Mistaken Identity

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Anastacia42

Re: Mistaken Identity

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Sensation wise, it seems to bring up a tightness in the heart or chest area. Nothing extreme. Very subtle. But it's a momentary contraction and then it leaves, it dissipates.

You nailed it. That sensation is sometimes called fear and other times called a lie and it makes no difference.

It does exactly as described: dissipates if observed. Something like Schrodinger's box. Or Santa Claus.

This tool can be used at anytime when fear comes up.

How about another exercise?

Like cookies? If not, any food will do.

I can give you an imaginary cookie- here you go. {cookie}

Imagine that you take a cookie and eat it. Feel it happening, sensations, texture, taste.

If you have some cookies, eat one, if not, eat something else for the exercise, a fruit, and compare, what is the difference between an imagined cookie and the real one, that is experienced? See if you can dive in the sensations of taste, smell.

Take your time to investigate, how actual cookie smells and tastes, feels in the fingers. Focus on sensations and perceiving, without naming it.

Then for a couple of minutes describe the taste and smell.

What does description have to do with actual experience?

Is sense of self referring to imaginary self or something that is experienced?

Is there a self / I in the experience?

What is found?

:)

Hugs!

Stacy
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Xander

Postby Xander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:59 am

HellooooO Stacy!

I adore you. I adore this. I adore everything. It truly is wonderful to be clearing up these things. With the guidance, the help, the perspective of someone else. It's wonderful. I'm so grateful for it you can't even imagine. I can't ever express my sense of gratitude for this. And thank you for the past exercise, and this one as well. Plus, who wouldn't want to do an exercise involving cookies? Okay, couldn't find any, A banana will do. I've actually kind of done this kind of thing with other things. Like water and stuff like that. Trying to think and imagine and feel out the experience in the mind, even fill in as many details as possible from past experience. And it never even comes close to the real thing, to the actual experience. But oh well. let's do it with this banana. And I can definitely see why you would suggest this exercise. The difference between the imagined and the actual. And by the way, have no sense of smell so, well, I'll be neglecting that sense. So, in mind, the banana is being picked up, and I can imagine the texture in my hand, or the texture, that's remembered from past experiences, the colors, the peeling, the idea of what the sweetness is depending on the maturity of it, from the freckles on the skin, the one being imagined has lots of freckles, and I can imagine a distint sweetness, a slight creaminess to it, no bitterness at all. Not like when they're a bit too unripe, and they have that hard slippery bitterness to it. etc. But none of that matters. But nothing like the real thing. I just grabbed the banana in my hand, and it's this whole other experience, this aliveness to it. This vividness. this fuller sense of sensation. This richness. Grabbing the banana feeling the warmth of my palm of my hand against the cool skin. Opening it up. The sound that it makes while peeling it. The colors and shadows. The sensation of the lips pressed against it after I feel the teeth sink into it. The soft sweetness. etc.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. The experience has nothing to do with the experience.

There is no sense of self in the experience, theirs just the experience itself, happening,

I'm so grateful for this.

Much love,

big hugs,

Alex

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 am

Beautiful, Xander!

Yes. The gratitude is mutual. It is a privilege to serve. Someone else did this for me. Just as rewarding from "this side!"

You have answered many times that you find no separate self. Is there any lingering doubt or fear? Other than the momentary ones you have mentioned, which slip away quickly?

Are you ready for the final questions?

Much love,
Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Xander

Postby Xander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 am

Hey Stacy.

Help someone see the truth, not force a belief, or a new ideology, philosophy, or even a new perspective upon someone. But helping see, someone, to focus, to look, to simply look, just that, not to teach, not to impose, not to convince, but just to, help them look, see, guide, let them see for themselves, what's true, what could be more beautiful and rewarding than that. Theirs no words for the gratitude felt. I've actually been going over this stuff for quite a bit of years. it's so funny now when I think about it. Something so obvious and beautiful and simple. Exquisite. And it's strange to admit, but until recently. I never really looked. Look. Such a simple word, such a simple label. But yet the act of it, itself. Wow! To really look. I never really looked. Until recently. it was always about learning more, acquiring more knowledge, understanding more, this book, that practice, this technique, etc etc. And at the end, all distractions, not to look.
You have answered many times that you find no separate self. Is there any lingering doubt or fear? Other than the momentary ones you have mentioned, which slip away quickly?
Short answer No. Even Witnessing and Witness, are the same, their no separate one from the other. And Looking at fear. instead of avoiding it. distracting from it. Reason with it. The key was directly looking at it.It's funny now. All i had to ever do was just look. So simple. So beautiful. I don't even see it as having been a waste of time. More just like a joke. Like that whole thing of a fish looking for water, while swimming in water, as they say. Things are so much clearer to say the least. Theirs no words for it. Once you look, and you really look, and you actually see. How could you have any doubts anymore. Of course, it does help tremendously, in a way I can't even begin to explain or comprehend, to help one, in this process.
Are you ready for the final questions?
I already know I am. Once you've seen, you can't unseen, and I finally understand that. I'm ready to answer the final questions.

Big hugs,

sXander

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 am

Yes, all beautifully said. Thank you.

Here they are:

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

jaja

Much love,
Stacy
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Xander

Postby Xander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

I read that question. And I just stare at the computer screen, waiting for words to come up. And I chuckle while doing that head nodding thing, no, no. Of course there's not an “I”. And there never was an “I”. Thoughts of the idea of past come up, thoughts of Destroy The Ego, Finding True Self, etc etc. And it’s so funny. Because there never as an “I”. The phrase dog chasing his tail comes to mind. There never was an “I”. And finally looking, seeing that, as simply what is, not as some other concept or soemthing else that was learned. There is no “I’.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

Might as well start from the beginning. I would imagine this to start at the early stages, right when the baby is learning language, a sense of ownership such {my parents, my toys, my blah blah}, that starts seeing a difference between his things and other things, separateness begins, Everything starts having a name. These two people that the baby feels a deep connection with, have their label, name, and they even gave him one. And then time moves on. And everything is taken in that sense of separateness, with that sense of ownership. Yes, of course it feels good to have ownership about the nice things, but horrible to have ownership of the bad ones. Society, norms, government, education systems, religion, all enforce this sense of separateness. The individual. All these different sources, telling the individual, what to do, how to be, how to act. This sense of always needing to improve. Not meeting standards and expectations. Etc etc. A truly miserable existence. All based on a false idea that was perhaps somewhat useful for communication and reference purposes but nothing more than that. “I” is just a thought, an illusion, a thought that was never looked at, never questioned. It started of simple and innocent enough. But then their was all these other thoughts about the thought. And well. The thought “I” claimed ownership. For everything. The thought “I” said that it moves and thinks, and eats, and dances, and makes love, and smells, and climbs a mountain, etc. It’s so silly now. It’s so absurd.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

Weird, funny, silly, lighter, not seriou. By the simplest of words and the most basic of measures. The difference now is, that I don’t have to look anymore. Crazy to be surprised. Don’t know what’s going to be written next even. It’s wonderful. I do see why Liberation Unleashed calls it a guide, not a teacher. The difference was that, I was circling the block, but never going into the bar. I had read about the bar. I even took a few glimpses into the bar from the window, or the front door. But I just kept circling around and around. But didn’t go in. Got distracted with other things. Even got distracted with reading books about famous people who had been to the bar, etc etc. The difference now. Is that I went in. that I looked. So the best way I can say it, is that, the difference now is that I have clarity.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

Your questions in general. That nudging in thee direction where I’m supposed to look. If I had to pick something specific it would be from the quote below. Looking at fears. It’s not dramatic in any sense, it’s a very subtle thing. You made me look at something that I needed to look at, but for whatever reason I wasn’t doing. That’s probably what pushed me over. And when I looked at some of those fears, and I looked, I payed attention, I focused, it went away. Funny, weird, wonderful.
When fear is noticed, stay with it. Find where in the body it is felt. There is no reason to fear the fear. Respect it. Once this is done, look at what is behind the fear. Do with with whatever fear is coming up - one from the list you gave (nice list, by the way!) or another that is present in the moment.
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

Oh come on. Decision? That was such a serious word. “What am I going to decide to eat for lunch? What movie am I going to watch? Should I workout in the morning or the afternoon? What can I do to balance things in my life?” etc. Decisiones. Big ones, little ones, of all sorts. And “I” of course as the main character, doing them, in charge of life. In control of the situation. Things just happening, stuff just happening, moment to moment. Sure, thoughts can come up after something happened, make commentary about it. And say that it was this all powerful all knowing “I” that made the decision. But that’s just like a sports commentary taking credit for the basketball shot that one of the players made. It’s ridiculous. It’s cute. It’s not even upsetting. You would think that somehow after seeing theirs no “I”. that then you’d have all this resentment for not having seen it earlier. And no. It’s just funny. Free will choice and control? To do what? To follow pre conditioned responses of the body? To gravitate naturaly to what feels natural and normal, based on instinct, and nature, nurture, etc? Free will to what? To not be human? Could a dog somehow not be a dog? Theirs an idea of free will, of control of decision, etc. And I’m sure we can dig ourselves deep into any of them. But it doesn’t matter. Because they’re beliefs, that are based upon something that doesn’t even exist. “I”.There's nothing there to exert free will, control, decision. There is no “I” responsible for anything. I love how wonderfully irresponsible that sounds. Things just happening. Life happening. Livingness. In all the myriad of ways.

6) Anything to add?

Thank you for being here. And standing by my side. Thank you for nudging me in the right direction and making me look, at what I was missing. Thank you for your time and your questions. Thank you for helping me. Thank you Stacy.

Tell me whatever needs to be clarified and I’ll get right on it.

Much love,

Big hugs,

Xander

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 am

Hi Xander!

You have clearly seen no-self. Beautiful work. So open & available to see.

Love your analogies in this, especially the bar!

One of our admins will be changing the color of the name here and sending information on the Facebook group and other support for you at this point. I am in those groups, as well, and you're welcome to be in touch.

It feels like you know this, but this is a beginning, not an end. Things may come up. There are many people here to help you.

You may someday choose to guide. I would support that, if you're interested.

It has been a complete pleasure to guide.

Welcome to Clarity!

Much love!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Xander

Postby Xander » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Good morning Stacy.

It was a pleasure working with you. And having this opportunity. For this, for this place, for you, for the whole thing.

Theirs nothing there to protect. How could that not swell my heart with love and gratitude.

And you are right, this is not the end, it's the beginning. To really seeing things as they are. And like you said, if I need help, theirs plenty of people here to help me. This wonderful community of Life Lovers and Truth Seekers. And i'll be here for whoever needs my help and assistance in any way.

Much love and gratitude,

Xander.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:59 pm

<3

Is all I can find to say.
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi Xander!

It appears I neglected to tell you where to look for invitations to the groups, if you are interested. There is a private message feature. On the top right you'll see that you have a private message that gives you those instructions.

Totally optional. I hope you're having fun.

Love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Xander

Postby Xander » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Hey beautiful. How's it going Stacy?

Thank you for telling me about it. Hadn't noticed. Then again, I am legally blind, jaja. I'll definitely check that out.

Funny that you messaged me, I had just been thinking about you a couple of days back and how you helped me and all that.

Hope everything is going well. Big hugs.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi!

Going great!

Good to hear from you. I had forgotten about the blindness.

Sounds like you're doing well, also.

I am Stacy Ann Clark on Facebook. So feel free to say hi there.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “ARCHIVES”