Pushing Through

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
amrita

Re: Pushing Through

Postby amrita » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey Steven,

Try this exercise. Take your time to explore it and post back when you feel ready.

When you read these words on a screen, pay full attention to the experience, and see if you can find a self that is doing the reading or is it the case that the words are simply appearing (within awareness)?

Is there a self or I that can be found in your present experience of sitting here reading

Likewise, when you compose your responses, can you find a self that is choosing the words or do the words simply appear?

When you type your reply is there a self that is moving the fingers or are they simply moving?

Love

Amrita

amrita

Postby amrita » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 am

Hey Steven, hope you are well. Just to let you know I am going away for a long weekend (back monday/tuesday) and will be off line. If you are still interested I would advise repeating the exercises on labelling sense experience as sensastion, colour, sound etc as well as counting thoughts in order to ground yourself in the present immediate experience.

Best wishes to you

amrita

sek

Postby sek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Thank you, I am as you say going over the exercises...its really helpful, will report back in due course.

Thanks again.

amrita

Postby amrita » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Steven,

I hope you are well, I am going away for another long weekend and will be back on Monday so hopefully we can pick things up there.

I'm glad you are enjoying the exercise of labelling sense experience as it arises (i.e. sensations, images, sounds, thoughts) and
want to encourage you to keep going with this as learning to look into the nature of what is directly experienced is the essence of this inquiry.

Here are a few questions to explore...

In direct experience, what else is there apart from sensations, images, sounds, thoughts? In direct experience is there any sense of a future? Of a past? What else is there apart from direct experience of this NOW?

Love

Amrita

amrita

Postby amrita » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Steven,

I hope this finds you well. I'm back from my excursions now and ready to pick this up if you are. Hope you are very well.

Amrita

sek

Postby sek » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,

Hope you had a nice time...

its not easy to put into words always what is being felt or understood throught direct experience...

I understand the theory that ultimatley we only experience what we experience and we are only ever experieing in the now.....
I think my focus is sometimes distracted by bodily sensations, which make me feel like the body and trigger thought patterns of feelings associated with the sensation...

Love Steven

Return to “THE GATE”