No comment, no conclusion

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Sara

Re: No comment, no conclusion

Postby Sara » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 am

If not how can non existent something cause something ?
OK - but isn't there something happening - a process? There's communication going on here - when you say "sending love", that implies sending love to......what?

1 Where is this "i" causing something ?
2 Can you locate ?
3 What is for sure ? What can you know else then "this.." -"experience"
4 Reading "sending love"..words happen...But Isnt it the thought dividing the experience to 2 and perceive like some else person sending something to someone else ?
1 "I' who causes something doesn't exist
2 No
3 I can't know anything for sure - only direct experience - now
4 OK - I see that. It's such a habit to divide everything into subject/object - me and everything else. Occasionally I see there is no distinction because there is no me.

Thank you Adil. Love Sara.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am

If not how can non existent something cause something ?
OK - but isn't there something happening - a process? There's communication going on here - when you say "sending love", that implies sending love to......what?

1 Where is this "i" causing something ?
2 Can you locate ?
3 What is for sure ? What can you know else then "this.." -"experience"
4 Reading "sending love"..words happen...But Isnt it the thought dividing the experience to 2 and perceive like some else person sending something to someone else ?
1 "I' who causes something doesn't exist
2 No
3 I can't know anything for sure - only direct experience - now
4 OK - I see that. It's such a habit to divide everything into subject/object - me and everything else. Occasionally I see there is no distinction because there is no me.

Thank you Adil. Love Sara.
Yes it is a thinking habbit :)
That's why daily looking is the very much key for this realization.
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:59 am

Dear Sara
Can you tell me do you have free will ?
What can you decide ?
Can you show my one thing which is not happening it self ?
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 am

Let's look at this idea called "memory" also..

There is a belief that a memory thought is referring to something that has happened.
That memory thought is a different thought than a non-memory thought.

Please don’t go to thought explanations, but just let a memory be there, and look at it. Look at what is actually going on and not what thoughts say - but what actually is.

What is memory exactly? What is the memory ‘made of’? WHEN does the memory appear?

What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘memory’ thought?
How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘memory’ thought refers to something that has happened?

Then, look at a thought about the future. What is the future thought ‘made of’?
WHEN does the future thought appear? ,What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘future’ thought? How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘future’ thought refers to something that will happen?

Then let’s compare a thought about past and a thought about the future. What is the EXACT difference between the thoughts about past and future? If there is difference and how is that difference is known exactly?
Buddha

Sara

Postby Sara » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:23 am

1 Can you tell me do you have free will ?
2 What can you decide ?
3 Can you show my one thing which is not happening it self ?
1 There is no "me" to have free will. There is just something happening - thoughts, feelings, sensations.
2 There are thoughts that look like decisions but things are just happening - there is no "me" to decide.
3 No

Thank you Adil. Love Sara

Sara

Postby Sara » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am

Let's look at this idea called "memory" also..

There is a belief that a memory thought is referring to something that has happened.
That memory thought is a different thought than a non-memory thought.

Please don’t go to thought explanations, but just let a memory be there, and look at it. Look at what is actually going on and not what thoughts say - but what actually is.

1. What is memory exactly? What is the memory ‘made of’? WHEN does the memory appear?

2. What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘memory’ thought?
3. How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘memory’ thought refers to something that has happened?

4. Then, look at a thought about the future. What is the future thought ‘made of’?
5.WHEN does the future thought appear? ,What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘future’ thought?
6. How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘future’ thought refers to something that will happen?

7Then let’s compare a thought about past and a thought about the future. What is the EXACT difference between the thoughts about past and future? If there is difference and how is that difference is known exactly?
1. It's like watching a film. It's made of dream-like images. The memory appears usually randomly, unbidden.

2. The memory thought is more highly charged/there's more emotion involved - it's usually about "the story of me" and the thought is that it's real

3.It isn't known; it can't be known. Sometimes when a memory arises, it may not be an accurate representation anyway.

4. There is nothing substantial in a thought of the future. It's just a dream, a story.

5. Randomly, unbidden. Like the memory, the future thought seems more emotive, more "me-making" than a general thought.

6. It isn't known. It may not happen at all or even if it does, it will be different from the imagined future.

7. There's no difference - they are both unreal. Something happened but the thought about it is not the thing itself and something may happen in the future but the thought about it is not it.

Thank you Adil. It is interesting and helpful to look at this. Love Sara

Sara

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Dear Adil, I am away for the whole day today so won't post a reply but will contact you on Monday. Also I am having an operation on Wednesday so again won't reply to you that day but should be ok Thursday. Love Sara

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am

Dear Adil, I am away for the whole day today so won't post a reply but will contact you on Monday. Also I am having an operation on Wednesday so again won't reply to you that day but should be ok Thursday. Love Sara
Ok dear Sara.
Reply whenever you feel ok.
Thank you and wishing you good healthy.
But never forget all is ok.
"This should not be like this" is only a thought bringing resistance.
Buddha

Sara

Postby Sara » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 am

Dear Adil,
If you would like to send me an exercise today, (I don't think I have one outstanding) then I will reply on Tuesday, then miss out Wednesday and start again on Thursday. I hope that is ok for you.

Love Sara.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

Dear Adil,
If you would like to send me an exercise today, (I don't think I have one outstanding) then I will reply on Tuesday, then miss out Wednesday and start again on Thursday. I hope that is ok for you.

Love Sara.

Very good looking to "memory" Sara.
It is joy to work with you..

Ok. Lets look
The memory thought is more highly charged/there's more emotion involved - it's usually about "the story of me" and the thought is that it's real
Seemingly.
Can you see them both are nothing but thought ?
Ultimately there is no difference between a memory thought and a normal thought.

I have some questions Sara,

-Is there a difference from when you first started this exploration to now? If yes how ?

- Has anything changed? What hasn't changed?

- Is seeking still going on?

- Is there anything that you need clarified until here ? ...anything you are not clear about?

(By the way..During your operation try to be aware of the fear (what is fear protecting is non-existent) and thoughts arising like "this is my body..what are they doing to me..what will happen next..etc..."

These are just thoughts. There is no body, even pain is a label.

There is only thought-sensations..)
Buddha

Sara

Postby Sara » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 am

-1 Is there a difference from when you first started this exploration to now? If yes how ?

-2 Has anything changed? What hasn't changed?

- 3 Is seeking still going on?

- 4 Is there anything that you need clarified until here ? ...anything you are not clear about?
1. Yes but the thought is it's subtle rather than anything big. More of a gradual seeing but there is utter conviction that self is non-existent

2. Noticing mental states that feel happier, less stressed and more connected to others since starting this work - There is a thought: "The most important thing is remembering the most important thing!" so I guess there is still striving.

3. Yes!

4. No - I feel like I mostly understand it intellectually and need to keep practising.

Thank you Adil and also for your helpful comments about the operation tomorrow.

Love Sara

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am

-1 Is there a difference from when you first started this exploration to now? If yes how ?

-2 Has anything changed? What hasn't changed?

- 3 Is seeking still going on?

- 4 Is there anything that you need clarified until here ? ...anything you are not clear about?
1. Yes but the thought is it's subtle rather than anything big. More of a gradual seeing but there is utter conviction that self is non-existent

2. Noticing mental states that feel happier, less stressed and more connected to others since starting this work - There is a thought: "The most important thing is remembering the most important thing!" so I guess there is still striving.

3. Yes!

4. No - I feel like I mostly understand it intellectually and need to keep practising.

Thank you Adil and also for your helpful comments about the operation tomorrow.

Love Sara
Thank you for your honest answers Sara..
Wishing you health today.
SEnding love..

After you have this operation you can look for the next exercise..
Thank you
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 am

I feel like I mostly understand it intellectually and need to keep practising.
When you see it clear that separate self does not exist in reality you don't need practicing..
Did you need to practice when you saw that Santa is not real ?

Let's look more,

Close your eyes and imagine that you are holding a spoon. Imagine the spoons form, its size, its weight, its temperature. Look and feel at the imagnary spoon for a while.

Then open your eyes …
is there a spoon here, in real life?
So how did you see that there is no spoon? What happened to the spoon? Did it disappear or did t never exist?

Notice that there was no boom and no bright flashes of light when the imaginary spoon was no longer imagned. Remember this, the shift to seeing through the illusion of a separate self is not going to be any more than this, it is just a dropping of a belief – the belief is the glue that holds the illusion together.

Now go and get a spoon from the kitchen and hold it in the same way that you imagined it.

Feel the spoon’s form, its size, its weight, its temperature. Close your eyes and feel the spoon for a while.

Now open your eyes …
Is there a spoon here, in real life? Are the imagination of the spoon and the actual experience of the spoon the same?
How does imagining and experiencing the same thing, differ?

Now close your eyes again and bring your attention to the image of “me”, the separate individual entity.
Spend some time exploring this, try to see this instead of think about this:
And then answer the following question:

Is it an image or is it an actual entity?
Buddha

Sara

Postby Sara » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am

Close your eyes and imagine that you are holding a spoon. Imagine the spoons form, its size, its weight, its temperature. Look and feel at the imagnary spoon for a while.

Then open your eyes …
1 is there a spoon here, in real life?
2 So how did you see that there is no spoon? What happened to the spoon? Did it disappear or did t never exist?

Notice that there was no boom and no bright flashes of light when the imaginary spoon was no longer imagned. Remember this, the shift to seeing through the illusion of a separate self is not going to be any more than this, it is just a dropping of a belief – the belief is the glue that holds the illusion together.

Now go and get a spoon from the kitchen and hold it in the same way that you imagined it.

Feel the spoon’s form, its size, its weight, its temperature. Close your eyes and feel the spoon for a while.

Now open your eyes …
3- Is there a spoon here, in real life? Are the imagination of the spoon and the actual experience of the spoon the same?
4 -How does imagining and experiencing the same thing, differ?

Now close your eyes again and bring your attention to the image of “me”, the separate individual entity.
Spend some time exploring this, try to see this instead of think about this:
And then answer the following question:

5 -Is it an image or is it an actual entity?

1 No - an imaginary spoon
2 There was never any spoon - just imagination. A dream of a spoon. Nothing happened to the spoon because it was never there in the first place. It never existed.
3 There is something shiny, reflective and cold with a certain weight that is labelled "spoon". The imagination of the spoon and the actual experience are NOT the same.
4 Imagining a spoon is not real. The direct experience of the spoon is real.
5 It's both - the image is unreal - the thought of "me" but there is an entity made of flesh with thoughts and feelings.

I feel like I've got this "wrong" but that's how it is!

Thank you Adil. Love Sarasuvanna x

Return to “THE GATE”