Looking

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Openview

Re: Looking

Postby Openview » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Nothing you have written here is wrong but the question asks for examples from experience. So even though that is rather like asking to see the Emperors New Clothe, do you think you could find one or two real examples in which things happen or get done but not by a 'self'?
Absolutely, times when the I doesn't know what to do until the thoughts tell me...ie: is this good or bad? Do I like this? I don't know what it is until thought arises to tell me... Others, the timing was wrong... The action preceded the thought saying I'm going to do such and such... Or, things are done prior to someone selecting them ie in thought...i don't know what I will write until it happens...Times when decisions appear without any effort here... They just pop in!... Driving down the road when the arms on the wheel seem to belong to no one... Walking on treadmill same thing... Legs moving... Walking happening.

Samantha

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Samantha,

Thank you so.much for those examples. Great.

Its possible that your thread here, our conversation, will be moved from The Gate to the Archive section of LU.if that happens find the thread in Archive. We can still chat there.

Speak soon.

Jon

Openview

Postby Openview » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Jonathan,

You guided me a couple years ago through the gate. I’ve been doing fetter work post Gating. I’ve weakened 4/5 but they are not broken. Been working on 6.

I’m writing because I wonder if I left something undone in 1-3 as it’s taking a long time to see through the fetters. Is there any chance you can help me or direct me

Thank you,
Samantha

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi Samantha

Nice to hear from you.

Of course we can look at whatever needs looking at.

At LU we really guide to the seeing that there is no separate self.

As a guide here I experimented with fetters inquiry a couple of years ago. But around fetter 8 it ceased to make any sense at all, including what 4,5,6&7, had been about. So it was dropped. And I have no great problem or regret about that.

Could you say what, specifically, you'd like to look at? Where you feel theres a problem, exactly?

Love

Jon

Openview

Postby Openview » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for getting back with me. I have seen through the separate self ie the originator of thoughts and actions.

I was feeling like I must have missed something as it is taking a long time to see through fetter 6 though that seems to be loosening.

My fetters guide said I am looking at the right place...fetter 6...

So, I think I reached out to you in error. But, it’s fabulous to be in touch and i appreciate you!

Samantha

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:16 am

Ok Samantha,

That's ok. If you change your mind just get back in touch.

Love

Jon

Openview

Postby Openview » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Jon, can we reconnect here please. Thanks, Samantha

Openview

Postby Openview » Wed May 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi Jon!

Is this the right place?

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu May 21, 2020 11:36 pm

Ah. Great. Found it!

OK what shall we talk about Samantha?

Openview

Postby Openview » Thu May 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Today, while walking, it seemed more clear that there is nothing I can do as there is no one to do it. Thoughts arise seemingly meaning something. They just pop in...there is no figuring out or working it out. It's just a thought.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 am

Hi Samantha

OK. Good.

What makes things happen?

Do thoughts make things happen?

Jon

Openview

Postby Openview » Fri May 22, 2020 6:25 pm

What makes things happen?

Do thoughts make things happen? [/quote]

Everything happens automatically, spontaneously. Thoughts may suggest something but they can't actually do anything.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm

My apologies, Samantha,

I have been quite busy. But here now.

. Everything happens automatically, spontaneously. Thoughts may suggest something but they can't actually do anything.
Does it feel like this?

What about writing an essay? Does that just happen automatically?

All best

Jon

Openview

Postby Openview » Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Does it feel like this?

What about writing an essay? Does that just happen automatically?
Essay writing happens or not. A thought may say I'm going to write an essay but it may or may not happen.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Mon May 25, 2020 11:05 pm

Yes, but when you have to write a list or essay that involves thought, conceptualisation, so that it does end up being written, is that created without your input?

Does it seem as though someone intends to write a list./essay and then it gets written?

Jon

Return to “ARCHIVES”