End of the stories

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Sinnu

End of the stories

Postby Sinnu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:12 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there is only direct experience and feeling of the things and happenings. Then ”we” add stories, interpretations and explanations to it and that’s our experience of the world, not the original one.

What are you looking for at LU?
To see this really being this way, to really feel it and experience it. I feel inside that at the bottom of all life is simple but I don’t really experience it that way. I overanalyze, always try to understand but maybe it’s not about understanding. Also my past affects me a lot and other people. I want to be free.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Guidance. 😊 To point me, where to look. To give me questions that really make me see behind the ego. I don’t want to analyze my life and my past anymore because it doesn’t take me anywhere. To help me see the simple truth.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I’ve read a lot of different books (Anthony de Mello, Eckhart Tolle, the Secret - books, Anita Moorjani, Jed mcKenna ...) and I’ve usea Tarot cards, astrology etc. earlier in my life. I tried Meditation and yoga. Diffrent therapies (psychotherapy, rosentherapy, acupuncture, meridian therapy...) and courses (about feelings, better selfimage, women groups ...).

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: End of the stories

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:00 am

Hi Sinnu,

My name is Stacy and I can be your guide, if you would like.
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi Anastacia,

I’m so glad you answered me and want to guide me - so let’s start the work! ;) I hope my English is good enough for this, I’ll do my best.

- Sinnu-

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi Sinnu,

What would you like me to call you? Sinnu?

What is your native language? We have guides in some languages other than English.

If you prefer English or if we do not have a guide who writes your native language, we can get started after the next reply.

Thank you!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 am

I reread your reply and it sounds so eager that I decided to go ahead and post as if we're going to go forward in English. You can still let me know what your native language is and we can see if we have anyone who speaks that.

First, a few requests and guidelines. Hopefully, you have read the disclaimer and the page about what LU is not. If not, let me know and I'll send links.

Please post every day or maybe every other day. Let me know if you're going to be away for awhile. I will do the same.

Answer questions from your direct experience in the moment with complete honesty, not from something you've read or from something somebody told you or taught you.

How do you think that seeing no self will change you or your life? What expectations do you have? What do you think that will be like?

Sending love,
Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi,

My language is Finnish and I’ve been reading some posts on Finnish sites, but It’s so quiet there at the moment that I decided to write here.
How do you think that seeing no self will change you or your life? What expectations do you have? What do you think that will be like?
I think that seeing no self would moustly be a releaf for me. I’m so tired of listening my own stories in my head and believing in my thoughts, I want to find peace inside me. I often feel that I don’t belong in this world, feel so lonely and separate (even if I have family and some friends around me.) Otherwise I believe my life will be quite the same as for now (or maybe not, have to find out). ;)

- Sinnu-

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Good morning! (in US Mountain time)

I asked about Finnish guides. It does sound like most of them have been inactive for a while. Your English seems good to me. Let me know if you're having trouble that you think is related to language and translation.

Let's keep going.

What comes up when I say that there is no separate self at all and there never has been?

Much love,
Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello again,

I know (I mean I understand it intellectually but don’t always feel that way) there’s no separate self or has never been. ”Myself” only exists in my thoughts when I think about myself (if I don’t think about myself then ”I” can’t be found anywhere, not even in my thoughts). I have this body that is acting in this world by itself/by thoughts. As A baby we just live here without any thoughts about self, and experience our being by other people (mirror effect) and we are one with everything we see, hear, feel etc.

But I don’t normally feel that there’s only one life that expresses itself by us and nature. I may feel it sometimes behind thoughts but this sensation is very week and goes by quickly. As A child (I was 5 years old) I had one short moment when I deeply looked at myself in a mirror and had instant feeling/knowing/don’t know what that was, that this thing I see, is not really me. I’m something so much more, something very old/timeless, not that little girl who’s watching herself. I always remember that happening, it was so clear for me for one short moment...

- Sinnu-

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes, that's right. An intellectual understanding isn't what we're about here. You will know clearly when you SEE. It is possible that it is like what you experienced as a child, but we can only SEE now.

Do you notice any fears? Things you'll lose or not be able to deal with?

Much love,
Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Maybe it’s not fear but I get easily depressed and feelings of emptiness and meaningless in life. I wonder if seeing has some impact on these feelings?

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:01 pm

An accurate answer is both yes and no.

Let's use this
depressed and feelings of emptiness and meaningless in life
to look & see what is there.

If you are feeling that now, look behind that feeling. What is behind it?

If you're not feeling it right now remember a time when you did - get the sense of it, and look behind that feeling. What is actually there? What do you find?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:34 am

I find thoughts: me compared to others, life happenings that seem unfair to me, self-estimation (what is my value in this life, what’s my importance) and then I feel depression, because all this thoughts don’t take me anywhere, I don’t have answers, only subjectif thoughts that change all the time and confuses me.

Behind thoughts I find emptiness - I can see, hear, feel etc. but I don’t understand what I see, hear etc. or think - like babies, I lose my understanding and intellectuality for a while, it’s only being. I can stay on that state for a while before I get thoughts again. And when I start to think about it, I get even more depressed - there’s nothing in this life, everything is empty, things just happen, we all live here for nothing and then die and we don’t really have controll of our lifes. What’s the meaning of even being here, I find no meaning and that makes me sad. Before I believed in intuition, karma, that we will meet our loved ones again after death but now I see, these are only thoughts, illusion that I used to reduce my personal suffering - and life’s not personal, it just is and happens.

- Sinnu-

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi Sinnu,

First I want to be sure you read the Disclaimers. I don't think I saw an answer to that before. Here is the link if you need it:

http://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/disclaimer/

Next, if you are wanting to continue, notice that as you saw,
when I start to think about it, I get even more depressed
This sadness & depression IS from thinking, not from LOOKING. Some thought that meaning is needed for happiness, but is it needed? Let's do another exercise and look.

The words "direct experience" are pointers, pointing you to THIS experiene right now, whatever that experience is, INCLUDING any commentary that might be going on about it.

INCLUDING EVERYTHING.

Direct seeing is beyond words and ideas.

Try not to Think this all through so much. It only makes thought tangles that prevent you from experiencing directly the fact of the matter:

Look with fresh eyes at the truth of common everyday experience.

Just listen very closely to the answers that arise in you, and answer to the very best of your ability at that time.

Let's try an exercise with fruit. Any fruit you like.

Have it in front of you. Close your eyes and *imagine* that you take the fruit in your hands, feel it. Texture, weight, shape, colour. Imagine that you are smelling it.

Take a bite. Feel the sensation of taste.

Open your eyes and take a look, did anything happen to the fruit in front of you? Is there a sign of bite on it?

Do you need to look in order to know that the bite is not there?

Now take that fruit in the hands and experience the shape, colour, texture, notice details. smell it and bite it. Feel the taste, texture.

What is the difference between the same fruit imagined and experienced?

How does imaginary fruit taste?

Sending love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Sinnu

Postby Sinnu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:00 am

Hi Stacy,

Yes I read the Disclaimers and understand it.

About thoughts and feelings - Yes I get depressed and get other ’not so nice’ feelings because of my thoughts about life, meaningless etc. When I don’t think these thoughts, I can just experience life as it is, without analyzing, trying to find out, how this world works... Maybe it’s a good idea that I shouldn’t follow these thoughts so much, just notice them and let them be.

About this fruit exercise, it was interesting.

I chose an apple. When I closed my eyes, I could imagine this apple and how it looks (form and colour) and I also had some sensations in my hands (tingling/pressure?) when I imagined holding this apple. I could remember a light scent of a fresh apple and started mouth-watering when I thought about biting this juicy, tart apple.

But of course, nothing happened to the apple and no need to check it to be sure. Imagined fruit is not real and tasted nothing, it’s only thoughts and memories, and the only real apple is the experienced one.

So thoughts and words can only describe the reality and can make the body react but can never give the real experience that happens without words with all our senses.

- Sinnu-

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes, exactly. Now let's apply that to seeing no self.

You're probably sitting down somewhere.

The invitation here is to look for yourself. Really look. One way to do that is to try to find the space, the exact place where your butt touches the chair. As an internal experience, can you really find it?

Is looking for you in the contact with the chair more like eating an apple or more like imagining an apple?

Take your time. Really sink into feeling it. Really look. Explore it. Report what is found.

Much love!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “ARCHIVES”