Cutting through the paradox

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
ossie123

Re: Cutting through the paradox

Postby ossie123 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:04 am

Hi Stacy and guides,
Reviewing your answers to number 5 and number 6 there are some places that are not clear. We run this by other guides to make sure that I'm not blindsided because I'm used to talking to you. So here are a couple more questions...

Please keep your answers simple and not too convoluted. That made them a little hard to read.

Without bringing the brain into the picture...describe decision and intention, ie how does decision and intention work? Now that you have realised that there is no separate self, how does decision and intention work?
Ummm, it doesn’t work. That’s as simple as I can make it. The whole brain thing was to explain the illusion of how it appears.

How does free will, choice and control work - now that you have seen there is no separate self?
Free will does not exist. There is no choice. There is no control.

What exactly is it that are "machines acting on programming"?
The body/mind mechanism.

What is it exactly that is "giving up responsibility"?
OK. Bad choice of words there, sorry. To give up something you had to have it in the first place then choose to give it up. That’s not the case. There was never any responsibility in the first place, only the illusion of it. A better way of phrasing it might have been “once the illusion of responsibility is seen through...”.

Can you provide further examples from your own day to day life on how there is no "I" who is deciding, intending, controlling.

This is a hard one to answer. How do you give an example of life - all life?
Sitting right now on a bed with a laptop and typing a response to some questions is an example of no “I” deciding, intending or controlling. It is simply happening. I wish I could give you a dramatic example that is all “zen like” but life just happens at its own pace. Even reading that back it is just an expression of life happening - “I wish I” just happened as a natural part of language not because there is an “I” that is able to wish “I” was different.

Take some time and make them very clear to understand, please. Remember, it is not about how short or how long. It is about how clearly understanding is expressed.
OK. I wrote this down straight away without reviewing my previous answers. Then I sat on it. My habit is to over think then re-write a dozen times, so I’ve tried to avoid that while also taking time.

Next day – just some minor tweaks to take away some unnecessary stuff and clarify; which was all in the every day examples. That is where the ordinariness of it is really unexpected and hard to explain.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi Ossie,

Great! Seeing is happening.

There will be unfolding yet to come. There always is. One of the admins will change your icon & color of your name to blue, indicating you' have seen. This thread will be Archived. They will invite you to the various Facebook groups.

Feel free to stay in touch or not. You have a lot going on there. I'll be around if you want to be in touch, either here or on Facebook.

Thank you so much!

Much love to you!
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:33 pm

I am Stacy Ann Clark in the Facebook groups.

Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:30 am

Hi Ossie.

If you are interested in other groups, for post gate discussions look at the top right corner of your screen and you'll find an invitation in your private messages.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “ARCHIVES”