Knowing what I see

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
vivslack

Re: Knowing what I see

Postby vivslack » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 am

Ah, some clarity today.

There's not a 'felt sense of self' that comes and goes, there's simply a 'felt sense' that comes and goes, or more accurately describing experience, a range of different sensations that sometimes come with words or images. The me/self but isn't there, that's just how I've described it in the past.

Thanks for the extra questions to help me clarify this.

Luisa

Postby Luisa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:23 am

Thank you Viv, I will come back to you soon.

Good job!

Love,
Luisa

Luisa

Postby Luisa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Viv,

I have one more and probably last question:

How would you describe this (the seeing through the separate self) to someone who has never heard of it?

vivslack

Postby vivslack » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Great question! Hmm, maybe something like this...

For most of my life, I've lived with the assumption/belief that there is a 'self' that's living my life, controlling things, experiencing things, affected by the world around me.

Stopping to look in a new way and ask what's in direct experience, there is simply seeing, hearing, sensations, thinking, all coming and going, without anyone in control. Life is a flow of experiences, and looking for this self there's nothing fixed or separate to be found, just experiences and thoughts about them.

Life is the same, yet at the same time different. Life is happening, thinking is happening, thoughts about 'me' are now noticed like other thoughts, without the belief that represent something real. Thinking can be creative, imaginative, interesting, but not to be taken too seriously as though it represents something real.

This gives a sense of freedom, an acceptance of life as it is, and seeing that others too are not controlled by a 'self', but a flow of experiences.

Life is a great mystery. Without an 'i' in the way there is wonder and appreciation. I'm very grateful.

Luisa

Postby Luisa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey Viv,

Very beautifully put. Your words are refreshing and clearly show that you are through the Gateless Gate.

In few days your name will be turn blue, and you will be invited to join our facebook groups, only if you wish.

I'm delight for our conversation and wish you the best.

With love,
Luisa

vivslack

Postby vivslack » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm so very grateful for your guidance and care in staying with me on the journey. Thank you x

Return to “ARCHIVES”