Basic Experience

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Nik

Basic Experience

Postby Nik » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:13 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there's no experiencer only experience.

What are you looking for at LU?
To experience reality as it really is without any concepts. To experience reality as a single "thing" and not as I do now where I feel like I am observing. When I look for myself I see no one/no thing there but still experience separation.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
To have someone to guide me into seeing that there's no separate self. To help me to see this clearly and hopefully help me to trust if a moment comes I see you call "crossing the gate less gate". And to get inspiration from someone already experienced in this.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have been seeking truth since my teenage years. I'm 43 now. I am connected to a Dzogchen community and I have played around with "the headless way" and "bidirectional consciousness".

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

barb

Re: Basic Experience

Postby barb » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi :)

I would like to assist you with exploring the concept of the separate self. My role is to point by using exercises and questions.

At the beginning a few explanations:

This is not a "normal dialogue". Essentially, it's about asking you questions and assigning tasks and you answering them from your direct experience. See what you can do with your five senses and which thoughts you can observe. Look each fresh and do not call you on books you've read or experiences that you have ever made.

You don’t actually have to do anything other than to LOOK with your five senses at what is being pointed at. To see you are already seeing and always have been seeing what actually is. This is not about thinking about something, it is about Direct Experience...
This simple seeing also notices that there is no self here - there's just what is going on, that this is already going on for everyone right now. :)

It is important that you try to be 100% honest in your own interest ... For the duration of this investigation, please leave all books, videos, satsangs other threads in this forum or whatever on the subject, which could affect direct viewing and perception. Really put all your effort and attention into seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that, but not necessary.

To keep your process flowing here, it would be good if you could answer every day at least every second day. If it does not fit or you need more time just let me know.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread.

Please learn to use the quote function; See these instructions http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

If you haven't already seen it, there is intro info here, our disclaimer and a short video too.
http://liberationunleashed.com/

To begin with, so that we become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration ie what life will look and feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change etc in your own words could you please answer the following questions::

What will it feel like the moment the illusion is seeing through?
What will change, what will remain the same?
What do you expect, what do you hope?

Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

I'm looking forward to your answers :)
Looking —> Seeing....Seeing —> Freedom

Return to “THE GATE”