Unwilling Materialist

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Twang

Re: Unwilling Materialist

Postby Twang » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

When you look out the window and you look at the grass, what colour is the grass?/color]
Green

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm

When you look out the window and you look at the grass, what colour is the grass?
Green
Great!

Now close your eyes, what colour is seen?

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.

Twang

Postby Twang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 am

If you're still asking me to ignore the afterimages, flashes, and other such things, then black.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 am

If you're still asking me to ignore the afterimages, flashes, and other such things, then black.
Wonderful, yes! (The flashes etc are just colour as well, but are just focussing on the black).

Okay, so let’s do the following exercise again, keeping in mind that when you close your eyes, the colour seen is black (ignoring everything else except the black).

With eyes closed, take in a couple of deep breaths to settle the dust.
Then notice there is the experience of 'blackness'. There may a bright light, a red glow, sparkly bits or cloudy flecks appearing and disappearing - It really doesn't matter about the specifics. We are just noticing ‘blackness’.

1) With eyes closed, can you confirm that what is experienced is simply AE of colour labelled ‘black’?
2) Is there anything else in 'seeing' other than seeing ‘black’?
3) Can what is seeing ‘black’ found?
4) Can a pair of eyes, an 'I' / 'me', a person be found that is ‘seeing’ ‘black’?
What do you find?

Is there anything that is witnessing the colour labelled ‘black’? Or is there just 'black’ to be found?

Look very carefully. Where does ‘seeing’ end and colour begin? Can a dividing line between ‘seeing’ and colour be found? Or is there just seeing/colour?

Can a 'see-er' ever be found in 'what is being seen' – AE colour?

If that is all, and no INHERENT SEE-ER found . . . would anything that is suggested as the see-er be anything other than a concept/idea/thought?

Okay….then open the eyes and look around.

Is there a difference between the ‘black’ when eyes are closed and ‘colour’ when eyes are open or are they both simply the appearance of colour?

Is there anything that is witnessing colour? Or is the colour and seeing colour one and the same?

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.

Return to “THE GATE”