Open invitation, reply and we begin

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Elizabeth

Re: Open invitation, reply and we begin

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Lucid,
Glad you are back, and the nerves are seen on the surface.
Underneath is empty.
You may be waiting for all symptoms and habits of thought to subside.
They may do so eventually.
But the first step to that, is seeing the emptiness under the thoughts and sensation and emotional responses. You don't usually see it 24/7, it's simply there when you look, and at first you look a lot, to make sure.
That's awake to the illusion. That's what we do here.
Then as life continues, the thoughts and stories come up for review, you notice them, look through them, see the emptiness, and the sticky labels fall off the view. More space seems to open up.
That's unfolding from Gate. We have an Unleashed group on Facebook where we review a few thoughts together, in conversation.
People tell me there is a full on enlightenment past that, but that word seems to have lost meaning here, like a lot of concepts.
So, today, look at the I. Is it a you in any way, shape or form? Simple look required, no efforting :-) First words that roll off the fingers...
And, how does a self keep you from perceiving life as it is, life-ing? What is it's main mechanism?
Apart from a thought about Lucid, can you be said to exist?

Much love, Elizabeth

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:01 pm

You may be waiting for all symptoms and habits of thought to subside.
They may do so eventually.
But the first step to that, is seeing the emptiness under the thoughts and sensation and emotional responses. You don't usually see it 24/7, it's simply there when you look, and at first you look a lot, to make sure.
Yesterday I let myself slip into sensations/perceptions which calmed the thoughts considerably. Ultimately the sensations/perceptions were of emptiness underneath it all. :O)
So, today, look at the I. Is it a you in any way, shape or form? Simple look required, no efforting :-) First words that roll off the fingers...
No I, only a collection of stories that came from thoughts.
And, how does a self keep you from perceiving life as it is, life-ing? What is it's main mechanism?
Self feeds itself from thoughts. Thoughts always cloud the experience of looking, create a veil from the past or the futur and even thoughts about now are never now, and whatever now means doesn't exist, only experience, devoided of words, and thoughts.
Apart from a thought about Lucid, can you be said to exist?
The body called Lucid exists but there is no me (me being just another word) other than in thoughts, only awareness, direct perception of experience

Have a beautiful day Elizabeth

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 am

Who would you be if you did not have to try so hard to be worthwhile?
NOBODY!

This maybe what I fear? I'd be worried of being no one in my own eyes (merciless Lucid) more than in the eyes of others. I never ask of others as much as I ask myself.

There might be hope.. last night I dreamed there were serious cracks in the foundation of my house (self?)

got rid of the nerves by the way.. sat in the middle of it, created a space (meaning= I accept you, I love you) for it and stayed with it till it disolved :O)

♫♪♫

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Merciless Lucid has one more thought to see through.
What would happen if this was the last of practice, worry, and improvement?
If there was no attempt to be better, ever again?
Nothing left to do?
Just, nothing?
Relax the grip, Lucid.
Let it all go, drain, pool, and leave.
No one to hold, no one to be.

Open. Space. Love.

Elizabeth

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Let me float with this for a while.. (my mind was saying that it would have to practice at it.. lol)

What I can say is that I regret nothing. If that's what it took, I'm a lot happier now and see in a more relaxed way.
Relax the grip, Lucid.
Let it all go, drain, pool, and leave.
Are you sending me off? :O(

Love, Lucid

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 pm

The veil is so thin, just one little rip will make it come down. One pure look at something for a few seconds, without Lucid to claim ownership of anything, and not even this delightful buzz I feel when I LOOK. Sooner or later Lucid will forget to be here..

Love you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

Dear Lucid.
A 'you' is always deficient, lacking, not good enough, insecure, fearful, and needs more work. A lifetime self-improvement project. People are on their deathbeds thinking they are doing dying wrong, but that is what they do. Sad sort of victory, isn't it?
There is no deficient self. There is no self-sufficient self. There is no self. You can see that, but hold onto that last core thought. Not worthy, Lucid. Condemned, by your self.
So, even that thought must go. It's as much of a lie as the others. Not true, not real, there is so little self left to generate it, why bother.
Let go and let life, Lucid.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm

The "thought" about being nobody really grabbed me this morning and I know damn well it's just a thought and it was a learning process that was imposed on me, nothing natural. The only way I know how to let the thought go is to let it hang, not do anything but watch it, make a space around it and wait till it desolves. I am so happy to know the truth about it for I would be into pieces over it. All my problems stem from thoughts and thoughts are a bunch of nothings. Every time I see a problem on the horizon I remind myself that it's just a thought and it is so helpful.

XOXOXO

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

and it was a learning process that was imposed on me, nothing natural.
Meant to learn how to become somebody

Haven't had my coffee yet...

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Yup, Adya and so many say the same thing. You understand it now?
That is good, letting the thought sit and not throw energy and meaning and a good story hook-up at it. Perfectly possible to not invest in a thought. And no one dies :-)
I dance a little here, for the you that is not.
When you don't have to believe you, that is IT! No one to care!
And then the world can carry on as it does. And the story can rattle on commenting, as it does. And you simply never have to hook up with the story again, except to look at any sticky bits that are trying to re-assume the form of a you. More thoughts! Oh well.
WHAT a surprise!
NOT.
LOL.
So happy for not-Lucid.
Love, Elizabeth

Anki

Postby Anki » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 am

Hi Lucid! You've done great here. I have one small question for you. When you use the word 'I' to what are you referring? Thanks!
Lisa
Unleash yourself. Look, and look again. No self to unleash.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:33 am

Lucid finds it practical in conversations. But honestly it does refer to my "self" still, eventhough I feel more disconnected from it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Lucid finds it practical in conversations. But honestly it does refer to my "self" still, eventhough I feel more disconnected from it.
So, what is 'self' or I when you are referring to it?
Please check and do an detailed description of what that means now.

Love, Elizabeth

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm

"self" now, is mostly a small collection of stories of why this process is not happening. For example it thinks it should always feel some elation if this was working out. Or it thinks this may be taking too long, it feels on a deadline. Then of course it sees they are only thoughts and go back to looking where all is well. But it keeps coming back to it. It also gets into life stories with friends and can't seem to avoid them, they seem irresistible. I give it permission cause if I don't they become even more enchanting. Still they bring worries. "I" spends its days with ups and downs, they fluctuate, never quite the same.

Love, Lucid

Return to “ARCHIVES”