No self

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Jaqbert

Re: No self

Postby Jaqbert » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:28 am

Also I didn’t sleep for the first 4 nights - vibrating too high to sleep and didn’t eat much either.
I have been an insomniac for years, since this has happened I have mostly slept 7 hours every night. Not normal for me!

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:52 am

Is there any concrete thing that is to be called the "mind?"

Does the "mind" think thoughts?
If so, could you describe how what you call "mind" produces thoughts?
Is it observable?

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:32 am

Is there any concrete thing called mind - definitely not, mind is nowhere!
I can’t see or find a mind thinking thoughts...
Although it does feel like they happen in the head rather than any other part of the body like the feet or somewhere else. My experience of them is a voice in my head.

My experience of thoughts is that they come from nowhere or nothing and then leave again. So I definitely can’t observe a production of thoughts happening, they just appear suddenly and then disappear.

I can observe them when they’re there, I can’t reallt catch them as they arrive or leave. They’re just there and then not. They come from nothing and then go.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Thanks! :)

What about the body?
Is there any concrete thing that is to be called the "body?"

Again, what is the body?

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:21 am

Good Morning,

The body is a physical entity I can see, feel, taste, hear. I can see its physical components, limbs, torso, skin, colouring, I can feel sensations all over the body all the time, constantly shifting and changing, I can feel it move, I can feel its temperature as a bit cold right now, I can feel things happening internally at times in the stomach, the heartbeat, and more recently I can feel it vibrating (no actual word describes it, but it come closest).

I can taste some kind of neutral taste in the mouth, I can hear it breath and make other noises (stomach etc).

Sometimes different parts of it hurt and other times it feels good and relaxed.
It changes colour in the sun,sometimes white or blue in the cold, sometimes it has red marks on it or other marks from leaning on something, sometimes it has an injury in a part of parts of it, sometimes it feels full in the stomach area after eating, tired or sort of no energy to move it.

The body looks nice in the mirror, most of it, or when I look down at it. Not always, depends on how I´m feeling I suppose.

I can move lots of different parts of it, it responds to my commands (most of them that I don´t think about first) they just happen on their own, without much thought beforehand. Like typing now, words are coming on the page and my fingers are moving, but I´m not thinking about everything I write before I write it, only some things.

I make movements with my hands often, like moving some hair or scratching something, but they just happen, there´s no pre- decision to do so.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:32 am

I´ve also had one reocurring strange experience of the body, since I was little. My experience of the body is changed, like its made up of hard angled material with the body very very far away and either very very small or very very big or something, very hard to explain, it just happens sometimes in the time when trying to sleep. Also in meditation I´ve had different experiences of the body which are equally hard to explain or describe.

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello Bananafish

any more questions or thoughts?

Jackie

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 am

Hi Jackie. :)

I guess you haven't answered one of my questions?

Is there any concrete thing that is to be called the "body?"

I'm going out of town tomorrow, where it might be difficult to make a reply,
and won't come back till next week. Please wait until that, while reflecting on our
dialogue so far.

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Bananafish,

Is there a concrete thing called the body? - Yes there is.

I´m writing now as last night was quite insightful so I want to get it down (I appreciate you said wait until next week).

Last night I explored deeply where "I" am inside the body, and I saw that I´m nowhere. I know that I feel like I´m in the head area, thoughts and seeing through the eyes are the nearest I can come to it. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and I can convey how I feel and who I am through them - I can´t explain that. But I know that inside the body are tissues and cells. That the brain is neurons firing only. There´s no "me" in the body that I can find. Last night the realisation of this was deeper than ever before.

So all I can say following the deep exploration last night now is that the body, mind and heart is permeated or alive with something we call consciousness which I can´t see or imagine what it is, it doesn´t look like anything, it´s outside the realm of my imagination or concepts.

Hope you enjoyed your time away

Jackie

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 am

Hello Bananafish,

I haven’t heard anything from you... how was your trip? Are we still carrying on with this?

Thanks
Jackie

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi Jackie. :) Sorry for the late reply.
I'm back, and the trip was good.

Now, what is body when you don't call it a body?

Jaqbert

Postby Jaqbert » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Bananafish

What is a body when you don´t call it a body?

It is a series of parts joined together by joints, skin, fascia, bones, ligaments, tendons, coloured on the outside pinky/brown, containing organs, blood, fat, hair, tissue, neurons, juices, lymphs, bacteria, cells, water amongst other things, it takes in Oxygen and omits CO2.

I can look down and see it. It can move and walk and run and jump and talk and think and cry and feel good and bad inside and outside. It can move both autonomically and intentionally. It can sense and feel internally and externally.

It can omit smells and other things and take in food and drink. It can sleep. It can get ill and get better, it ages and will die and turn into dust.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:08 am

Hi!

What is a body here and now in this moment?
Face directly forward and please tell.

Do you perceive everything you described about the body in the previous post?
Which part of it is relying on memories, ideas (knowledge), or imagination; something
you learned from books, teachers or other people?

And which part do you directly perceive right here and now?

Do not move and observe.

Return to “THE GATE”