Open Invitation: Start Here

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
nonaparry

Open Invitation: Start Here

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi, come in! i am called Nona, and i will be your guide.

Tell me a little about yourself: how you came here to Liberation Unleashed, what your journey has been, what you are looking/hoping for.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

nonaparry

Re: Open Invitation: Start Here

Postby nonaparry » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 am

Beginners are welcome here!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 am

bump

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:39 am

bump

open space

Postby open space » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Nona,
it is Colleen.
I love you are here and I am too.
or am i or are u?:)
I see no me and want to come thru and see if there is anything there i have not seen.
Will you walk with me?

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 am

I see no me and want to come thru and see if there is anything there i have not seen.
Excellent. You probably belong in Home forum, and here is fine.

Please explain how you have come to see 'no me' and what 'self' is. A good detailed rant will be useful.
love that you are here,
Nona

open space

Postby open space » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm

there is nothing there inside, there is no "I", "me" to be found.
It is so simple and profound. I have read and thought this so many times.
This time it is seen, like I walked inside of me to look for me and there is no one there.
The looking do not go this far before.
I laughed, I cried for all the ways I so thought "I" was and what that did to me.
It is absolutely empty, there is no place for a thought to stick from here, there is nothing to stick it to.
There are thoughts that come after this that flood in and fight for understanding this experience.
I dreamed a friend of mine died last nite and had had feelings like i was going to die before this so
it feels like a death of some sort. I see me brushing myself off and getting on the "bike" of life again
without this story of me...fascinated what that is like...this
self is made up by the mind.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 pm

there is no "I", "me" to be found.
It is so simple and profound. I have read and thought this so many times.
Many people have read this; some even believe it. Have you seen through direct experience that it is Factually true? No doubt whatsoever?
I dreamed a friend of mine died last nite and had had feelings like i was going to die before this so
it feels like a death of some sort.
i love how the subconscious reports in dreams what it believes is going on. Your 'friend' has died. Yes; this is a kind of death, but nothing is destroyed. It is only that the illusion that there was ever a separate self has been seen through.
this self is made up by the mind.
Yes. So exactly what is this self that mind makes up? How did it come to be believed in at all?

open space

Postby open space » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

You are Colleen, you are 7 yrs old, you are a girl, the speaking about me introduces me to my "me"...i enter the world and innocently become a "me" like all the other "me's" were told.
It thinks it needs this "me" to function, to hold itself up. Keep sitting w that and I seem to be fine without a story of me....everything feels like it is all re-positioning it seeing of life.
I am noticing how the I thought is addictive and it is never satisfied and does not know it is it's own confusion...
An "I" story is high maintenance that needs to be protected; cared for, LOVED....it is a lot of work caring for something that is not even there! It takes all my focus...i seduced by it and i am under a spell from it's illusion.
I notice this thought comes often that "It thinks it has to have a me to function".
It does not know it can function without the use of a "me", "I".
It keeps sharing thoughts and when there is no "I" to do believe them it starts to relax.
I feel like I am just listening to my mind unload and share every fear..."is it ok to be empty"? it says

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 am

Gorgeous!! It is such a pleasure to be here with you.
From here it is clear you are through. The Final Five Questions are used by the guides to confirm you are through the gate. Please answer these in detail and i will have the other guides look at your answers and recommend any further clarification.

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

3) How does it feel to see this?

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over? What had you SEE through the illusion of self?

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 am

Bumping this thread up for Colleen.

open space

Postby open space » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 am

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

-no there is no "me" in this that i am, it is the story of mind and only that.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.
Illusion of separate self begins with thought...similar to my story shared above...we believe from a very young age what we are told about ourselves and we move from pure oneness to 2.....I am a girl; I am happy; I am sad; I am a bad girl; I should be nice; we become our thoughts and live them out as us and forget the connection to who we were before thought. We think "I am a bad girl or I am not loved etc. and we forget to ask where is the "I" that is not loved, is it really real or does it exist? The story of I takes over our lives and we become captivated and sure it is true because we think it.

3) How does it feel to see this?
spacious; home; dropping away of fear, the fear of protecting the "I"; clarity; deep understanding where the pain was coming from; tears of gratitude; laughter; free; thoughts have no hook to land on...I get this image that the "I" is the coat rack for the mind so thoughts can be held by it. Without the coat rack the "I" does not have a place for thoughts to land, therefore thoughts just fall and have nothing to land on; separation into thought does not take place. Live moves without confusion of living out the pain of the lie of protecting and defending an "I" that does not exist.

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.
There is no self, the "I", it is made up, have you noticed? Have you looked inside and ever literally found this "I", this "self" you have been referring to your whole life?...would you like to take the time to see? It can end the seeking story of this "I" that will keep you on an endless search of happiness because it doesn't realize it is there already. "I need, I want, I can't, I am not enough"...on and on... It could liberate you from the painful story of I and all the thoughts that attach to that to protect it and keep it safe and yet it does not exist. The mind thinks it needs an "I" to exist and it is not true. Would you like to go inside and see for yourself, do a walk thru and check it out? This cannot hurt u, the only thing that can happen is you could see the truth for yourself. All you need is curiosity and trust.xx

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over? What had you SEE through the illusion of self?
I have been in Inquiry and The Work, questioning my thoughts for many years now. I then saw your sharing Nona on The Work and followed posts here and went in in a whole new way of really entering myself...doing a full "walk thru" one morning and it just was a 100% clear and registered that there was no self, there never was, it was made up. I had never looked so intently, rather than reading about it and feeling inspired by it, I went in to see for myself and it was empty! I had also been looking at a thought that morning..."I do not want to hurt" and then asked, is it true? and then heard myself say "where is the "I" that hurts?", where is it!? and again saw it was not there. wow...wow...wow. It was never there, I finally asked me and noticed that that was the truth. I did not do this either to be "spiritual", it was to be practical, realistic, to know the truth, Colleen is there really an "I"?! No.

nonaparry

Postby nonaparry » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 am

in this that i am
Just to be crystal clear: is there any 'self' in "i am" at all?

open space

Postby open space » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm

no.xx thank u for asking, love to keep going in and seeing.

Return to “ARCHIVES”