reach for the sky

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
freshlotus

reach for the sky

Postby freshlotus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:35 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That presently I am unwittingly locked into a way of living, thinking and behaving that is not based on reality. Rather it is based on illusion.

What are you looking for at LU?
If I can see through the illusion of self I will be able to start living in reality. What that will be like I try not to predict or speculate on. But perhaps the authenticity of experience will be enough to nurture future developments.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Focused dialogue aimed at moving the accumulated layers and fears gathered around my illusion of self. Challenges, support and honesty as and when it is appropriate. Commitment from both participants in the conversation.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Eastern Orthodox Christianity, particularly the "Jesus" prayer
Buddhist Meditation, primarily Zazen and associated mindfulness practices

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: reach for the sky

Postby Bananafish » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:42 am

Hi freshlotus. :)

My name is Bananafish, and I'm here to offer you guidance and help.

To start with, could you tell about what illusion of self and the fears related to it are?

Regards,

Bananafish

P.S I do zazen, btw, so there may be something in you than resonates with
my own experience. Looking forward to the dialogue. :)

Return to “THE GATE”