Persephone this is your thread.

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
nonaparry

Persephone this is your thread.

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Welcome! Can you tell me a little about yourself and how you came to Liberation Unleashed?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Persephone

Re: Persephone this is your thread.

Postby Persephone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Yes, I believe I started awakening about 10 years ago, from being a character in a seemingly sad love story, but it's been awful because I wasn't expecting it, didn't understand it, so it was traumatic. Also, after the "Light" of the dazzling darkness of love, it was so much darkness and crushing emotional presences one after another. As soon as one cleared, another would fuse in seemingly through the edges of my "aura". I've let go of a lot over the years ego-wise, pretty much gave up on being a regular person, but it's exhausting and there has to be an easier way. So I am here out of pure mercy for whatever it is I am. I saw a link to this site in an article by Lori Lothian and knew it was something I wanted to try in order to see truth. Thank you for responding.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Thank you. It sounds like a hard decade. Lets see if we can't shed some light for you. Seeing truth is our specialty.

So please clarify for me:
What do you expect that liberation is going to be like?
What do you want from it?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Persephone

Postby Persephone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 pm

I expect that liberation will be freedom from what I believe I am experiencing, whatever seems to make me suffer, what makes for clouds and darkness and heaviness and joylessness. To be able to see through all that and laugh because I see the truth, which from what I've heard is very funny.

I want to be nothing and enjoy it, too. Laugh about it.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Haha! Great! This one's experience was totally hilarious! And not all have that experience.

Okay, so here's how it works. I ask you questions; you reply in great detail with 100% honesty, from your own experience. There are no Right answers; there are only YOUR answers.
Please agree to post at least once a day.

We begin at the beginning. Tell me precisely what thoughts and feelings come up as you read this and let this thought into your mind:
There is no separate self, no entity 'me' at all in reality. As in zero. There is everything else, life is going on as always, but it's not happening to 'me'. Like breathing is not happening to 'me', it's just happening.

Looking forward to YOUR true answers!

Persephone

Postby Persephone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Okay, thank you. I agree to post at least once a day.

My thoughts are that I can identify with zero. Life does appear to be going on as usual. I hear birds outside. Traffic. Nothing much is happening but me typing this response right now. Took a sip of coffee. I don't notice very much in the way of details, especially of objects and such. Not much caring about things. But I'll do my best describing honestly. I notice that breathing is happening here.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Good! Thanks for following the simple directions.
My thoughts are that I can identify with zero.
How do you know that those are YOUR thoughts? How do you own them? Do you control them? Where do they come from?
Nothing much is happening but me typing this response right now.
Who is typing? What is 'me' and where can it be found? Please look.

Who is hearing birds and traffic? Who is sipping coffee? Hearing and sipping are experiences; is there an experiencer?
I notice that breathing is happening here.
Good!!! When you notice that breathing is happening, do you notice a breather? Is there an I that does the breathing?

Let me know if this is too much at once. Please reply in great detail.

Persephone

Postby Persephone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:29 pm

I don't know that the thoughts are mine. I can't stop them from coming or I would have. Sometimes I can drop attention away from them. Like: No thanks, I'm not thinking that. I don't know where they come from.

Looking for me that is typing, hearing, sipping. Looking for an experiencer. Can't find anything substantial. Seems like nothing. Will keep looking.

No, I don't notice a breather other than the appearance of a body breathing. Is there a breather inside when I close my eyes? Breathing is happening out of nothing, nowhere. The thought comes to hold my breath and I do. The thought comes to breathe again and I breathe again.

Who is I? I have no idea. Looking for I.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 am

Good!!
I don't know that the thoughts are mine. I can't stop them from coming or I would have. ... I don't know where they come from.
So 'you' are not the Thinker; thoughts just appear.
Looking for me that is typing, hearing, sipping. Looking for an experiencer. Can't find anything substantial. Seems like nothing. Will keep looking.
Here is an exercise for direct perception:
Close your eyes and search for the boundary of you. Where do you end and where does the world begin? In your direct experience, how tall are you? How old? How many toes do you have? Couldn't you be any shape? Can you feel a boundary between skin and clothes, or is this only a kind of blurry sensation?
Smell a rose or dogshit. Without thinking, without telling stories: Is there a you smelling the flower? Or is there only the experience of smell...
When you open your eyes, what happens? Is there a you looking out of two holes in your head?
Are you doing seeing? Or are the sights just here, without any boundary?
The thought comes to hold my breath and I do. The thought comes to breathe again and I breathe again.
And while you're sleeping? Are there thoughts about breathing while the body sleeps? Or is there just breathing?
Who is I? I have no idea. Looking for I.
Excellent.
Please look for 'I' in direct experience and report back.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 am

Hello dear one. How's it going?

Return to “THE GATE”