Pathless path

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
wangchuk

Re: Pathless path

Postby wangchuk » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 am

Hi Stacy,
What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?
I can’t exactly pinpoint it to one experience, it was all these moments of looking and seeing through that accumulated and intensified. And also letting that happen and making space for it in a sense by returning to direct experience again and again throughout the day. And when a shift occurred, just resting there or sinking into the presence that arises, or that is already there. And the last exercise of seeing through the idea of the body was really important and shifted something.

It’s not that I’m in this seeing all the time—often throughout the day I’m caught up in content of thought—, but I can always return to direct experience where there is no separate self.

Loving
P

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:08 am

Hi Pascal,
I can always return to direct experience where there is no separate self.
Yes, it goes that way. It is that way for me.even now. . Keep looking the way you've learned to SEE.

I've been giving you what we call, "Final Questions " but we aren't finished until you say we're finished. Is there anything left to seek?

Remembering that this SEEING may come & go for years.

Describe decision & give examples from experience.

Describe intention & give examples from experience.

Describe free will & give examples from experience.

Describe choice & give examples from experience.

Describe control & give examples from experience.

What makes things happen? How does it work?

What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

Loving,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi Pascal,

I know that's a longer and more nuanced set of questions. Looking forward to your replies.

In the meantime, I'm learning that even folks not in the US are very concerned about the outcome of the US elections. For you, as a client at LU, I want to point out that this is still a fear, still about this world.

I suggest the following exercise to keep you focused on AE and help you release anxiety:

The Anxiety Exercise

Name what you see for a minute.
Name what you hear.
Name what you feel (body sensations, like the chair under you).
Name what you smell.
Name what you taste.

Notice how this focuses you on AE/DE. There is no fear in that place of complete focus/awareness of what is, what is there without our thinking intervenign.

Practice and see what happens.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

wangchuk

Postby wangchuk » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:21 am

Hi Stacy,
Is there anything left to seek?
I don’t feel that there is anything left to seek. Who is there to do the seeking after all? And the seeking could only happen within the illusion of separation and fragmentation.
But it does feel like there is a lot more to uncover and see through. Some of these thoughts and assumptions and conclusions that make up the trance world of objects and people and time and space seem to be so fundamental and deeply ingrained and habituated that they’re not easy to uncover, no? Like a lot of deconditioning will have to happen in order to not contract or centralize onto oneself as a separate entity anymore and instead just remain as the expansive open no-thingness that we are.
So, nothing to seek, but further deepening and exploration.

I will reply to the other questions about decision and intention and so forth tomorrow.

And thanks for the anxiety exercise. That’s very sweet of you. It’s true that I am very concerned and attentively following the elections and that I have a strong preference. But I’m not afraid. Things will turn out the way they will, whether I worry about them or not, and right now is right now.

I’ve just had to think of the Three Terrible Oaths of Dorje Tröllö—a tibetan buddhist deity:

“Whatever happens; may it happen!

Whichever way it goes; may it go that way!

There is no purpose!”

Loving
P

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:36 am

Beautiful.

I'm tired, so this is short.

Be thorough & concise in your replies. I will be sharing with other guides for confirmation or further questions.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

wangchuk

Postby wangchuk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:15 am

Hi Stacy,

what a roller-coaster of an election, huh?

Ok, on to your questions:
Describe decision & give examples from experience.
Well, things happen, but in the trance world of things and people there appears to be a someone who makes a decision, where in reality there’s no one to make that decision, and therefor also no decision. The decision is an imagination, a story we tell ourselves. In my experience I still often feel like I’m deciding something, at least as long as I don’t investigate the content of thoughts that tell me so. If I do differentiate between thoughts arising and content of thought I see that there is no one there to decide and no decision being made. And sometimes it’s already clear when it’s happening. Then I can see the story that content of thoughts tells me and at the same time I’m aware of the reality of no self and no decision.
Describe intention & give examples from experience.
It’s basically the same as decision. If there’s no self, there’s no intention. At least not the intention of a separate self. Sometimes when I’m seeing, actions and movements start to arise effortlessly and there is a sense of natural flow and rightness to them. It feels very organic and uncontrived.
Describe free will & give examples from experience.
It’s basically the same again: if there is no self, who is there to have free will? It’s only in content of thought that there is an entity that has free will. In direct experience everything just happens by itself.
Describe choice & give examples from experience.
That’s the same again!
Describe control & give examples from experience.
And again!
What makes things happen? How does it work?
Everything happens by itself. There’s no thing or no one who makes anything happen. Experiences continously arise, while nothing is changing or happening. It’s a bit of a paradox to the mind. But in direct experience there’s no contradiction between that fact that, yes, there is experiencing, but at the same time there is no movement, nothing is changing, there is just unchanging open awareness.
What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
Ha, that’s a tricky one! But of course it’s also the same here: if there is no self, there is no one to be responsible for anything. The only thing where I do still feel like I do have a responsibility is in differentiating between thoughts arising and content of thoughts. But that might be an illusion too.

Loving,
P

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:34 am

Thank you. Pascal.

Yes the election is a trip.

The only thing where I do still feel like I do have a responsibility is in differentiating between thoughts arising and content of thoughts. But that might be an illusion too.
Well, is it or isn't it an illusion?

I may have to ask you to finish the definitions. And you may be asked for specific examples, but I'm going to submit this thread to other guides to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Do you have anything to add?

Loving
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

wangchuk

Postby wangchuk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:52 am

Hi Stacy,
Well, is it or isn't it an illusion?
It is. Nothing to hold on to, huh? 😂
I may have to ask you to finish the definitions. And you may be asked for specific examples
I can do that of course. As it’s pretty late here now, I would do that tomorrow, shall I?
Do you have anything to add?
I can’t think of anything…

But I’d like to express my gratitude. I feel richly endowed.
This seeing and being is so rewarding in itself, so rich and abundant while at the same time so simple and clear. And full of joy.

Loving,
P

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:57 am

Yes. It's everything.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

wangchuk

Postby wangchuk » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:22 am

Hi Stacy,

to be honest these definitions seem all the same to me. Intention, free will, choice and control are all made up, they only exist in content of thought, but not in direct experience. Does that mean they have completely disappeared? No, in daily life I still feel like I have intentions, free will, choice and sometimes a little control ;) But I now also see that these feelings and ideas are empty, they are an overlay over reality, an interpretation, a conclusion or assumption, but they don’t have anything to do with reality itself. The reality is that experiences just happen—I’m not in control, I don’t choose—there is no me to choose or have free will, it’s just life happening by itself. And at the same time there’s also nothing happening—there is stillness, content-less awareness. There’s nothing and there’s everything and they’re both inseparable.

So, there will still be things like waking up in the morning and thinking: today I will do such and such (intention). I will feel like I’ve decided to get out of bed (decision) and that I did that out of my own free will etc. But I now know that this is all just happening in or as content of thought, it’s not real, it’s a story that doesn’t have any meaning or reality. There’s also nothing wrong with it and it shouldn’t be any different. It’s just what it is—thoughts arising. And therefore these stories don't have the same solidity or weight anymore. There's a lightness and a flow to these events and happenings. And underneath the apparent movement and activity there is a stillness and presence that's unmoved.

Ok, let me know in case that’s not good enough and I should come up with better individual definitions of each term and give more examples 😂

Loving
P

P.S. this counting of the votes is really taking a lot of time, huh?!

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:40 am

Hi Pascal

Sounds good to me.

Watch your Private Messages, top right. as well as here. I'll get back with you as soon as I can.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 am

Hi Pascal

One senior guide whom I respect is still concerned that you are thinking answers & not SEEING them. I do see that as possible.

However, 3 others and myself, agree that you have seen. This is always a beginning & not an end. There is also a forum for "Further Guiding " should you find you need more after we are complete here, as well as an Aftercare group that you can communicate with.

Again, watch your inbox top right for further information & instructions.

I am Stacy Ann Clark on Facebook if you want to connect there.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Congratulations, Pascal, you have crossed the gateless gate. Sometimes we say "crashed." For you it was more like a gentle stroll, it seems. Yes, now you can begin from a clear place to question and release many untrue thoughts that have covered up - well, life, really. There is lots to question, lots to explore. Be gentle with yourself.

When you *think* you have "lost it," come back to the exercises and LOOK. LOOK at what is bothering you and you can SEE again.

It has been a pleasure. Thank you.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

wangchuk

Postby wangchuk » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi Stacy,

woohoo, thank you! The pleasure was all mine! Thank you so much for your guidance!

Did this senior guide have any suggestions for me? I’d be very open to investigate that further. In case I should be thinking answers and not seeing them, I’d really like to see that! It doesn’t feel like it, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not true, right?

And yes, it doesn’t feel like an end at all. It’s more like: now that I’ve seen that the separate self doesn’t exist, let’s find out more about that which really exists and let’s investigate all these other assumptions about reality!

I’ve just sent you a friend request on FB.

And what a relief and joy about the election outcome! :)

Loving,
P

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:22 am

Hi Pascal,

Watch for another PM.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris