Please guide me

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
adilerten

Re: Please guide me

Postby adilerten » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm

After you answer final questions your answers will show us if more investigation is needed or not
If all answers are ok we will be taking you to Facebook after care groups.
Thank you very much
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Here we go,

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience.
Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this?
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? Give an example from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.
b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.

6) Anything to add?
Buddha

mockroot

Postby mockroot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:25 pm

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?

No, and there never was one.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience.

What the illusion of separate self is

There is a feeling that I am an entity, sitting somewhere inside your head, seeing the sights, hearing the sounds - perceiving the "external world".

When it starts

I cannot state this for sure, because I don't remember, but I think that it starts when parents start talking to you, telling stories about you - and then the idea is born. Then you are immersed in society, protecting this idea.

How it works

Other people tell you things like: "You should do this", and then the thought comes up: "I should do this". You identify yourself with the content of that thought, which is an idea of "you". But that is nothing more than an idea, because there is no real entity inside your head labeled "me", which you can see, touch, hear.

What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

It feels liberating, like a great burden has beet lifted from my shoulders. Also, I've observed a lot of post-effects, which are becoming stronger every day, really deepening the consequences of this insight, some of which are:

• general well-being
  • being brought to the present moment - a lot
  • no uncaused depressing thoughts - I used to struggle with this a lot, because I'm bipolar on medication, and there used to be at least 10 of them most of the days
  • vastly reduced irritation towards other people in the subway, and in public places in general
  • feeling a lot more empathy towards other people
  • detachment from pleasure or pain - now I'm starting to get what Buddhism is really talking about
  • meditation is on steroids - 30 minutes pass by like 15, and it goes very deep
  • diminished sense of agency, seeing life as a flow

It was looking at an apple. Looking into whether it really exists, and then projecting this onto the self.

5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? Give an example from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.

Things just happen, life is a flow of change. I can experience intentions, thoughts about actions, actions, but all they happen automatically, there is no self controlling it.

For example, yesterday I read a book. There was a thought about reading it, intention of reading it, and the act of reading it - but they just happened.

b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.

This might be not very practical, but now I understand that I am responsible for NOTHING. There is literally nothing that can be controlled. Following the example with reading the book, I didn't control anything, because there is no "I" to control it.

6) Anything to add?

This has been the most important insight of my life. Though it has been immensely transforming already, I am looking forward to seeing the deeper consequences of it, going further with this. For some, this might be the end of seeking, but for me this is really a beginning of a new, exciting journey.

Thank you so much for guiding me, Adil!

Sending much love, Vlad

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Was there ever?

No, and there never was one.

What the illusion of separate self is

There is a feeling that I am an entity, sitting somewhere inside your head, seeing the sights, hearing the sounds - perceiving the "external world".

When it starts

I cannot state this for sure, because I don't remember, but I think that it starts when parents start talking to you, telling stories about you - and then the idea is born. Then you are immersed in society, protecting this idea.

How it works

Other people tell you things like: "You should do this", and then the thought comes up: "I should do this". You identify yourself with the content of that thought, which is an idea of "you". But that is nothing more than an idea, because there is no real entity inside your head labeled "me", which you can see, touch, hear.

It feels liberating, like a great burden has beet lifted from my shoulders. Also, I've observed a lot of post-effects, which are becoming stronger every day, really deepening the consequences of this insight, some of which are:

• general well-being
  • being brought to the present moment - a lot
  • no uncaused depressing thoughts - I used to struggle with this a lot, because I'm bipolar on medication, and there used to be at least 10 of them most of the days
  • vastly reduced irritation towards other people in the subway, and in public places in general
  • feeling a lot more empathy towards other people
  • detachment from pleasure or pain - now I'm starting to get what Buddhism is really talking about
  • meditation is on steroids - 30 minutes pass by like 15, and it goes very deep
  • diminished sense of agency, seeing life as a flow

It was looking at an apple. Looking into whether it really exists, and then projecting this onto the self.

Things just happen, life is a flow of change. I can experience intentions, thoughts about actions, actions, but all they happen automatically, there is no self controlling it.

For example, yesterday I read a book. There was a thought about reading it, intention of reading it, and the act of reading it - but they just happened.

This might be not very practical, but now I understand that I am responsible for NOTHING. There is literally nothing that can be controlled. Following the example with reading the book, I didn't control anything, because there is no "I" to control it.

6) Anything to add?

This has been the most important insight of my life. Though it has been immensely transforming already, I am looking forward to seeing the deeper consequences of it, going further with this. For some, this might be the end of seeking, but for me this is really a beginning of a new, exciting journey.

Thank you so much for guiding me, Adil!

Sending much love, Vlad
Thank you! So beautiful :)

It's such great pleasure for me to guide you also Vlad.

I have no more questions.. Some other guides will read over the thread if they have any questions.. This could last a little bit.

Much love and thank you for your trust to the process <3
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:39 am

Dear Vlad,
We have no more questions.
Thank you for the journey.
Thank you for your dedicated focused attention.
Keep an eye out for email notification of PM that will be inviting you to the LU aftercare groups.

See you on facebook groups.

Sending much love

Adil
Buddha

Return to “ARCHIVES”