Looking

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Openview

Re: thinking

Postby Openview » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Thank you for noticing all the thinking...i will focus on direct looking

Samantha

Openview

where does sound happen

Postby Openview » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Where does sound happen?

Now...here

Maluhia

Re: Looking

Postby Maluhia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Where is your body?

Openview

Postby Openview » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 am

Where is your body?

The body is here.

Initially, when looking, it appeared as if it is located in thought/words and sensation.... Thought and sensation refers to but the body does not reside in thought/sensation.

There are times when the body seems to be in the forefront and other times in the background...Hardly noticed.

Whether its my body? Its proximity to this what is known in the moment makes it seem like my body.... Sensations are known but can I say they are my sensations?

I hope I'm not over thinking... I'm really trying to look and see... I found this challenging and fearful.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Good morning Samantha,

When I asked you the question, Where does sound happen, you replied
Now...here

What was your direct experience of this? Take me through the steps.
The body is here.

Initially, when looking, it appeared as if it is located in thought/words and sensation.... Thought and sensation refers to but the body does not reside in thought/sensation.
How do you now this?

Blessings,

Siobhán

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm

What I meant to say was 'How do you KNOW this :) .

Openview

Postby Openview » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 am

How do you know this?
Where does sound happen?

sound is known in the immediacy...it seems to be directional...ie the sound is coming from there...it is known now as there is hearing now...hearing is not found outside the immediacy....sound is a part of the tapestry of everything that is here...sound such as the heater or the wind or birds chirping and seeing like seeing trees, legs, grass, fireplace and bodily sensations like contraction/expansion...all part of what is here now.

How do I know this? Looking at what is in the moment...whats here? what can I know is true about this? what is true here is what is presently here...the view sorta speak which includes sound, sensation, the body, material things.

Where is my body?
the body appears as images (eyes open) legs, arms...eyes closed the body is experienced as sensations, movement thru space and images...yes images appear when looking with eyes closed...the images are not exact but only ghostlike of the body parts that are seen moving thru space i.e.: on the treadmill with my eyes closed there is sensations thru out the body and images of legs moving, arms moving or hand holding on to machine...movement happens/changes without anyone directing it...slows down speeds up without direction from "me".

At times the body seems very real and solid and important (sorta speak)...other times, the body significance disappears and the experience is of open space with a faint recognition that the body seems to be way in the background.

Where is your body?

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Good morning Samantha,

What is your current understanding of what 'you' are. please tell me this from your direct experience.

Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Postby Openview » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:46 pm

What is your current understanding of what 'you' are. please tell me this from your direct experience.
Initially after reading your question, I pointed to the body... That's me... At times there is a strong identity with the body and other times the body takes the back seat to open-space... In open-space the body is known but is not really attended to or not given much importance... Space feels different.. Almost like a head/view without a body... Spontaneity and more free flowing. The body moves on its own volition...i can't make it do something. I don't choose if the head turns or I stand up... Either it does or it doesn't...(there is an ownership at times and other times not)

Thoughts are not my creation...Thoughts are known but they don't originate from me... There is not a me selecting thoughts or creating thoughts... They arise... There is ownership at times but often they are seen as words/images that arise without my say so.

As I sit here writing this I notice my fingers on the phone typing this message... What am I really? It seems I'm the witness of what is here with the movement of ownership at times and non ownership at times... It feels like pretending to be a person but recognizing it's all out of my control... All of it.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Good morning Samantha,

If what you have described is truly from your direct experience, then you are already 'seeing.' I am going to ask another guide to read through our interaction and give me his comments before I respond further. I do actually have one question for you. If you already 'see,' I'm curious as to why you are here asking to be guided. Do you have an expectation of having an experience of some kind?

Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Postby Openview » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 am

If you already 'see,' I'm curious as to why you are here asking to be guided. Do you have an expectation of having an experience of some kind?
The expectation is that the experience of open spaciousness at the forefront would be more prevalent in my everyday experience... How do I know this... It feels different/less of a personhood... Even when that experience is not here, there is an awareness of everything happens on its own.

The last couple months propelled me here, intense looking, quite by surprise.

Any other expectation?' A quieter mind...i didn't really know what to expect... Wasn't looking for bells and whistles.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Good morning Samantha,
The expectation is that the experience of open spaciousness at the forefront would be more prevalent in my everyday experience.
Well, in my experience, this happens gradually over time for most. At the beginning of our dialogue I said that we do not teach here at LU. What we do here is to assist 'people' to 'see.' It sounds to me like you already 'see' , so perhaps what you might be wanting at this point, from what you say, is perhaps a teacher that might be able to direct you further with your investigation.

Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Postby Openview » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I didn't realize this was it!

I don't think I'm looking for a teacher...i really don't want a teacher.

I was hoping to be pointed to something I was overlooking, etc.
I am happy to look independently.

Thank you for your time.

Samantha

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Good morning Samantha,

I have asked my former guide to have a look at our conversations to see if there is something he will be able to assist you with that I have been unable to do. He has agreed. He is wonderful! Would you like to give it a go with Jon? If so, just let me know and he will respond to you.

I wish you Love and Blessings always,

Siobhán

Openview

Postby Openview » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes, thank you!

Return to “ARCHIVES”