Only see when seeing

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
kevnj240

Re: Only see when seeing

Postby kevnj240 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 am

Hi, Michael
. So yes there is a commentary of thought, the froth on top, or the waves on the ocean, but what is occurring underneath?
I feel like I’m being lived by the Absolute. There is no me, just thoughts. If there is no me living this life that only leaves the Absolute.
I was 18 and ready to be drafted for the war in Vietnam. I was working in construction and hated it. I was in supermarket one day and saw the butchers working through the glass. I thought I might like the work so I buzzed them for customer service. A fellow came out and I told him I wanted to become a butcher apprentice. He told that he was the manager and had just gotten permission the previous week to hire an apprentice. He asked me to start the next monday. Anyway, it turned out that as an apprentice, I would have a draft deferment. Pretty serendipitous.
. If we aren't the agencies of control (little man in head with levers) what is happening?
Then as I said above, it’s the absolute guiding this life. Is it really that “God has a plan” thing? I always thought that was just ignorance to say that but now I’m not so sure. I am not the one in charge. There is no me to be in charge of this whole thing. What’s the purpose though? If God is guiding everyone why do so many end so badly?
. You probably hate me by now but please give it a go!!

No, I don’t hate you. Really, this is what I hoped would happen. You have guided me to face a great block of ignorance. I'm sure there are more ahead. If this can be figured out it would be huge! If not, then please know that I am very grateful for the understanding of no self. That is a really big deal and is like growing centuries worth of wisdom. You brought me there. Thank you for that.

Kevan

kevnj240

Postby kevnj240 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Michael,

Something just occurred to me and I wanted to send it your way.
Everything I've seen presented by L.U. confirms the Buddha doctrine of dependent origination. I thought I understood that doctrine but I've been missing some key points. I understand there is no actual self that exists independent of all the causes and conditions that cause its appearence, and that is how we previously established that there is no such thing as free will.
So doesn't it follow that Since there is no free will and no one to have free will that there could not be a doer and doing is just a result of dependendent origination like everything else?

Kevan

MichaelD

Postby MichaelD » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi Kevan,

Thanks for your posts.
I feel like I’m being lived by the Absolute.
Yes. Though as I am sure you realise Absolute and God are just labels and dependant origination (and emptiness are really just pointers.

As you noticed we are just really left realising we don't understand.

I have no more questions so I will present our conversation again to see if senior guides do.

Check on all fronts, Gate forum and email, in case notifications become glitchy.

All best wishes,

Michael

kevnj240

Postby kevnj240 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:12 am

Michael,

Forgive me if this is out of order but will you please describe what your zazen is like?
I think it might be helpful but if you dusagree I understand and it's alright.
Thanks

Kevan

MichaelD

Postby MichaelD » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi Kevan,

Well done.

You have been confirmed!!

Senior guides are happy with out conversation and that you have Gated :)

Monitor all avenues as admins will be in touch and you should receive invitations to the forums Unleashed and Aftercare. They are valuable. There are many differrent forums for awakened folk on Fb. There are also further inquiry options within the LU orbit.

You have been an absolute delight to work with and I am very happy for you :)

Also you were fast and seem very clear (and you have human maturity on your side) so do consider guiding. I am sure you would be great at it.

I am happy for us to be in contact but this is no longer the place for that.

You are very welcome to reach me by email at:

kevinmichaeldonovan@gmail.com

Or send me a friend request on Fb where I am Kevin Michael Donovan.

with love,

Kevin

kevnj240

Postby kevnj240 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:00 am

Kevin,
Great name by the way.
Hey I searched for you on FB and didnt get a hit. Would love to be your FB friend. Please look for me kevan jackson.
Bye and thanks for everything.

Kevan

Return to “ARCHIVES”