Looking

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Openview

Looking

Postby Openview » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That the I is an illusion even though there is a thought of I. I have started looking in a new way prompted by Jed Mckenna spiritual autolysis...looking for what is true...what can I know for sure...what is true for me now, life is ever present without boundaries...identification still happens...question the thought...does a thought have power.

What are you looking for at LU?
Help looking through this identification...questions and guidance in looking...help to see through beliefs...i have had experiences of the self falling away and a knowing, of which I cannot recall that knowing, followed by identification with the self.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Questions poised...looking to find what is true in the looking...i expect questions will be asked to guide the looking and question beliefs...i expect the guide will ask questions and I will look for what is true and to uncover erroneous beliefs.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Years of spiritual practice...on and off...mostly on.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 10

Maluhia

Re: Looking

Postby Maluhia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Good morning Openview,
How wonderful to see you here. I would be happy to be your guide through this process.......please let me know.
Blessings,
Maluhia

Openview

Postby Openview » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Wonderful! Thank you! Please let me know your availability? Do we meet on Skype or?

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am

Good evening Openview,

Do you prefer that I call you this? My given name is Siobhán. We will communicate via this venue. There are a couple of ground rules to go over before we begin. First, please familiarize yourself with the 'quote' function as well as the information on how the Forum works. Also, I will ask that you post every day, with some exceptions, of course, and that you do your best to express only your direct experience. Please refrain from philosophizing, from quoting things you may have read or heard and even from talking about memories or any other thoughts. If you do, don't worry, I will pull you back on track. Also, during this process it is very helpful to stop reading or listening to anything spiritual. It will just cause confusion and will keep you from referring to your direct experience.

If you agree to all of this please let me know and we can begin. I am very much looking forward to taking this journey with you.

Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Postby Openview » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 am

My name is Samantha...i have reviewed the quote section and the disclaimer...i have been writing/looking/questioning...i will stop watching spiritual videos and books for now.

I am ready.

Thank you,
Samantha

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Dear Samantha,

Good morning! Please let me know if you ever have questions or if anything I express is not clear. It is important for you to know that the guides here do not teach, we simply do our best to show you how to 'see' for yourself.

What is looking out through your eyes?

Blessings,
Siobhán

Openview

Re: What is looking out through your eyes?

Postby Openview » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:59 pm

What is looking out through your eyes?

There is wide open space without boundaries...whatever is seen, even if the view changes, is always without boundary or interrupted in anyway...when the eyes are closed there is a visual and felt sense of infinite space...no boundaries...with eyes closed there is a blackness and a purple pinkish, this particular looking, undefined image in part of the view...the spaciousness or lack of boundaries is evident when eyes are open or closed....who experiences this?

What is looking...i don't know...i can't define it apart from openness...am I looking? When looking and questioning does the I thought have power that im doing anything...does an I decide? Decisions are made, yes but I can't find the decision maker.

The I thoughts come in and go...the "I" thought as in it is me is being looked at/questioned...as I write this there is a constriction felt in my left arm and my lower lip...a sense of fear experienced as constriction in my breath and mouth...yesterday while looking for a me, fear arose and an image of me in the middle of black space struggling/frightened...today, now, I noticed thoughts if there is no me than there never was then nothing is really going to change except a dropped story line.

Seeing is happening without my permission...the seer is unknown...the I thought may take credit but I can't find the me that is looking outside a thought....there is a reflection in the mirror that seems to be looking...i look deeply into the reflection to see is that me...yes, body mind but that me is not in charge.

Openview

Postby Openview » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:16 pm

It's all ok, as I sit here...thoughts pass thru or stay for while...impulse to do comes and goes...thoughts what will my guide say...right now, it feels ok...no matter what...it doesn't have to be different than what it is...thoughts of experiences of fear and no fear...one not preferable over the other...just this presenting as it is...almost funny...wow! I thought it was so important, whatever that preference was...maybe that will arise again...look look look...question assumptions...look directly at thought...in this moment thought seems hollow yet it continues to appear...blah blah blah

Fear arises...hmmm...how did I notice...a sensation in the body and very quick labeling...what is to fear?...unravelling thought...new thought, what's wrong with unraveling.

Craving, in a thought/impulse to read or watch spiritual videos...off limits for now...why do I want to watch/read? A thirst plus distraction...distraction from what? What am I to do??? I sit and write...awaiting next impulse/thought.

It's funny as I write this, the thought is who is this writing and to whom...does any of it matter.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Good morning dear Samantha,
Seeing is happening without my permission...the seer is unknown...the I thought may take credit but I can't find the me that is looking outside a thought....there is a reflection in the mirror that seems to be looking...i look deeply into the reflection to see is that me...yes, body mind but that me is not in charge.
Very good work! You certainly know how to deeply look : )
thoughts pass thru or stay for while...impulse to do comes and goes
wow! I thought it was so important, whatever that preference was
in this moment thought seems hollow yet it continues to appear...blah blah blah
look directly at thought...in this moment thought seems hollow yet it continues to appear...blah blah blah
It seems to me that you are already 'seeing.' This was such a delight to read! You are excellent at expressing yourself.
Yes, the mind is simply a labeling machine and thoughts just keep coming. As you have so perfectly said.....blah, blah,blah.

Where does sound happen?

Love and Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Re: where does sound happen

Postby Openview » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 pm

where does sound happen
hearing is always on...no off button...no one is doing the hearing. Hearing cannot be turned off.
Hearing is held within the same space as seeing...it is part of the whole but without boundary. There is no division. One cannot point to there is hearing or there is seeing as they are not separate, but ever present without boundary without beginning or end.

Openview

Postby Openview » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 pm

It started last night...doubt in the form of words and felt senses...the thought, Am i a fraud?" The experiencing of contracting in the body back to a sense of me...i looked into the experience, is this so? Does thought have power? Can thought even know anything? Trickster.

Earlier yesterday, the thought arose am I doing this right? Did I do something wrong? The body contracted inward, the sensation was prominent in the legs...contracted inward becoming smaller...i just looked and allowed it to be...is there anything wrong with this? I asked. Does this sensation mean anything apart from thought? And now, with closed eyes looking intently...saying the words "i did something wrong"...noticed contraction, turning inward...i kept watching looking repeating the words i did something wrong, I made a mistake...looking, watching...in short order the words lost most of their power...next, looking at the words...are these words powerful? Can they actually mean or know anything? No, just words.

When I say "i" I don't mean that the I/mind body had any say in the matter...it is all appearing as it does...it would be hypocrisy to say I did it...the course is running without any say or control from here.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Good morning Samantha,

Notice that I did not ask about hearing. What I asked was 'Where does sound happen?'

Blessings,

Siobhán

Openview

Re: Where is sound found

Postby Openview » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Good morning, thank you for noticing how the word hearing was replaced for sound... There was a collapse there that I don't understand but will look into it today... Looking looking looking

Apart from that, I "think" my previous answer below answers where sound is found better than hearing... Will dig deeper today.

Hearing (sound) is held within the same space as seeing...it is part of the whole but without boundary. There is no division. One cannot point to there is hearing (sound) or there is seeing as they are not separate, but ever present without boundary without beginning or end.

also, am I off limits to look at LU forums etc while you and I work together...(you told me to not read or watch anything on spirituality)

Openview

Re: Looking hearing vs sound

Postby Openview » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Hearing is a verb/action word
Sound is a noun...naming it
Where is the noun found? It is located where everything and no thing is found...open space ever present all inclusive

I awoke in the night with a thought of a computer... The old kind, big and boxy... Words come out of the computer telling the computer what it is and is not... The computer is this magnificent all inclusive thing but words that come out are small and limited... The computer trusts the words... Not knowing the truth of its own magnificence... Then one day, hopefully, the computer recognizes the words are a distortion...
Not a perfect analogy but seems aprapro to which we look...

May I say, the thought comes up of terror of being the magnificent thing that holds all of it...looking looking...

I will be going out of town for two days...i may not be as available but I will try to write... This is the most important thing for me right now...i love this work... Thank you for being a part of this journey.

Maluhia

Postby Maluhia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Good morning Samantha,
also, am I off limits to look at LU forums etc while you and I work together...(you told me to not read or watch anything on spirituality)
It would be most helpful to ignore all of this while we are in this process. The reason is that it can confuse and/or influence.

Your replies, though lovely to read show me that you are very much in your head. Please go back to the question, which I think you said you would explore more fully in the next day or two, "Where does sound happen."

Remember to get out of your head and notice from only your direct experience. Since you will be away, it is alright to respond after you return home if you need to. Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,

Siobhán

Return to “ARCHIVES”