What is it

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
JonathanR

Re: What is it

Postby JonathanR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 am

Hi again Ryan

I'm so pleased that you decided to continue

Remember the, stuff about 'seeing'? The exercise in noticing what the bare experience of seeing is like?

That was useful but sight is just one of the senses. Take hearing now.

Notice any sounds that can be heard without trying to shut anything out.

You can close your eyes if you wish. Some sounds will be quiet, like breathing or the hum of a fridge in another room.

Some sounds may be louder, such as voices or traffic or birdsong. It doesn't matter particularly what's heard but just notice it.

Now, what is the experience like? Do ears hear? Is there something doing hearing?

Another thing to ask is 'is there a you... doing hearing'? Tell me what you notice?

All best

Jon

Beingsafe

Postby Beingsafe » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:08 am

Hi Jon
Part of the reason I was not communicating daily was my lack of reliable internet reception.
A few times I would write a reply and submit, only to have the connection drop and the message disappear. It just happened again. Oh the wave of anger and frustration!

And I will write another. I want to do this work.

So. I find it frustrating not being able to or knowing how to experience something different than “I am seeing, yes” “I can hear,yes”

Intellectually I know awareness is aware of itself and awareness is experiencing the vibrations and I think I am stuck in the “I”

Is there something I can do or be to experience something different?
Ry

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi
. Is there something I can do or be to experience something different?
Different from what? Please tell me.

Did you attempt the experiment I suggested?

I worded the 'seeing' experiment and the hearing one very specifically.
. Intellectually I know awareness is aware of itself and awareness is experiencing the vibrations and I think I am stuck in the “I”
As long as this is believed it will seem to be so. There will always seem to be an 'I' because one is assumed to be 'there' and 'someone' is imagined to be 'stuck' in this assumed 'I'.

It's a hell of an assumption and if you wish to succeed in this inquiry you must keep looking for this 'I'. Where is it? If you will do that there may come a moment when it's truly seen that there never was and never will be this thing 'me'.

Also, we must work together to find out what it's possible to actually KNOW, or not. What you say about intellectually knowing that 'awareness is aware of its, self'... How do you know if this is true or not?

All best

Jon

Beingsafe

Postby Beingsafe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:32 am

Hello.
I meant different from what the experience has been (I hear sounds, I am the senses).
And I can feel space between....ahhhhh I don’t know why this is sooo frustrating.
It’s like I don’t know how to speak a new
Language or something and I am not performing well enough.
Looking for something or I or trying to experience something new or impossible brings up anger.
I did the exercise and perhaps not long enough.
Maybe that is why I get the same results. I do the exercise for 10 seconds instead of a longer inquiry into the exercise.
Its like a battle going on when I try and look for the “I” me.
I’ve read about the seat of conciousness behind the body and senses and thoughts and feelings.
It’s almost like I have read too much and am looking instead of feeling for the experience or inquiry.
I don’t know.
Does
One simply close the eyes and start
Looking around for something.
How would one stop believing the stuckness belief?
So many shadows
Coming up.
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh arghhgg

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 am

Hi Ryan
. this is sooo frustrating.
It’s like I don’t know how to speak a new
Language or something and I am not performing well enough.
Listen. I completely understand your frustration. I respect it in many ways. Never think I'm judging you. You can't get this inquiry 'wrong'. It's just not like that.

I can see you're wondering how you're supposed to do this inquiry (and I can tell you, I had a very similar reaction of anger at first when I was guided). Please don't be too angry with the inquiry or yourself. I'm a very competent guide. I know how to ask the right questions. All you really have to do is be a little patient, read the exact wording of my questions and see what the experience is like when I ask you to look at specific things or experiences. It's not rocket science. All it needs is inquisitiveness but you mustn't just glance at what I've asked and assume you already know all about it so you don't need to do it.

Just give it a go with both the seeing and the hearing investigation again, reading how I've askex the questions.

All best

Jon

Beingsafe

Postby Beingsafe » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 am

Hi Jon.
Thank you for the support and challenge.
I will do as you recommended and report back.
Thanks.
Ry

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:27 am

Hi Ryan,

OK. Great.

Thank you. Speak soon

Jon

Return to “THE GATE”