Time to awaken to the Truth - looking for help.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
chimpta

Re: Time to awaken to the Truth - looking for help.

Postby chimpta » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 am

Namaste El,
Great :) How it is going today?
Today has been quite interesting. Very busy with the day job. When I took time to look I noticed a shift. It seems like it is different and not different. If I look within (no me), pure awareness; consciousness is vast, powerful, peaceful, euphoric, almost intoxicating. Earlier in the day when I related the inner awareness with the outer appearance it seemed like awareness was directed towards the objective world with movement but no boundary. Just looking at the world like that invoked that same feeling as when looking within. Very energetic and peaceful. Later in the day the same exercise did not give the same feeling of movement. Inner and outer seemed like a more seamless awareness, oneness. There is a large energetic component to this. At times there is a lot of energy in the head, in the back, center, top. If there is time to relax and close my eyes there is a very deep, clear awareness. With that energy there seems to be a growing of the awareness and how it effects the relationship with the world. Mostly with the day job going on nothing much is really noticed. When looking it is mostly a subtle shift but sometimes more dramatic. Whatever the experience there is still a feeling of naturalness, no discomfort, no awkwardness.
Crossed the gateless gate? :)
If the me is unseen and If the dissolution of the boundary between awareness and appearance has anything to do with crossing the gateless gate... well then ok.

El, much love and gratitude. Glad you stuck with me and pushed me to this point. Before actually focusing and answering your previous response I was feeling like an exhausted gerbil spinning on a wheel. Taking your points one at a time, in honesty, lead to a shift. Your comment to not get lost in concepts but look at experience was key. Well played.

Love and Light
Mark

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:15 am

I am glad for you Mark!
It unfolds nicely.

Is there a gateless gate? :)

And once again please answer some of our favorite questions:

Was there you ever?
What is the illusion of self and how it operates?
How would you describe it to someone who hasn’t heard about it?

Thanks and love,
El

chimpta

Postby chimpta » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Namaste El,
Is there a gateless gate? :)
What gate? I don't see a gate. ;)
Was there you ever?
What used to be "take an honest look at whether or not there is a me" is now just awareness being aware of itself. In the now moment there is awareness and physical vehicle, i.e., this body. It still has a personality and functions quite nicely, but it is not who I am. "A you ever?" That requires trust in a memory and memory feels like an old movie script that I am constantly creating in the now.
What is the illusion of self and how it operates? How would you describe it to someone who hasn’t heard about it?
Seems that awareness projects onto the illusion of body, ego, whatever, and functions from that level, identifies with that. The ego identity is supported by parents, teachers, society. Ego is a survivor, very clever shape shifter. The ego will do what it can to maintain its existence until you turn the flashlight around to see who's there.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Seems that awareness projects onto the illusion of body, ego, whatever, and functions from that level, identifies with that.
Body is real in terms of direct perception. It can be perceived here and now. But, what is ego?

Cheers,
El

chimpta

Postby chimpta » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Body is real in terms of direct perception. It can be perceived here and now. But, what is ego?
Right. Seems like ego is an individual, localized, bound, container of awareness that hides our true nature. It doesn't seem like ego and unbounded awareness can exist at the same time. Ego is me, me, mine, mine!! It hides the universal oneness at the foundation of all manifestation. My wife just called over "Everyone Going Outward". :)

Om

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 am

I would say that ego is just a concept connected with belief in separate self.
When there is in reality just a unique expression, unique embodiment of one life.
It still has a personality and functions quite nicely, but it is not who I am.
Sure, personality stays. Movie unfolds further.
"A you ever?" That requires trust in a memory and memory feels like an old movie script that I am constantly creating in the now.
Yes, it is a story about character Mark. In every moment created slightly different, depending on the moment. But was that you ever? Or it was always just a story?

Love,
El

chimpta

Postby chimpta » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Yes, it is a story about character Mark. In every moment created slightly different, depending on the moment. But was that you ever? Or it was always just a story?
In taking an honest look at the now moment there is only the now moment. Can not say for sure what was or will be. What was is the created story and in that regard there was a story of Mark. In truth was it a you? Doesn't look like it from where I am standing.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 am

In taking an honest look at the now moment there is only the now moment.
Is there anything missing in this now moment? Is there any search for something else?

:)

chimpta

Postby chimpta » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Is there anything missing in this now moment? Is there any search for something else?
In the now moment, no mind, nothing is missing, nothing else required. When the mind comes up, there is still the idea that more is possible, there is always more to learn and more to experience in the 3d world. Who is learning and who is experiencing? Good question. No me, still there is an impulse to act, to function in the world. As long as there is the world and action in it, might as well enjoy, learn, grow, have fun. Even oneness can have fun and smile or at least be a witness to that. A good movie is fun, so is popcorn.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 am

Sure, there is always more to come. Now is always new...

So, that is it Mark! :)

If you are possibly on facebook and would like to exchange with other no-selfs :) here is link for the unleashed post-gate group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/200033776715393/
You can send request and let me know by PM your fb name.

And you are also welcome to contact me or anyone else by any other way.
Love and all the best for the rest of your journey!

Return to “ARCHIVES”