Freedom

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Seamist

Re: Freedom

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:04 am

Good Morning!
And today, I want you to do this...
Go out into nature and spend some time watching the movement of the whole. See how clouds move, trees swing, leaves wiggle, grass moves, insects, birds - all move all the time.

Then move focus to sensations and see how they too are in constant motion, thoughts come and go, sounds, colours, sensations come and go.

Notice that everything is part of one movement.

Then close your eyes and see if there is a line between you and out there, between you and life itself. If yes, where is the boundary?
Is there an inside and an outside of Life?
Is there something which is not included in the movement of the whole?
Is there a witness that is watching life happening from a distance?
Is witnessing part of the one movement too?
Is there anything which is not just happening?

Go out, come back and tell me what you found.

xxx

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

Morning Sioned
It’s peeing with rain so will wait a bit to go out as am a fair weather walker! labelling a person there is noticed, a thought. There’s no clouds to watch, just one big grey sky! Feelings of sadness, agitation, tearfulness, not wanting to go out, childlike emotions, ‘I can't’/‘don’t make me’ feelings, weird sensations, feelings of disappointment. Re reading that is helpful as it’s more descriptive and less owned. Of course I need to ask who is feeling all this? Can’t find anyone, just a mix of memory feelings suggesting there’s someone but there can’t be as there’s no one to find. So that’s just the seeing. Feelings of frustration and helpless/hopelessness. But that’s really all they are ...feelings, sensations, still very powerful all the same...but to no one, just a sensing of someone... Sorry....

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am

No worries.
That's interesting, that there's sadness (etc) today. Do you understand why?
I'll be busy most of day now until the evening, let's talk more then xxxxx

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Just thinking about you, Deborah, as I drive along...
I am going to be in and out of signal today but will be able to pick up messages from time to time. Do keep in touch.
Or contact me via email if you'd prefer at this point .
Don't panic!
Xx

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks, Sioned. I think all those feelings were set off as the weather has been so rainy this morning and I felt overwhelmed with being asked to do something I really didn’t want to do and it challenged the sense of me (so still there) for some reason and brought up a lot of old stuff. Brought up weakness, sadness at not being strong enough, being a failure, not being like the rest, not fitting in, guilt, blah Dee blah. Interesting that I didn’t just maturely ask if you could postpone that exercise but rather drop into childlike mode. Mornings sometimes are not the best time mood wise and it really pressed buttons. Anyway I’ve been looking to see who’s there behind it and, of course, there was nothing despite such strong reactions. Tried to look behind the feelings, allow and welcome them. A relief to know its all bollocks and helped by the thought of the nothingness of self is reassuring. Needs embodying though. Phew...Calmer now and will go for a short walk - without the dog as difficult to keep focused with her there.
Thanks again. Xx

I don’t think I’ve got your email?

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi
You're free to say no to my suggestions, you know! They are just that. If they don't feel appropriate, just let me know (others do!).
Sound like you've dealt with your blip, anyhow.
Keep me posted xx

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm

And... Check your expectations, again. You're just seeing through an illusion. Xx

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Right thanks. Yes, must remember that, helpful. X

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:57 pm

There is further that you can go, later, if you choose to do that XX

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Probably needed to, the mind and body are really getting a blasting. Strange that although they’re illusions there’s so much strength of sensations seemingly satelliting around them. Have sense that both will burst into little pieces and fade away. If only....

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 pm

This is all good, though it can be pretty shocking and/or challenging XX

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Something occurred just now whilst reading a conversation in GG. Ilona asks Greg what he’s looking for by approaching her. I asked myself that and although I could say all sorts of things like Truth, liberation etc I realised that I didn’t know what I was looking for and if I really look there’s nothing to look for. Nowhere to go, nothing to seek, it’s a hoax really ...all my life thinking I knew what I was looking for calling it different names and concepts but truly I don’t know (probably cones down to freedom from suffering) what I’m looking for but if I is dropped then looking for is doing its own thing and finding itself at your door, it’s doing it all on its own, it’s a moving, looking but not for anything . There’s no need to know as Life is doing it all without a me or I. It’s busying itself all on it’s own and all for itself. There’s no need for me to know what I’m looking for as nobody is there to answer.
Just passing this on...x

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Just so...
What's the weather like with you now?

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Rain stopped, breeze, clouds can be seen moving in the sky again. Here still rather choppy and lost!

Debtfree

Postby Debtfree » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi, went in garden to be in nature. There’s no boundary except if thought creates one but they’re not real.
There’s no inside or outside in life.
There’s a certain stability/ stillness somewhere which perhaps isn’t included and yet it is somehow included in the movement of the whole.
There’s more of an awareness as included in the whole rather than a distant witnesser.
Yes the witness is sort of part of the movement and yet there’s a stillness about it.
There’s nothing which is not just happening as even the stillness/awareness is also just happening.

The words awareness and stillness can, in a way, suggest it is apart from the rest of the happenings but paradoxically its not.

Sioned, do people, when they’re doing this process, sometimes have sensations of spaciness and involuntary bodily movements? The latter are not uncomfortable but am getting what feel like energetic jerks through the body? Just wondering but suppose they’re just happening and don’t have to be analysed overly....

Return to “ARCHIVES”