Please do the following when you are actually having a conversation with someone:
The clouds of confusion have lifted and I'm able to answer from DE. I have noticed that what happens is that I am easily able to answer from DE, but when "nothing changes" I assume its not enough just to look into DE honestly and then thought starts to try to FIND the answer! anyway, lets do this!
When you say a sentence that sounds like "I am ...", "I think ...", "I have..."
- Can you find a Mike that is ...,
Outside of the thought there is nothing..
- a thinker that thinks ...,
No thinker, just thoughts arising..
- a someone that does have ...?
again, no.. its just the thought "I have to leave" I cannot find the i to which thought refers, but imagine it refers to something.
Sometimes strong bodily sensations can arise when someone blames you, or when there is a feeling of not being understood, unloved, unseen, not being good enough etc. We all know these repetitive stories.
- When there are strong physical sensations or emotions, is such a sensation or emotion in itself a person/Mike/I or me?
No, there is just a strong sensation, but the sensation doesnt say I nor is it "attached to an I"
- Is there a Mike/I/me-person somewhere inside a physical sensation or feeling of emotion? You might even really scan the sensation, every little part of it.
Again, it doesnt "say" anything.. its just sensation, pure sensation.
- Can you find anything else in experience where a me that is responding in an emotional way is residing?
Thinking back to an argument with my girlfriend I would say "I was so angry".. this statement seems SO TRUE and on some level it seems stupid to question whether there was an actual I that was angry.. It seems like it takes the validity of anger away?? like anger needs to be eliminated so we just say theres no one there? Do you know what I mean?
Thanks for your commitment to this inquiry, friend.