Looking for the Truth

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Vivien

Re: Looking for the Truth

Postby Vivien » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:40 am

Hi Grace,

You did an excellent looking.
And there wasn't anything/anybody inside that doing the action or experiencing the sound, smell, taste or sensations. However, outside the exercise, when something is seen, heard etc., often there were feelings that I saw or I heard, but when remembered to look, it was only the thought saying such things as "I saw that', I heard that' etc.
It’s important to mention that we are not trying to change how things are experienced. We are not trying to make the illusion of “I see, I hear” to go away.

Rather we are investigating if these are assumptions can stand up to scrutiny. To see in experience that this is just an illusion. But the illusion doesn’t have to go away. It’s enough to see if for what it is.

Or have you expected for the illusion to go away?
., often there were feelings that I saw or I heard
Please describe me the FEELING of “I saw”, “I heard” as precisely as you can, but without using any imagination, analogy, theory or logical conclusions. Just the pure, raw feeling of it.

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

LostMe

Postby LostMe » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm

Thank you Vivien.
It’s important to mention that we are not trying to change how things are experienced. We are not trying to make the illusion of “I see, I hear” to go away.
Rather we are investigating if these are assumptions can stand up to scrutiny. To see in experience that this is just an illusion. But the illusion doesn’t have to go away. It’s enough to see it for what it is.

Or have you expected for the illusion to go away?
Not really. I gave up expectations as you mentioned that I wouldn't know before hand how it would be exactly. But sometimes those thoughts arise "It will be like this, like that etc" (can't control the thoughts :) ) It's clear now. Thanks for the explanation.
often there were feelings that I saw or I heard
Please describe me the FEELING of “I saw”, “I heard” as precisely as you can, but without using any imagination, analogy, theory or logical conclusions. Just the pure, raw feeling of it.
Actually, I can't directly experience any such raw feelings of "I saw" or "I heard". There is only feeling of the liveliness (sensations of breathing, heart beat etc) and the thoughts containing the ideas such as "I saw", I heard" etc. Nothing more than that in real experience.

I keep looking into this. I want to remember to inquire every occurrence of "I did", but can't. Nobody there having a control over it. Sometimes remember, sometimes not. Accepting the way it is.
Thank you.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:35 am

Hi Grace,
Actually, I can't directly experience any such raw feelings of "I saw" or "I heard". There is only feeling of the liveliness (sensations of breathing, heart beat etc) and the thoughts containing the ideas such as "I saw", I heard" etc. Nothing more than that in real experience.
So can you see clearly, without any doubt, that the ‘feeling of I see, I hear’ is not a feeling at all?
That there are only sensations + the thought “I see, I hear’?

Let’s look again into the belief of “I see”.

Look at whatever is in front of you.

How is it known that the eyes see?

Focus on the sensation labelled ‘eyes’. Is this sensation doing the seeing?
What is actually known right now about eyes, except thought about them?

Can you find anything behind the eyes that is seeing?
Is there anything that is seeing or there is only the seen?

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

Return to “THE GATE”