seeing clearly

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
peacefulmind

seeing clearly

Postby peacefulmind » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:14 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Absence of self entity ... Just Pure awareness

What are you looking for at LU?
Looking for seing "behond"... Seeing through this "I" movie/nightmare ; through this hypnotic nevrotic dream state...
Thanks for this guidance & amaizing help you are kindly offering us. We must all wake up...

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Guidance through the dream, clarification, direct experience to realize "what is not and what is"... If there is some "thing"... May be sharing experiences and views... Sorry I do not know precisely !

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Years in investigation in many directions to understand our world, mind, suffering, freedom...

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?: 11

peacefulmind

Re: seeing clearly

Postby peacefulmind » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello, just new around & happy about it but just have just red that we must give up our spiritual practice on order to follow the process with our guide : (
So i think it wont be possible to go further as it is part of my daily life...
Too bad not possible to do the seeing experimentation with you then
Love & light...
Pema.

Xain

Postby Xain » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Peacefulmind

I saw your second response, and I thought I might add a few pointers for you and any other people who see this thread.

If your current spiritual practise reinforces the belief in a self or relies on a lot of specific spiritual ideas and beliefs, it will not work with this guidance. It will make the realisation being offered here very difficult or near-to impossible.

This guidance is to realise that there is no inherent self - No REAL I. Even to the extent of realising that there is no inherent person actually engaging in a spiritual practise.
If your spiritual practise relies upon, or reinforces the idea that there is a real person taking part in the practise then that is in direct opposition to the realisation being offered here.

Secondly, the more spiritual ideas, beliefs and expectations one has about this realisation and the sense of self, the more difficult it will be to realise what we are pointing to here. The thicker the level of spiritual beliefs and ideas, the more difficult it is to see-through it all.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?: 11
With respect, if your current spiritual practise is more important than the realisation on offer here, a score of 11 is rather disingenuous isn't it, don't you think?

Xain ♥

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Hiii Xain thanks for pupping out quicly & for ur comete reply.
These practices are going in the same sens...but yet even if i could have had some "tiny glimpses" still am stuck with this dual "I" on a daily basis.
And yes 11 because am really fed up of this dual way of seeing...

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Popping out & complete reply (wrong spellings in previous message sorry ! )

Xain

Postby Xain » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Is it possible to put your other activities 'on hold' and look with a completely fresh pair of eyes? (So to speak).
Absence of self entity ... Just Pure awareness
The guidance is for you to realise that there is no inherent self - No REAL 'I'. There never was, there never will be.

Nothing will disappear. Instead, it will be realised that the idea that there is a separate person here right now . . . is just that . . . nothing more than an idea . . . a belief . . . thoughts (and misperceptions) themselves create the illusion that there is an 'I'.

Xain ♥

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Thank you. All of this i know it after several years on decomposive self believes & emptiness teachings. Yet am stuck experiencing an inner, outer, me body, others bodies...
Yes i could put eveything aside (even just sitting practice ?) but am going to nepal soon to receive empow so i guess i have to postpone.
Love

Xain

Postby Xain » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Perhaps you could reply again to this thread and start guidance when you return?

Xain ♥

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Ok Xain. Thank you.
Won't be back before April 20.
Best regards & wishes.
Love
Pema.

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello am back. : )

Xain

Postby Xain » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:51 am

Hi again Pema

Welcome back - I hope you enjoyed your trip to Nepal.
You mentioned that you had studied the emptiness teachings - What did this involve?
Did you get anything out of it?
Did they address the emptiness of the self / wrong-view of self? I take it, that it was a Buddhist group?
These practices are going in the same sens...but yet even if i could have had some "tiny glimpses" still am stuck with this dual "I" on a daily basis.
Perhaps something further to explain here.
Realising 'no self' does not change experience in any way. It is not a 'state', either temporarily or permanently.
It is a realisation - You just 'realise' something. That's all.
You realise that there has never been an inherent self, a REAL I. Even RIGHT NOW THIS MOMENT there isn't a real self.
The only thing to be done is to realise it.

When you say 'stuck with an I on a daily basis' how do you mean? How does this manifest itself?

What expectations do you have about this realisation? What do you expect to happen (if anything)?
Do you have any concerns or fears?

Xain ♥

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 am

Dear Xain

Thanks for ur reply. Sorry haven't seen ur reply so far ! yes i have studied Buddhist & Dzogchen emptiness topics + recently found Mooji guided videos too. So yes i am 100 % ok with the self entity emptiness & emptiness of all phenomenas.
YET on a daily living basis experience, i still feel sens of I, , I am, I have to deal with a job, with a life (for example).... Sens of "mine", you, yours... Inner/outer.....
Expectations ? Hum.... More freedom
No fear.
Thank you !

Xain

Postby Xain » Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 am

YET on a daily living basis experience, i still feel sens of I, , I am, I have to deal with a job, with a life (for example).... Sens of "mine", you, yours... Inner/outer.....
Are you expecting experience to change in some way, or for you to enter a new 'state'?
Expectations ? Hum.... More freedom
More freedom for whom?
(Me, a real person you might suggest).
And yet the guidance here at LU is to realise that there is no inherent self - No real 'me'.
No fear.
Negative emotions and fear will not change after this realisation.
There may be more of an ease to life as a BY-PRODUCT of the realisation, but not because of it. And I only say 'may be' as what can happen after any realisation cannot be estimated. You should not read about other's experiences and expect the same.

To address other expectations, please have a look at the FAQ - The link here:
https://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/

Xain ♥

peacefulmind

Postby peacefulmind » Mon May 01, 2017 11:18 am

I already have sometimes experienced few inner changes (deep peace, vast openess, great joy....)
The wish to be more free from this "I" centeredness way of relating with every"thing" (people, event, thoughts, self image, "me" story.....). To get rid of this hallucinatory/illusionary way of seeing
In fact i should have wrote "i" feel no fear (in response of your few days ago question).
Thanks for the link i'll check : )

Return to “THE GATE”