It's time

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Georgina

Re: It's time

Postby Georgina » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi Bill

I'm really sorry but I'm not going to get a chance to respond properly today. I just wanted to let you know that it's still all very much at the forefront of things for me and I will respond properly tomorrow.

Thanks

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Bill

Today I had a shift in perspective. It doesn’t feel much different from before. I can see all the processes that make up Georgina happening, thoughts, feelings and so on but they aren’t me, I see that there is no self in them. They’re just things happening as much as anything else is. I can only find a me in thoughts. It was something that I read a few days ago in the pdf that popped in to my head earlier, that the feeling of me-ness was the glue that held the illusion together. At the time when I read it it didn’t really make sense but it suddenly became clear to me this morning and then something shifted. As I said, in some ways it’s not really any different from before and I think for so long I expected something big and mystical to happen that there was almost an unsureness that that could be it so I watched through out the day. It’s like my focus has gone more outward, like I’m no longer obsessed with me over everything else. I‘ve been amazed at how much I’ve noticed as I gone about my day. Not major things just the details of stuff, like how dusty my house is for one! Through out the day I’ve asked where I am in this or if there is a self and the answer seems to be I’m everything or nothing, space, outside of thoughts about it there is no I. Even now as I’m typing this it seems too easy. If this is all it is why has everyone always made it seem so complicated!?! (yourself and the other guides here excluded obviously) Why is it so hard to see?! But then the answer to that is also quite obvious. It feels like there’s some settling going on, ‘I’m’ intrigued to see where it goes. It really doesn’t matter though.

Thank you Bill ☺

Bill

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 pm

That's great Georgina!

I could tell you were pretty close, and it might just take a little 'anything' to push you over.
You can see that there is nothing special or different going on. Just what always has been going on, but not noticed.
You can also see this is very simple and not complicated and that's probably why its so difficult to see. Its just what is... and we were all looking for some big change in consciousness... we were sure it had to be 'different' than what is here now.
That's why 'just look' is the only real pointer needed.

There's more questions I have for you, but while this is super fresh for you.. I'd appreciate it if you could just give me a freehand rant of what you're experiencing now other than that dust. haha.

No pressure... just what is coming up for you and what you are seeing now.

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am

Hi

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, Daisy's been ill and I had a pretty strong head ache all day so I did not get a chance. Well it would be truer to say a head ache was happening. It didn't feel as personal as it would have in the past, all things Georgina related don't feel quite so personal now. They are still very much there, all the parts that make up that story but there's not a sense of ownership in the same way as there was. I feel like I can see the patterns of behaviour in me more clearly and how they come about. How everything is like a domino effect flowing from one experience to another. One event triggering another but no person in there doing it. The outside world doesn't seem quite so outside. Everything has more equal value than before, it's not all me and other it just is. There are still thoughts that label things up but I see them for what they are, a tool for communication rather than the definitive description of reality. There are still doubts sometimes that there should be some big mystical or wow experience but then a sense of the simple wowness of life as it is brings an amusement and maybe slight annoyance about all the seeking in the past. I don't feel compelled to tell everyone about it as much as I thought I would. I have always had a burning need to discuss all this with anyone that would listen, telling myself that it was so I could share the beauty of life with everyone. The reality was though that I always hoped that through those conversations I would really see it myself. It's not as if I won't ever discuss it but it will come up if it comes up, just like anything else that happens. I guess that's a rant. Thank you for doing what you do Bill. You have saved me from a potential life time of missing the point!

Bill

Postby Bill » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:01 am

Hello Georgina,

Glad to hear all is ok. You will be able to see through many things that you've taken for granted and some will probably surprise you that you actually had such strong beliefs and didn't even realize it consciously.
Doubts will happen, and you may wake up and wonder if this is all some big trick your mind has played..... just relax if that happens and do your best to look. Looking is a skill we learn with this and it can be used for most anything we come up against in life. Emotions are still there like before..... for many they dont seem to be quite as sticky as in the past.... they often come, and go fast. Of course this is 'usually'. Anything can happen as you might have guessed.
Yes about the line blurring between inside and outside and also the equal value all things have. I have noticed these as well.

You can see that the big Wow experience was what the mind was wanting, because you couldnt imagine that 'this' everyday common consciousness was it.. its very common and also unusual for people to not have an expectation like this from all the hype we see around awakening. Now you know its nothing special.
My own experience with talking about this with other people is fairly typical.... most people will give you a look like there's something not quite right with you... and even among people that you are sure will be receptive to it. You might get lucky and find someone but don't hold your breath. Its pretty rare :) We do have an extensive support system here at LU and you'll find plenty of people to talk with and also guide others if you desire. I think you would do well at that.

We will go next to the final questions that we ask everyone at the end; we only ask these when you have verified that without any doubt you've seen through the illusion. Can you verify this?
I want to ask you if there's anything that we haven't gone over or talked about, anything else on your mind..... or any other questions about any of this?

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Yes I'd say the less stickiness is true of emotions or a bit like watching things almost from a third person perspective. In terms of finding people who are responsive, I am lucky that there are quite a few people in my life who are up for the conversation at least. It's nice to know there is an online community too though.

And yes I can verify that I have seen through the illusion. I don't think there is anything I want to ask.

Bill

Postby Bill » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi,

From reading other threads, you know we ask all coming thru to answer some questions.
Let's go ahead with them... if there's anything that is left to address, it will come up from your answers.
Take your time with these... there's no rush. Give each your full attention.
Do your best to give complete and thorough answers from your own experience.

Let's start with the first 3:

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience.
Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this?
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue?
Please report from the past few days.

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:21 pm

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
No there is no separate entity 'me' anywhere. There never has been, there have just been thoughts and words that describe a 'me' but in reality it was never there.
2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.
It is the idea that there is a separate entity with in each person running the show. Making decisions and controlling what happens. It begins when we are very young. We learn language and develop a thinking mind. Language is used as a tool for communication and for this purpose labels like 'I' and 'you' are useful. Equally the mind is a useful tool for survival, splitting the world up in to categories like safe and unsafe, food or not food, self and other have their uses. But with out knowing any better the mind begins to believe that this is really what we are and we start to see life always through the filter of these labels. We start to believe that we are a separate thing with in the world controlling what is going on. We forget that life is an endless flow of experiences all connected to each other, each experience triggering and creating the next like an intricate web of dominos. We forget that rather than there being a thing looking out at the world, something doing the experiencing, there simply is experiencing happening. The experience and the awareness of it are one and the same, neither can exist with out the other and it is only in the language of the mind that the separation between them comes.
3) How does it feel to see this?
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue?
Please report from the past few days.
It feels familiar, like when you are told something you feel you already knew somehow. It feels relaxing and opening, the pressures of me are lifting and my awareness is opening up to include everything. The attention is no longer all on and through me. It's less like I am doing anything, more as if things are just happening. There is a brightness, an aliveness to everything. In many ways it doesn't feel any different from before, everything that was here is still here but the bits that I would call me don't feel so personal, there's less of a sense of ownership over them and the parts that I would call outside of me feel more equal, more personal maybe, like I could find me there just as much as I could in the 'me' bits. It's like feeling the energy of everything around me more. Talking to or thinking about other people is when the strongest sense of self is still found but I can see that it is just sensations and thoughts. When I feel this I look and see there is really no self. I look at others and no longer see separate people, I see myself looking back at me.

Bill

Postby Bill » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Nice work Georgina.. great looking :)

Here we go with the remainder... take your time.. no rush:

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you actually take the look?

5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen?
How does it work?
What are you responsible for?
Give examples from your recent day to day experience.

6) Anything to add?

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you actually take the look?
I was sitting feeding Daisy and looking at what was happening, noticing a sense of me-ness and then the thought of something I had read a few days earlier popped in to my head. That the me-ness is the glue that holds the illusion together. I then could see what that meant and that I had been taking that sensation to be what I was but in fact it was something being experienced. Then I saw that there really was no me but just looking and experiencing happening.
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen?
How does it work?
What are you responsible for?
Give examples from your recent day to day experience.
All of these things are concepts with in the illusion. Along with the idea of a self comes the idea that that self can do things, make decisions and choices, that it has free will and control. In reality there is no person to own/do any of these things. In reality there is simply an endless flow of experiences, each one triggering the next. I'm particularly enjoying the analogy of a giant web of dominos at the moment! When you can look with out the self you can see that life is a web of happenings but when you are caught in the idea of a self you focus just on small parts of the web and from that angle it appears that the self made decisions and choices and had control. The language we use to communicate reinforces these ideas. Once one has seen that the self is just a concept of the mind then it is also seen that ideas of free will, choice and control are also just concepts of the mind. The same is true for responsibility. One can feel as if one is responsible when seeing things through the self but in true direct seeing there is no responsibility. There are feelings that we can call responsibility as with control, decisions etc. but these are just feelings, they are not felt by anyone. Responsibility requires ownership of experiences but outside of the mind there is no one there to own anything. For example I can have a feeling of being responsible for Daisy, thoughts that I need to feed her, wash her etc but they are just thoughts. There is no me to think them. They can be the triggers that lead to the feeding and washing happening but at no point was there a me thinking about or doing the feeding.
6) Anything to add?
Not really. I'd be lying if I said I'm now living a life completely with out any sense of me. At times it is there quite strongly but I am able to look now and see it for what it really is. More and more I feel present in the moment rather than caught up in the mind or ideas of me. I am enjoying being able to see things from a new angle and being able to be more objective about 'me'. I'm quite playfully excited about where this will lead and how life will play out from here.

Bill

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

Hello again.. good news Georgina ... I ran your questions by the other guides and they have no questions. You're confirmed. I really liked your answers as they were very direct and real and told how well you've seen this.
It's just about my bedtime here.....so I'll finish up tomorrow morning with a longer post about your questions and our groups and things, but just found this out and wanted to let you know.

You did a great job and I really liked how you looked and saw how easy it is to do.
I will be back to you in the morning. :)

Bill

Bill

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Not really. I'd be lying if I said I'm now living a life completely with out any sense of me. At times it is there quite strongly but I am able to look now and see it for what it really is.
This is exactly where we are pointing here at LU. You can see this is not about getting rid of the self.. how could that even happen? We simply reacquaint ourselves with the art of truly looking. And its so simple it defys most any attempt to explain it logically. Its simply seeing what is.
So many have the silly notion from all the 'enlightenment' doctrination they've received that by some magic their thoughts should stop, and their sense of self needs to completely disappear. You now know how silly this kind of notion is. We simply get to notice what has been here all along but overlooked.

Within a day or so, you'll turn blue on the forum and a little more of the website will open up to you.
Its been great pointing for you. I really like how you did the work you needed to do to see this.

We have several groups on Facebook and you can also use those for learning about guiding
if that's something you want to consider and further discussion.
I think you would do well at guiding and I'd encourage it, as it is a way to work with others with this.

When you notice your name turning blue on the forum...
Check out this page: http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=6&t=696
There are some links and info to other sites associated with LU.

Life goes on as it does. I wish you and Daisy the best. :)
If there's any more questions, please ask.

Namaste,
Bill

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am

Thank you so much for all your help Bill, you are a super star :)

I will definitely check out the groups and things.

I really appreciate that you give your time to this, it is very special.

Namaste indeed :)

Georgina

Return to “ARCHIVES”