Hello, seeking guidance

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Kirk2

Hello, seeking guidance

Postby Kirk2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:36 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
“Self” is a concept, a word that may or may not point to a direct experience, a content less experience that is not nothing. In reality, all there is, all that is real, is the Self, which is not a thing.

What are you looking for at LU?
To explore or look into whether or not this could be for me. It has arisen several times as a possibility and I am following the impulse to look into it. I have a friend who speaks of it and I would to be able to have my own direct experience.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Friendly support and guidance re: attending to the I Am. Feedback for abiding in understanding. A compassionate resonance, seeing what I seem to ignore or overlook from time to time, and a pointing of this out to me.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have practiced focused, daily self inquiry for 2.5 years. And have been on a progressive path of psychological inquiry for a lifetime prior to this.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Kirk2

Re: Hello, seeking guidance

Postby Kirk2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:39 pm

To elaborate. Nearly all activity in my experience now is related directly to these matters and I am totally devoted to clarity of understanding.

I have direct experiences of the experienceless, though still forget, overlook, and seem to ignore the essential truth out of habits and conditioning often, and then when it occurs to me, make my way back to the zero point as directly as can be.

The last book I read was Rupert Spira’s The Nature of Consciousness in 2017, and have been focused exclusively on direct experience since then.

I am interested in only those exchanges that serve to evoke experientially the deep understanding. I like to be challenged in respectful and compassionate ways from a place of knowing by lovers of the truth.

And I enjoy being with a community of friends with whom I can share this love and truth.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi Kirk2 My name is Kento, one of the guides in this forum.
I'd be more than glad to help you. :)

As for the below in your intro,

attending to the I Am. Feedback for abiding in understanding.

What if this in NOT about "attending to the I Am" nor "abiding" in anything?
Would you still want to have a dialogue?

Please let me know,

Kento
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.
Email: swinganova@hotmail.co.jp

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Kento,
Yes. I am open to dialogue.

Thank you for asking.

The most frequent lingering desire that arises is for connection.

❤️Kirk

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:06 am

Great, Kirk!

Could you tell a bit more about what you want to clarify in the conversation here?
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 am

The shared substance of the I, the want, and the conversation, to be that knowingly, and to live a life in alliance with that understanding.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 am

The shared substance of the I

What do you mean by this? Please explain.
the date.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 am

I notice a strong pull to connect, to have a shared experience, to meet in understanding, to join with and merge with, and to fulfill this impulse with “others”, like in this conversation.

I know that the urge to merge is within myself, if we can call it a self. For the I that I am, the knowing being, and the experience that is experienced, to be seen clearly as one and the same, without oneness.

I know this from my direct experience, and talk about it now from memory. But because of having had that taste of my own Divine being as it already and always is, it is an obsession, pre-occupying my thoughts and experiences to a large degree.

To relinquish the striving for what couldn’t not be, to see the I who wants as of thought, nobody’s driving the bus, but the habit of believing so holds on.

Who is it who knows this?

Sometimes self-inquiry will arise, but lately, even if those words arise in thought, there seems to be a kind of silencing, so that they don’t come out loud. And there is just the sitting in silence.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:34 am

By shared substance I mean the only substance. pure knowing. Awareness. That which is aware. The knowing that is. consciousness.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:39 am

I is a word that refers to knowing’s knowledge of itself. It is the name that which knows itself gives itself. It is a word that points to that which is most intimate with ourselves.

All there is to I is knowing. It is the substance of experience, if we can call it a substance.

The I that wants is the imaginary separate I made only of thought. Thought stakes claim to I, and as such, seems to have desires born out of a sense of lack and limitation because that is what it looks like through the limited point of view of thought.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 am

Thanks. :)

During this conversation, would it be possible for you to discard
all those ideas about awareness, knowing, thought, and focus on what we investigate here?
the date.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:56 am

I am present, yes.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Even those ideas about "being present" and so on.

Now, could you tell how yourself is perceived? You don't have to sound non-duality
or spiritual at all; just try to describe how you feel in a most precise way possible.
the date.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm

I can not the mechanism for perception nor how perception is known. My self is not perceived. It is known. And feeling and it’s particular qualities are not relevant to the task.

Kirk2

Postby Kirk2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:14 pm

*I can not see or know or experience the mechanisms for perception.

Return to “THE GATE”