but we have to use something, so we keep it as short & sweet as possible.

I will watch for the body exercise answers. There are also exercises on Time and Memory that I will give you. You can do those before or after you answer Final Questions. You sound just about cooked, but let's make sure there is little to no confusion on these basics.

There will be more to question when we are finished. This is a beginning, not an end. Also, SEEING will come and go, possibly even for years.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Cooked?

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:08 pm

Slang for "finished."
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 am

Can it be known how tall the body is
No that is learned. A whole made up system of numbers that everyone agrees with.
Does the body have a weight or volume? In the actual experience does the body have a shape or a form?
No just sensations and a rhythmic flow that I have nothing to do with. I can put things into it that may affect the flow but ultimately I have nothing to do with it.
Is there a boundary between the body and the clothing?
no just air or space but it’s all the same thing in different forms.

s
there a boundary between the body and the chair
? No
Is there an inside or an outside
If I’m hearing the notices are outside. Same with feeling,seeing,smelling

I
if there is an inside - the inside of what exactly
?

Inside nothing

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:37 am

If there is an outside - the outside of what exactly
outside the skin? Not sure on this one...
What does the word/label ‘body’ ACTUALLY refer to?
in DE nothing.

What is the ACTUAL experience of the body
The senses, thoughts appearing, pain?, flowing of the bodily system, breathing rising falling...ultimately witnessing.

no I guess where I was going with that is if I set an intention against what I know is against my thoughts or even question my thoughts is there 2 wills in place?

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:46 am

Just wanted a little feed back on this....
I was driving to go pick up my daughter and was looking,looking, noticing labels come and go and suddenly was overtaken by a couple of seconds of fear. Don’t know why. Felt disassociated, like I had no relationship, relatability to what I was seeing. Scared me so much I turned up the radio in an attempt to snap out of it. It worked. Thoughts?

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:30 am

Hi Kyleen

Good work!

You are able to tell there was no inside. Keep looking at this outside idea. Is there such a thing?
no I guess where I was going with that is if I set an intention against what I know is against my thoughts or even question my thoughts is there 2 wills in place?
LOOK...is any of that Actusl Experience? Or just thoughts about thoughts?

As for the fear? Stare it down. See what's behind it. Anything?

Watch this video on fear...

https://youtu.be/jKX1llYtlKE

Loving
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:19 am

You are able to tell there was no inside. Keep looking at this outside idea. Is there such a thing
? It’s all me experiencing me. God experiencing God.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am

Hi Kyleen

Well, you skipped a bit, but that's okay on this one.

Did the video help?

For myself. I no longer have a God belief because I can't find that in AE. I just let it be a mystery with no name. But many keep the concept even after finding no self.

We have a tradition of asking some final questions. I will be asking others to confirm your seeing with those replies.Or I will ask some more questions s if anything seems unclear.

This is a place to answer each post very clearly from what you see now, using quote function so I and others can clearly see what your answers are replying to.

Make certain to answer every single piece, skipping nothing, especially question 5. which has several parts.

Okay? Okay.

Are you ready to attempt final questions?

Would you like to look at Time and Memory before or after final questions?

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Was cleaning my kitchen and the urge to write to share with you where it’s at. I seen completely last night. I seen the optical illusion. And it’s correct, once you see you can not unsee. I woke up this morning to try to unsee for comfort ability and it was t able to unsee. I get it, there was never a me. Just the ego serving as illusion an fulfilling the role of kyleen. Omg it’s all been a play the whole time. So I said to myself what about everyone else? The same. They have the same awareness in terms of the senses of DE they may just be caught in the play. So then my analytical mind went to “what about inanimate objects”? Same just another form of consciousness experiencing yourself. I finally get the fact it’s all love. While cleaning I seen the bubbles,and water and sponges and the way th sponges “stays together” day after day for me to use. Love. I see the water and how it’s neutrality just flows. Love. It’s all here for me. My couch staying together and supporting me. Love.
Even though there was no tears or laughter the joke is seen. The seriousness of it all is removed. I can’t touch life or death.

I have not had a chance to watch the video or answer your other questions but have an overwhelming feeling to share this experience. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon so depending how it goes I will reply tonight or tomorrow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Return to “THE GATE”