silence

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
alreadyfree

Re: silence

Postby alreadyfree » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:36 am

PS for me, dropping my story means dropping my past history & any notion of being programmed or conditioned by it. That would mean being completely in the present. It also means letting go of many of my habits & routines.

I used to travel a lot in other countries (mainly Asia & India) & one reason I liked it was because all those I met had no idea of my past, my story. I avoided other Australians as I knew they would expect me to behave like an average Australian. I travelled alone & this travelling strongly facilitated the dropping of my story. Not being tied to any one place or country helped a lot too.

I remember reading a spiritual book by Andrew Cohen USA called "Freedom Has No History". There's also a Byron Katie book called "Who Would you Be Without Your Story?".

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:41 am

Hi Phil,

Well, it was only an hour cos' I'd spent 25 years training. :D

But look, each and every one of us is different, and there's no gate as such (apologies for zen-like statement).
We're also different every day, every moment.

What we're looking at here first of all is to have a welcome foundation of liking ourselves, giving ourselves the benefit of the doubt, accepting that we are not angels, and whilst there may be things I don't like and do like, either way, I'm going to make the radical move of accepting all of that with judgement.

This is one of the conditions for seeing anything.

Why? Because 'self' is nothing more than the story of our hurt.

And so we can do valuable work in opening ourselves up to ourselves, whole and complete. No judgement required.

^ Explore that Phil for yourself. If there is something that gets in the way of your acceptance of yourself, ACCEPT THAT TOO WITH LOVE FOR YOURSELF and without judgement - and keep going till there's nothing in the way of your whole and complete acceptance of yourself, good, bad & ugly. :)

With much love,
John
"The more he looked inside, the more Piglet wasn't there." - A.A.Milne

Author, The Faun's Apprentice - see on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fauns-Apprenti ... B01AR2B63U

alreadyfree

Postby alreadyfree » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Well, it was only an hour cos' I'd spent 25 years training. :D

But look, each and every one of us is different, and there's no gate as such (apologies for zen-like statement).
We're also different every day, every moment.

What we're looking at here first of all is to have a welcome foundation of liking ourselves, giving ourselves the benefit of the doubt, accepting that we are not angels, and whilst there may be things I don't like and do like, either way, I'm going to make the radical move of accepting all of that with judgement.

This is one of the conditions for seeing anything.

Why? Because 'self' is nothing more than the story of our hurt.

And so we can do valuable work in opening ourselves up to ourselves, whole and complete. No judgement required.

^ Explore that Phil for yourself. If there is something that gets in the way of your acceptance of yourself, ACCEPT THAT TOO WITH LOVE FOR YOURSELF and without judgement - and keep going till there's nothing in the way of your whole and complete acceptance of yourself, good, bad & ugly. :)
Hi John

Thanks for your message. I've been intending to have a good look at other conversations (threads?) on The Gate so I see how other people are using the guiding process. That's because I still feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this process. But I haven't done that today, mainly cos I was in a low mood for most of the time. Yes I did try your suggestion re asking the mood what it was trying to tell me, but couldn't get an answer.

I know yesterday I had quite a lot of doubt about LU. I also realised that since registering with LU about 4-6 weeks ago I had been excited about it cos I hoped it would make a big improvement to my life. I guess that's true of most folk who register for a LU guide. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

But yesterday I realised that my expectations of LU were maybe unrealistic & too high. Yes the LU book is full of exciting & inspiring material, but I know all spiritual or self-help books are like that - to maximise sales. But of course, the LU book doesn't mention anything about how often people don't get through the gate, or give up before reaching it because it's too difficult. Anyway, maybe I'm waffling on again or not being positive enough.

As you say, there is no Gate as such & I sort-of get that. It reminds me of perhaps my favourite saying about enlightenment: "there's no difference between being enlightened & unenlightened, but you have to be enlightened to see that". Another variation on this is: "there's no such thing as enlightenment, but you have to be enlightened to see that".

Kind regards
Phil

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.

Just to say, right now, I don't have much time, so I'll get back in 3/4 days.

Best wishes,
john

alreadyfree

Postby alreadyfree » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks for your response.

Just to say, right now, I don't have much time, so I'll get back in 3/4 days.

Best wishes,
john
Hi John

Tanks for your message. Hope all is well in your life.

Kind regards
Phil

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Hi Phil,

Hope you're well. Very busy at the mo.

What's the most important question you need to ask yourself right now?

Best wishes,
John

alreadyfree

Postby alreadyfree » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 am

Hope you're well. Very busy at the mo.

What's the most important question you need to ask yourself right now?
Hi John

Good to her from you again. Hope you're well too.

To answer you question: the most important question I need to ask myself right now is: WHAT PERCEPTIONS (ESPECIALLY NEGATIVE ONES) AM I CURRENTLY HOLDING - WHICH MAY BE AFFECTING ME EMOTIONALLY?

This is something you raised in July, which was very helpful. I know it's a powerful question because, as you said, no perception is true or false.

This is useful as a way out of my frequent low moods.

Kind Regards
Phil

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi Phil,

To answer you question: the most important question I need to ask myself right now is: WHAT PERCEPTIONS (ESPECIALLY NEGATIVE ONES) AM I CURRENTLY HOLDING - WHICH MAY BE AFFECTING ME EMOTIONALLY?

This is something you raised in July, which was very helpful. I know it's a powerful question because, as you said, no perception is true or false.

Good question. So, let's place our focus on one perception in particular that has some negative value.
What the first one that comes to mind?

With best wishes,
John

alreadyfree

Postby alreadyfree » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 am

Good question. So, let's place our focus on one perception in particular that has some negative value.
What the first one that comes to mind?

With best wishes,
John
Hi John

Thanks for your email. Sorry for the delay in replying.

To answer you question, the first perception that comes to my mind is: I'M NOT AWAKE ENOUGH. That is, there's more spiritual "work" or practise I need to do to wake up more & more. On the other hand, I suppose things are unfolding for me as they should (& for everyone) since I'm not the doer. And it seems to me that waking up is a never-ending process. There's no end destination.

A possible better way to state this perception is that: I STILL FEEL BROKEN. Yes, I do feel I've improved a lot during my 45 years of spiritual seeking, & yet often feel incomplete.

There is a USA Nonduality teacher - GP Walsh - who often says "you are not broken". I get what he means (which is true for ALL of us), but certainly don't feel that way most of the time.

Best wishes & thank you for your ongoing support.
Phil

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi Phil,

A possible better way to state this perception is that: I STILL FEEL BROKEN. Yes, I do feel I've improved a lot during my 45 years of spiritual seeking, & yet often feel incomplete.

Ok, great work. It's kinda poetic.

I STILL FEEL BROKEN.
I STILL FEEL.
I STILL.
I.

Being broken is life's gift.
How else do we have compassion for others, and ourselves?

With much love,
John

alreadyfree

Postby alreadyfree » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Ok, great work. It's kinda poetic.

I STILL FEEL BROKEN.
I STILL FEEL.
I STILL.
I.

Being broken is life's gift.
How else do we have compassion for others, and ourselves?
Hi John

Sorry I haven't written for a few weeks. I seemed to have lost momentum & am back in confusion, doubt & uncertainty. I feel like I'm back at square one.

I still spend quite a lot of time reading (books, Facebook groups) about awakening, nonduality & watching Youtube videos about this -in the hope of boosting my interest & motivation. Maybe I should join the LU Facebook group too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Warm regards
Phil

Return to “THE GATE”