End of Story

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Lankylisa

Re: End of Story

Postby Lankylisa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 am

Does your thoughts about "what is" change what is happening.
No
drop the thoughts that you are doing something..Does the movement stop ?
No!

What is "I" nothing but language ?
What is it more than a thought a feeling ?
There was never a self but being aware was always happening.

Notice how thoughts appear in awareness, and don’t pay so much attention to what they say. Just notice it as a baffling noise, as thoughts labelling whatever experience is noticed. Just never-ending labelling.

Notice that “I” is not anything else but just a passing thought. Just a word. See that presence/being is impersonal, but thoughts make it appear otherwise.

When looking presence is impersonal and the thoughts make it appear otherwise. How is it that others have different seeing happening? Difficult to see that "I" am my neighbor and vice versa -- as a thought it makes since but not when looking.

Now check if this is true:
Is there a “you” thinking or just thoughts flowing by themselves without a thinker?
So liberating! Thoughts flowing by themselves without a thinker
“I” is a thought. Thought cannot think. It’s just an expression of processes going on..
Notice NOW that there is no noticer, but noticing happening, that there is no focuser, but focusing happening. That there is no one to see, but seeing is happening all by itself, effortlessly.
"I" cannot die because their never was or is an "I." Noticing and focusing happens. Why thoughts keep happening followed by "I" thoughts. Thought about the need for thought to stop so looking and seeking can happen. There is no "i" but thinking makes it so. Presense/Now ....thought/I. Thought is distance from reality and that distance is "I." "I" is resistance to what is.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:26 pm

"I" cannot die because their never was or is an "I." Noticing and focusing happens. Why thoughts keep happening followed by "I" thoughts. Thought about the need for thought to stop so looking and seeking can happen. There is no "i" but thinking makes it so. Presense/Now ....thought/I. Thought is distance from reality and that distance is "I." "I" is resistance to what is.
Can you really ask "why" thoughts appear ?
IS really an "I" or a "self" responsible from the resistance ?
How do you know it ?

When looking presence is impersonal and the thoughts make it appear otherwise. How is it that others have different seeing happening? Difficult to see that "I" am my neighbor and vice versa -- as a thought it makes since but not when looking.
i am not sure i understand your question Lisa ?
:)
Can you please re-form and ask again ?
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 am

Can you really ask "why" thoughts appear ?
Yeah, it is non-sensical to ask why thoughts appear...thoughts just are
IS really an "I" or a "self" responsible from the resistance ?

Hmmm, this question is troubling. Obviously no "I" exists so it cannot be responsible for resistance. Resistance subsides when self dissolves because there is no attachment to an outcome.

"I" don't understand how the world and "I" are one...meaning I am the girl seen walking down the street...and yet she has different experiences than me. It seems that all being one would there couldn't be people having different experiences. Perhaps asking this question is thinking happening too much yet it is a nagging,, persistent thought.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Resistance subsides when self dissolves because there is no attachment to an outcome.
There is no self to "dissolve".
Resisting happens. Paying telephone bills happens. Dissapointment, frustration happens, joy happens..
All its own accord, no doer, no sensor, no center to experiences happen to.
It just is.

"I" don't understand how the world and "I" are one...meaning I am the girl seen walking down the street...and yet she has different experiences than me. It seems that all being one would there couldn't be people having different experiences. Perhaps asking this question is thinking happening too much yet it is a nagging,, persistent thought.
Oneness is not a special experience, it is a simple recognition of what experience is “between two thoughts”. An undivided experience before thought starts labeling everything.
The "content of thoughts" are basically words that comes out of memories and conditioning. YOU (self-aware experience) are trained from the childhood to separate yourself from the experience through language. So words like "I am....." "He/She is....." "That is...." "My....." etc. makes THE REAL YOU" to believe that there is a little entity called "RB” or “self” that resides inside the so called body (BODY is also a concept)

Makes sense ?
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Ok then lets look to this idea of sepeation,

Go out into nature and spend some time watching the movement of the whole. See how clouds move, trees swing, leaves wiggle, grass moves, insects, birds - all move all the time.

Then move focus to sensations and see how they too are in constant motion, thoughts come and go, sounds, colors, sensations come and go.

Notice that everything is part of one movement.

Then close your eyes and see if there s a line between you and out there, between you and life itself.

If yes, where is the boundary? What is that claims there is boundary ?
Is there an inside and an outside of Life?
Is there something which is not included in the movement of the whole?
Is there a witness that is watching life happening from a distance?
Is witnessing part of the one movement too? Is there anything which is not just happening?

Go out, come back and tell me what you found..
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 am

Lisa..
Is all ok ?
I would like to remind you everyday messaging is good for us to keep in track
;)
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:16 am

I went out into nature and watched movement. Then I focused on thought, sounds, colors, and sensations. Indeed everything is part of one movement.
Then close your eyes and see if there s a line between you and out there, between you and life itself.
There is no line between myself and life.
Thinking only claims that their is a boundary
I don't know. If there is an outside life not sure it can be experienced as life is awareness.
No
When the thought "I" happens it feels like there is a witness watching life instead of being life.
Is witnessing part of the one movement too? Is there anything which is not just happening?
Witnessing is part of one movement too. Thinking takes what is happening and tries to make it permenant to have someting to understand and thus control. Objects do not seem to be just happening, but they were made out of materials which can degrade (impermenant).

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm

I went out into nature and watched movement. Then I focused on thought, sounds, colors, and sensations. Indeed everything is part of one movement.
There is no line between myself and life.
Thinking only claims that their is a boundary
I don't know. If there is an outside life not sure it can be experienced as life is awareness.
No
When the thought "I" happens it feels like there is a witness watching life instead of being life.
Witnessing is part of one movement too. Thinking takes what is happening and tries to make it permenant to have someting to understand and thus control. Objects do not seem to be just happening, but they were made out of materials which can degrade (impermenant).

Brilliant looking Lisa.
Thank you
Inside outside are mental concepts.
There is only color+sound+sensation and thoughts about it.
There only "is"
:)

Thank you

Let's look more
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Now let's look to this concept of body,

Sit with eyes closed for about 15 minutes. Paying attention only to the pure sensations, without relying on thoughts or mental images:

Can it be known how tall the body is? Does the body have a weight or volume? In the actual experience does the body have a shape or a form?

Is there a boundary between the body and the clothing? Is there a boundary between the body and the chair?

Is there an inside or an outside? If there is an inside - the inside of what exactly? If there is an outside - the outside of what exactly?

What does the word/label ‘body’ ACTUALLY refer to? What is the ACTUAL experience of the body?

Look very carefully, especially with the last question. Take your time, don’t rush.
You can look several times during the day while doing other things (like washing hands, showering, having a short break from work, walking, etc) before replying.
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Can it be known how tall the body is? Does the body have a weight or volume? In the actual experience does the body have a shape or a form?
Without the label of body ...the actual experience of body is what senses and awareness experiences/interprets. With eyes closed the other senses cannot know how tall the "body" is. The experience of body does not have a weight but has sensation where skin comes in contact with an object (chair). The body does not have a shape or form in actual experience.
Is there a boundary between the body and the clothing? Is there a boundary between the body and the chair?
It seems that vision gives rise to shapes and form. When looking without vision, there is no boundary between the body and clothing or between the body and the chair.
Is there an inside or an outside? If there is an inside - the inside of what exactly? If there is an outside - the outside of what exactly?
There is no experience of an inside and outside only sensations happening. It seems that conditioning has programed us to ascribe experienced sensations to "me" and "not me."
What does the word/label ‘body’ ACTUALLY refer to? What is the ACTUAL experience of the body?
The label "body" refers to our senses interpretation of information gathered at the boundary of the sense organ and surrounding environment. The sense of body is experienced but unsure if that is result of conditioned thinking. It seems if sensations are happening the body exists.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks for the answers.
Brilliant looking.

Let's look more in detail,
It seems that vision gives rise to shapes and form.
We can say that thought labels the experience. Contitioned thought about that color / sensation creates the illusion of a body.
It seems if sensations are happening the body exists.
In AE we can only know that sensations happening. Body is only a mental concept.

The label ‘body’ is the Actual Experience of thought and not the AE of a body
The sensation labelled ‘body’ is the AE of sensation and not the AE of a body
The colours (image) labelled ‘body’ is the AE of colours and not the AE of a body
The smells labelled ‘body smells’ is the AE of smell and is not the AE of a body
The sounds labelled as ‘body sounds’ is the AE of sound and not the AE of a body

Is it clear ?
Can we actually find a body anywhere ?
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:47 pm

let's look more and examine the solidity of the head.

Press a finger down onto the top of the ‘head’. Notice what is actually present.

Is it really a head, or is it just a sensation labelled ‘pressure’ and a story ABOUT a head?

Do the same with a finger on each side of the head.

Is a head actually found, or are there just sensations again?
And is there anything between the pressure points, or is it just a thought that says there must be something between them?
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 am

The colours (image) labelled ‘body’ is the AE of colours and not the AE of a body
The smells labelled ‘body smells’ is the AE of smell and is not the AE of a body
The sounds labelled as ‘body sounds’ is the AE of sound and not the AE of a body

This was helpful. Unable to find a body anywhere.
Press a finger down onto the top of the ‘head’. Notice what is actually present.

Is it really a head, or is it just a sensation labelled ‘pressure’ and a story ABOUT a head?
There is only a sensation and story about a head!

Is a head actually found, or are there just sensations aga
in?
Just sensations
And is there anything between the pressure points, or is it just a thought that says there must be something between them?
Just a thought that says there is something between the pressure points.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 am

This was helpful. Unable to find a body anywhere.

There is only a sensation and story about a head!

Is a head actually found, or are there just sensations aga
in?
Just sensations
Just a thought that says there is something between the pressure points.

Brilliant looking Lisa.
Nothing to add or ask for this.

Let's go on..
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 am

So far we investigated, the doer does not exist, how thought labels the experience, automatic nature of thoughts and events, seperation and the body..

If you have questions or not clear fields until now please ask for us to look more..

Let's look now to the illusion of free will..
Buddha

Return to “THE GATE”