I need help

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Nessie

Re: I need help

Postby Nessie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi Michael,
This is intelectual.

In experience are there two things going on or one? So as you are reading this sentence is there anything other than a sentence being read. Can anyone or anything be found doing that or is it simply happening. The words are seen and recognition of meaning occurs......
If imagined things are not real things, then nothing is going on.
In direct experience what is body and brain?

Is there body?

Have you EVER experienced brain!!!!!?
In direct experience what is anything? Everything is nothing, until you start imagining it into being.
Agreed. Separation is imagined. But it is not the universe doing it is it? It is thoughts occurring that are believed?
Thoughts occurring and thought being believed. Who or what are doing these things but the universe itself?
When you look at a tree and see that it is not separate from its surroundings...... That it takes the entire universe to be exactly as it is for that tree to exist...... Can this be applied to Nessie?
By seeing the tree, I separate it. The only way not the separate the tree is to not see it.
Can the thought of separation be dropped?

Yes, it can.
Is it there or not?
If we’re not intellectualizing, there is no way to answer the question. First we have to imagine a boundary and then we have to compare it against a non boundary, which also needs to be imagined, and decide whether a boundary or a non boundary matches better. That is a lot of thinking.

Regards,
Nessie

MichaelD

Postby MichaelD » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi Nessie,

In experience are there two things going on or one? So as you are reading this sentence is there anything other than a sentence being read. Can anyone or anything be found doing that or is it simply happening. The words are seen and recognition of meaning occurs......

If imagined things are not real things, then nothing is going on.

Why do you answer in this way? There is not 'nothing going on' but rather there is what appears in experience - colour, sound, smell, taste, touch, and any thought in the moment.

The rest of your answers all seem intelectual and are not from direct experience.

Please repeat what was suggested for you to investigate but do so by exploring direct experience rather than just by thinking.

The inquiry works by the client exploring their experience diligently and honestly - not by thinking about the excercises.

You think / believe, for example, that things are separate, that there are boundaries, so I am asking you to evidence that. To actually find the boundary in direct experience. Eventually (or immediately) it is seen that no boundary is present, that it was illusory.

It is exactly the same with the 'self'.

Have a proper look with an absolute minimum of thought involved.....

Like right now!

There is reading, colour, perhaps sound in the background, perhaps thought - but where can a self be found? Really! Where is it!!?

LOOK don't think!

Thanks,

Michael.

Nessie

Postby Nessie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi Michael,
Why do you answer in this way? There is not 'nothing going on' but rather there is what appears in experience - colour, sound, smell, taste, touch, and any thought in the moment.
I cannot seem to find anything happening that is not imagined. Is it possible to experience pain, if the absence of pain is not possible? How can one know one from the other without digging into to past and imagining it?
You think / believe, for example, that things are separate, that there are boundaries, so I am asking you to evidence that. To actually find the boundary in direct experience. Eventually (or immediately) it is seen that no boundary is present, that it was illusory.
Not necessarily. Things are one, but that one creates many. I can see all as one without separation, but then what could possibly happen to one. One has nothing to interact with, nothing to see but oneself, nowhere to be but where one is.

E.g. riding a bicycle, requires a bicycle, a person, a a point of departure, a direction, and from moment to moment a new location at which one arrives at and then departs from. If the thing ridden, the one riding it, the starting position and the position arrived at, is all the same, what really happened? And when did it happen, as it is always only now.
Have a proper look with an absolute minimum of thought involved.....

Like right now!

There is reading, colour, perhaps sound in the background, perhaps thought - but where can a self be found? Really! Where is it!!?

LOOK don't think!
I seem unable to find the middle ground. Either I am or everything is, no in between. When I am this person, reading is possible. There is a book, with words, those words have meaning, there is a person, able to interpret the meaning of the word in the book. When everything is, there is no book, no words, no meaning, no person, no interpretation, and no ability to interpret.

So when LOOKING and not thinking, the universe, for a lack of a better word, simply is. There is no separation, but also no unity, for what is one without the other. I cannot see anything beyond this.

Regards,
Nessie

MichaelD

Postby MichaelD » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am

Hi Nessie,

Sorry for the delay but I have succumbed to problems with my eyes.

There is nothing I can respond to in what you have posted because you have not written from direct experience.

There has been little or no value in our communication since a post when you expressed fear (taking the form of doubt).

Can you please search back and find that exact point in our conversation because it was there that you were getting close to seeing. Since then your mind has just thrown up clouds of alienated thinking which is of no value for this inquiry.

When you have found it can you tell me what page it is on so I can re read it and we can both see exactly what you were investigating when something begun to happen....... that was the last point when your inquiry was being productive.

Many thanks,

Michael.

MichaelD

Postby MichaelD » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am

Hi Nessie,

What is happenning as it is unlike you to have such a long gap? I hope you are well and that nothing is wrong. Please let me know what you are doing in relation to your inquiry and then we consider the best way forward for you.

All best wishes,

Michael.

Return to “THE GATE”