Ending the constant searching

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Trinidiana

Re: Ending the constant searching

Postby Trinidiana » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi there Vince
Let's leave the possibility that it might happen in our lifetime, on the table. Even that it might be triggered by Trump's reign. ..or the pendulum might swing to a more humanitarian side, after the current emphasis on economics (at the expense (tic) of humanitarian issues)
Yes , regarding happening in our lifetime, anything is possible, thats true. What do you think about astrology? A load of rubbish? Do you think there are patterns at all?
However, its still different from the actual raw experience, its secondhand.
Certainly it is a different experience. Only story can downplay the value of it. An enjoyable experience is what it is.
Im still confused about memories. Memories are thought based , they are part of THIS, however don't you think people get caught up too much in memories as in past stories and play UP the value of them? And ruminate too much in the past or future?
Technology has shaped the world we live in most definitely.
..you aint seen nothin' yet !
I know! Its going to change a lot!
Would this lead to a boring life with no drama and stories", yep probably
Hmm, i'm not so sure. Boredom is about wanting something different.
Good point, but dont you think this life and its learning is designed around contrast?
Is helplessness about not having control ?
Yes I think thats exactly what helplessness is. But maybe too thats where surrendering comes in
all that needs to be done to unclench is a relaxation,
Would this be preceded by an intention to unclench ?
Well it would certainly help to have the intention. How powerful do you think intentions are? I still get confused with the notions of having no free will or control but yet that people who seems to have intentions in their lives do seem to get results?

Well thats it for today
Love
Diana

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Good morning Diana,
What do you think about astrology?
i cannot fathom any credibility to it. i do have compassion for those who use it to bring some meaning to their lives. i feel the same way about all religions, including the religions of money and power. (actually (temporary) annoyance arises for the latter more easily)
Do you think there are patterns at all?
Hmm, don't know. i'm inclined to think that there are, but don't know if there is any order to those. It belongs in the mystery basket.
however don't you think people get caught up too much in memories as in past stories and play UP the value of them? And ruminate too much in the past or future?
Absolutely. It's when they are used as a form of denial about the NOW, that it is inappropriate behaviour.
dont you think this life and its learning is designed around contrast?
i wouldn't say "designed", but contrast probably does influence desire.
maybe thats where surrendering comes in
Would surrender change victimhood to something practical ?
How powerful do you think intentions are?
Intentions are often one of the conditions necessary for happening to manifest.
In the area of 'personal' health and fitness, i think that they play a big part.
yet that people who seems to have intentions in their lives do seem to get results?
Yes, but the mistake is to believe that the results are solely caused by will power. Ego inflation is often involved here.
Looking at the past 24 hours, how do you think that life would have been different for you if you were awake ?

love

vince

Trinidiana

Postby Trinidiana » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 am

Hi Vince,
Life has been busy
I don’t have much for you but wanted to check in
Yes, but the mistake is to believe that the results are solely caused by will power. Ego inflation is often involved here.
Looking at the past 24 hours, how do you think that life would have been different for you if you were awake ?
I know what you mean, it seems to be a mixture of some sort of will , (which is still due to conditioning) and surrender .i see how easily the ego can be inflated.
Looking at the past several days, i feel if i were awake that i wouldn’t be as reactive, i wouldn’t be constantly feeling restless, anxious, somewhat depressed and lost in thought
I know life won’t be a bed of roses buf i would expect more peace, more steadiness
Love
Diana

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm

i feel if i were awake that i wouldn’t be as reactive, i wouldn’t be constantly feeling restless, anxious, somewhat depressed and lost in thought
What if i told you that it would be exactly as it is...
Until it changes.

much love

vince

Trinidiana

Postby Trinidiana » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 am

No i don’t get it , it might be the same in circumstances and conditions but something must be different else what’s the point of even talking about this or inquiring?

Something needs to be crack

Love
Diana

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 am

Hi Diana,
Something needs to be crack
Agreed. Something does need to crack, and that something is the recognition that THIS is it!
How can it be any different ?
You are not looking for what is not. (although you insist that you are)
Hmm, having said that, i guess that what is not, is the acceptance, that THIS is it.
So, i should have said that you are not looking for something outside of yourself (you know what i mean when i say "yourself")
i know (believe) that you hear my words that with the acceptance of the shitty stuff, that it will change. So how do we move from hearing words to the visceral knowing that they are true ?

love

vince

Trinidiana

Postby Trinidiana » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:19 pm

HI Vince, have my brother and wife and stepson coming into town today so wont write again till Monday!

Yes I know , total acceptance, not trying to change anything, knowing, recognizing that THIS is it!

It is hard to sometimes not to think things could be different, or want things to be different even if futile, so even though I understand intellectually what you say, I am not there yet. There are many choices that I have made in life which I wish I had not. I try to tell myself that everything is just the way it should be, but is it really, or is this a story I tell myself to make myself feel better? Or rationalise things, I just dont know to be honest
You are not looking for what is not. (although you insist that you are)
Hmm, having said that, i guess that what is not, is the acceptance, that THIS is it
Confused as to what you are saying lol, I insist that I am NOT looking for what is not... meaning I dont think I am looking to change the things I dont like about life and focusing on them? I need to accept and surrender?
So, i should have said that you are not looking for something outside of yourself (you know what i mean when i say "yourself")
i know (believe) that you hear my words that with the acceptance of the shitty stuff, that it will change. So how do we move from hearing words to the visceral knowing that they are true ?
Ok, I think its getting a bit clear what you are telling me, actually no I am still confused Vince, are you telling me that I should not be looking for something outside of myself (yes I know what you mean when you say yourself) and that I am, or that I should be looking for something outside of myself? And that Im not?

I think what you are saying is that everything is the way it is, cant be changed, acceptance and surrender to all conditions of my life is what is needed. right?
I dont know how to move from hearing words and understanding it to the visceral knowing, I dont know how to stop seeking, these days I feel a sadness and a confusion some of the time , a lot of the time actually . Like a brain fog. And I had a couple more dreams where the dreams were like daily life and then I am a bit confused as to if something happened or not? Strange..

Anyway, this has been a very confused post hasn't it?

Love
Diana

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Good evening Diana,
this has been a very confused post hasn't it?
Hmm, i think that it's not the post that is confused.
This might be a way in. Let's examine confusion.
Is it having two contradictory ideas ?
..in which case, it would be one that is 'right' and one not. How does this 'ring' ?
Is it having ideas that we don't want to be 'right' ?
Is it having ideas that seem 'wrong' ?
Is it a disconnect between ideas and feelings ?
Can you look at your confusion and describe the process.
Yes I know , total acceptance, not trying to change anything, knowing, recognizing that THIS is it!
There doesn't seem to be any confusion here.
It is hard to sometimes not to think things could be different, or want things to be different
Of course. We all do this. An awakened 'person' does this and recognizes it as a wishful story, then lets it go. Those asleep, cling to the possibility that somehow it might magically manifest. ..i might add that the awakened one will always allow the possibility that anything is possible - just not cling to hope.
What happens for you ?
There are many choices that I have made in life which I wish I had not.
Yes, i imagine that this is so for everybody. It certainly is for me. Do we live in regret ? ..or accept that it is past tense ?
I try to tell myself that everything is just the way it should be
It's not a case of "should be", but a case of It is what it IS.
Just like the tree that grew with a lean because of the constant wind. We can lament the idea that it's not symetrical, or revel in the wonder at the beauty in that it survived the conditions.
is this a story I tell myself to make myself feel better?
Probably. ..and recognizing this you can giggle at the amazing power of stories. (the world can't exist without them)
I just dont know to be honest
i think that you do know. Does this meet one of the ideas about confusion above ?
are you telling me that I should not be looking for something...
Yes! Look hard. Look for the rest of your life. Look high or low. You will not find anything that will change THIS.
YOUR SEARCHING DAYS ARE OVER. You are standing in gold up to your knees.
Stop looking for... and start looking AT!
I dont know how to move from hearing words and understanding it to the visceral knowing
There is no movement required. Just a perspective shift.
Just stop right now. Close your eyes and listen to sounds that you normally ignore. Do you hear them ? They were always there. Just not noticed.
Now expand this to your idea of THIS.

LOVE

vince

Trinidiana

Postby Trinidiana » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 am

Hi Vince,

Ok, let’s examine confusion
Yes it Wasn’t the post confused, it’s me confused! The thoughts and mind .

Yes i think There are ideas in me that i feel some are 'right' and some are 'wrong', or more like i think some are clear and aligned with truth and some are muddied .
Yes there Is a disconnect between ideas and feelings, i think so in some instances

I don’t know if i can describe my confusion, do you mean in daily life, or in this inquiry or are they one and the Same?

As you know, life is very challenging right now, and it’s getting so more by the day, this brings up confusion in my mind and psyche trying to handle it all. Arguing with reality and feeling somewhat hopeless . In terms of this inquiry , i don’t know what can take me from the intellectual understanding of all this to the visceral knowing. I don’t know what is blocking me and this is confusing . Some contradictory ideas would be at some level having the idea that everything will work out in life and that being a basically good person trying to be myself and caring about life should mean that it shouldn’t have to be hard on the one hand, and yet being able to see that this is really ridiculous when you think of how most of the world lives. As you know i am tormented by every system around me being broken and seeing so much greed and corruption, even though i know there is so much good around too. These are all conflicts and cause confusion. I don’t want things to be random and chaotic at some fundamental level, but 'GOOD'

We all do this. An awakened 'person' does this and recognizes it as a wishful story, then lets it go. Those asleep, cling to the possibility that somehow it might magically manifest. ..i might add that the awakened one will always allow the possibility that anything is possible - just not cling to hope.
What happens for you ?
This relates to what i was just saying, yes there Is part of me, the idealist part that really wants things to be different and good and peaceful. I think i do cling to the possibility that it might magically manifest, hmmm. I think i cling to hope Vince , i do!
Yes, i imagine that this is so for everybody. It certainly is for me. Do we live in regret ? ..or accept that it is past tense ?
I think i don’t live in regret really. For the most part i accept the past tense, there is a tiny regret but not much! I kind of avoid the last, i don’t like looking at old pics, makes me nostalgic, so i guess this is regret?
It's not a case of "should be", but a case of It is what it IS.
Just like the tree that grew with a lean because of the constant wind. We can lament the idea that it's not symetrical, or revel in the wonder at the beauty in that it survived the conditions

This is beautiful how you put this Vince, i cried when i read it ! I like the reveling instead of the lamenting. What IS can be devastating like the loss of my ex's son, it’s hard not to lament the big things, but yes i do Understand what you say, it just IS

Ok, i know that i tell myself stories to feel better , yes it does for me as you asked meet one of the ideas about confusion . You’re right, without stories the world can’t exist but at one level, it seems so pointless if they are all just stories and not what IS

Your post made me cry again when you said i am standing in gold up to my knees. It’s like at some level i know this but i am veiled. SEEKING TO STOP SEEKING....

I am looking FOR instead of looking AT, you nailed it!

Every day i try to start my day with gratitude and acceptance and many days it gets even worse than i can imagine, it’s so strange, it’s like test after test!
But i know i am blessed Vince , even amongst it all.
There is no movement required. Just a perspective shift.
Just stop right now. Close your eyes and listen to sounds that you normally ignore. Do you hear them ? They were always there. Just not noticed.
Now expand this to your idea of THIS.
Yes like The fridge always running, that you don’t notice, of if you live near an airport you don’t notice the planes flying by anymore , or do the fish know they are in water, so much unnoticed, why is the human condition this way, i know it’s a mystery and how to shift the persepecive, i know I’ve asked yo this a million times....

Funnily enough as i was writing to you, a song came one that i didn’t know and it caught my attention, guess what the name is, SURRENDer, these are some of the lyrics as far as i could make out..

Can there be synchronicity without being in magical thinking? What do you think?

'Raise the white flag and surrender to this life, don’t question how or why, pour the whiskey , smell the roses, tell some jokes, laugh before you die

It is all BS, life is too short, always think that we’ll get it done just in time to go , somewhere who knows where, maybe some place better, but surrender, when it’s time to question how or why, lay your arms down and surrender, you will feel amazing,

Amazing,what is fiction what is real, we been programmed what to feel by the tv by the pen. Let your heart open your eyes again, your eyes again

You know life’s too short to live it in fear, only thing you will regret is what you do not do at all even more than that stupid things you do. LOST IT HERE

OK THATS IT

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Good evening Diana,
The thoughts and mind
Is there a difference between thoughts and mind ?
'right' and some are 'wrong'
Is there confusion about which are which ?
i think some are clear and aligned with truth and some are muddied
So is there conflict between these ? ..or are the muddied ones promising to become clear and displace the currently clear ones ? (or something else?)
there Is a disconnect between ideas and feelings,
Does one of these have more credibility ?
I don’t know if i can describe my confusion, do you mean in daily life, or in this inquiry or are they one and the Same?
They are the same.
life is very challenging
..meaning that something is asked of you that you find difficult to deliver ?
trying to handle it all.
Do you mean, just cope or be productive in spite of it ?
Arguing with reality
i thought that you could recognize what is concept and what is actual (reality) ?
Arguing with reality and feeling somewhat hopeless .
Does this mean that you want what is actual to be different and suffer when it doesn't accomodate ?
I don’t know what is blocking me
Don't think of it as something that is blocking you. Just imagine that it is something that you haven't recognized. (it is only a blink away)
having the idea that everything will work out in life and that being a basically good person trying to be myself and caring about life should mean that it shouldn’t have to be hard on the one hand,
Hmm, i guess most fairy stories end with everybody living happily ever after.
The irony is that when you stop believing in fairy stories, then they become true.
I don’t want things to be random and chaotic at some fundamental level, but 'GOOD'
i wonder if random and chaotic is the basis for diversity - which nature relies on for stability.
I think i cling to hope
Hope is good. We just need to accept that it may not happen (or may)
it seems so pointless if they are all just stories and not what IS
The story IS.
The product of the story IS.
Every day i try to start my day with gratitude and acceptance
This, like positive thinking, just gives you a temporary bounce. Stop it. Make the practice to FEEL gratitude and acceptance in the midst of the shit that occurs.
how to shift the persepecive
It's not something that you can DO. If the intention to notice what perspective exists and wonder if an alternative one exists, when shit happens, then brain might begin to rewire.
Can there be synchronicity without being in magical thinking? What do you think?
i often wonder if something is synchronicity. i would never categorically say that it is, but the possibility that it is, is there. (ah, the mystery...)
"Raise the white flag and surrender to this life..."
Wow, it certainly is apt.

love

vince

Trinidiana

Postby Trinidiana » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm

HI Vince, sorry for the delay in my reply
The thoughts and mind
Is there a difference between thoughts and mind ?
Not really, no! More a phrase of speech, mind is like the abstract noun to describe a collection of thoughts that seem to be contained in a unit of 'Diana' but this is really nonsense upon examination. Is there one big collective mind?

[quote
]'right' and some are 'wrong'
Is there confusion about which are which ?[/quote]

I dont know if there is confusion, I think not, really, but there is criticism of thoughts by other thoughts, again this sounds stupid when writing it out like this ....
i think some are clear and aligned with truth and some are muddied
So is there conflict between these ? ..or are the muddied ones promising to become clear and displace the currently clear ones ? (or something else?)
It seems like there is conflict at times, but the muddied ones are not promising to become clear to displace the current clear ones, but just to become clear and join them. I dont know, this does sound silly writing it
there Is a disconnect between ideas and feelings,
Does one of these have more credibility ?
I dont think one of them has more credibility, but feelings are more real and in your face and not easily ignored whereas ideas can be ignored
They are the same
Agreed
life is very challenging
..meaning that something is asked of you that you find difficult to deliver ?
Yes , thats how it feels, exactly!
trying to handle it all.
Do you mean, just cope or be productive in spite of it ?
I feel like I am barely coping and I would like to be productive in spite of it, I feel I should be able to be
Arguing with reality
i thought that you could recognize what is concept and what is actual (reality) ?
I usually can, but forget and get caught up in concepts. Its hard in practice to recognize all the time
Arguing with reality and feeling somewhat hopeless .
Does this mean that you want what is actual to be different and suffer when it doesn't accomodate ?
Yes thats exactly what I mean, YES !
I don’t know what is blocking me
Don't think of it as something that is blocking you. Just imagine that it is something that you haven't recognized. (it is only a blink away)
A blink away, but still not recognized. A shift in perception, so close, and yet so far.......
Hmm, i guess most fairy stories end with everybody living happily ever after.
The irony is that when you stop believing in fairy stories, then they become true.
Make sense what you are saying, yet it feels like for me to stop believing in fairy stories like good always eventually prevailing would somehow make me jaded, hopless, cynical even?!
I don’t want things to be random and chaotic at some fundamental level, but 'GOOD'
i wonder if random and chaotic is the basis for diversity - which nature relies on for stability.
Im fine with diversity and some of the total randomness and chaos necessary for it, I just want to believe that there is some fundamental intelligence underlying all this , a beautiful Wonder-full mystery, you know?
Hope is good. We just need to accept that it may not happen (or may)
I know, you're right...
The story IS.
The product of the story IS.
Well then.. if stories are real and important, why cant i want a different story, somewhat different anyway? Even while accepting the current story??
Make the practice to FEEL gratitude and acceptance in the midst of the shit that occurs.
this is hard to do, I am trying. It works sometimes , sometimes, but can feel contrived at times too
If the intention to notice what perspective exists and wonder if an alternative one exists, when shit happens, then brain might begin to rewire.
Ok, this might be easier to do than the acceptance and feeling of gratitude amidst the shit

Hope you're having a good Sunday, or maybe its already Monday for you

Take care
xoxo

Diana

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Good evening Diana,
sorry for the delay in my reply
No worries. i am really busy these days too.
Is there one big collective mind?
i wouldn't know. What does make sense is that the collective emotions generated by like thinking minds, do create an atmosphere.
this sounds stupid when writing it out like this
Yes, it does sound stupid, but also very real and really common. Do you think that it produces stress ?
Does it result in feelings and behaviour to attempt to alleviate the situation ?
the muddied ones are not promising to become clear to displace the current clear ones, but just to become clear and join them.
So, if we were to anchor our thoughts to something (apparently) external to them, say what is seen to be actual (reality), do you think that they might 'fight' less ?
feelings are more real and in your face and not easily ignored whereas ideas can be ignored
..and if ideas generate feelings ?
meaning that something is asked of you that you find difficult to deliver ?
Yes , thats how it feels, exactly!
So if you were to assess the request and find that it would be difficult or impossible to deliver, immediately, would you feel guilty in refusing to action it ?
yet it feels like for me to stop believing in fairy stories like good always eventually prevailing would somehow make me jaded, hopless, cynical even?!
i experience compassion mixed with respect for those around me that are lost their fairy tales. i don't feel cynical, but relieved that i'm no longer trapped.
I just want to believe that there is some fundamental intelligence underlying all this , a beautiful Wonder-full mystery, you know?
Then believe. The possibility that there is, is just as great as any other. Knowing that this is a good story can have positive benefits.
if stories are real and important, why cant i want a different story, somewhat different anyway? Even while accepting the current story??
You can. Write a new chapter into the story of Diana. It has just as much validity as the current chapters.
Don't write it as a hoped for version, but as an actual one.
but can feel contrived at times too
That is fine. A great story about a placebo trial is that when the participants were told that they were taking a sugar pill, it still worked.
Hope you're having a good Sunday,
that Sunday was good and this one is too.

love

vince

Return to “THE GATE”