Open invitation, reply and we begin

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Elizabeth

Re: Open invitation, reply and we begin

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Lucid,
Sounds good. Sunshine here, too.
Awakening, the last problem you ever have to believe in. Is it a problem? Do you need it? Who needs it?
Much love.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 pm

nothing much to report, ordinary life, just usual stuff and more insomnia.

This too will pass... :O)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 am

I came across this saying of Ilona's.

"Well it’s a very simple thing that needs to be resolved….
There is this thought I… and once you see that I is just a thought
And you see that thought itself does not think….
It clicks!
It’s very very simple."

Hugs, Lucid.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 am

I've reminded myself of this all day but you see when your nerves feel like you're sitting in a frying pan... kinna hard to see this as a simple thought, feels more like a lie I'm telling myself. But I've also read something someone said here about being impossible to lose what has been seen. May be just a thought but encouraging nonetheless... ;O)

Hug you back!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:07 am

I've reminded myself of this all day but you see when your nerves feel like you're sitting in a frying pan... kinna hard to see this as a simple thought, feels more like a lie I'm telling myself. But I've also read something someone said here about being impossible to lose what has been seen. May be just a thought but encouraging nonetheless... ;O)

Hug you back!
Think of this as your koan, Lucid.
I is a thought. Thought does not think.
So what's left?

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:11 am

pain

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 am

I say this very gently, Lucid. Really?
Tell me the story of the pain.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:51 am

no story, just pain.. see I could tell you that all there is, is awareness (eventhough I'm not buying it yet) but feeling this way is so intense that you might as well try to convince me that the urge of taking a crap, is just a thought. Sorry but I can't even think straight..

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Good, you could not find a story.
Without a story, what is there? In reality?
Very simply, LOOK.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:33 pm

During the day I had a story 'about' the pain and worked through it, giving it space a little to see if it was true.
What is there without a story, in reality? just another thing to observe is what I have in mind.

Last night I got into a comedy movie (hadn't done that in a month) Gave me a distance with it all, gave me some relief. Then I got into looking and noticed my concentration was next to flawless. I held it for an hour and fell asleep. Had a really great night's rest. This morning I see that looking is getting easier, just falling into it as an automatic process once it comes to my attention that I am not. Also I feel a distance to all the small problems that my mind usually makes up, that don't exist as of yet. The self is taking less space :O)

Merci Elisabeth! Gros bisou ma belle X

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Glad you are getting some rest.
Easier to be clear and present.
It's all one thing, the looking, the living, the comedies :-)
Nothing is excluded. All one.
All one.
Enjoy, dear Lucid.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 am

This afternoon i could not look and contemplated that behing every thought or story there is an "I" Got the idea to play with this... LOOKING, NOT LOOKING, LOOKING, NOT LOOKING, LOOKING, NOT LOOKING... I finally got that every time I looked, Lucid was empty :O) every time I didn't the body was full of resistance, tensions and twitches. Got to a point where I felt space inside and everything had this undeniable freshness about it, dusk looked more like dawn etc. It was the first time I could truly say I was close. The mind went wild with ideas as you can imagine: "Lucid won't it be grand when you're enlightened?" blah, blah blah!!! It even threw in some of that pain of yesterday! But I'm sitting in a corner here cackling to myself cause this time I know, I got him! :O)

Love you Elizabeth!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

This afternoon i could not look and contemplated that behing every thought or story there is an "I" Got the idea to play with this... LOOKING, NOT LOOKING, LOOKING, NOT LOOKING, LOOKING, NOT LOOKING... I finally got that every time I looked, Lucid was empty :O) every time I didn't the body was full of resistance, tensions and twitches. Got to a point where I felt space inside and everything had this undeniable freshness about it, dusk looked more like dawn etc. It was the first time I could truly say I was close. The mind went wild with ideas as you can imagine: "Lucid won't it be grand when you're enlightened?" blah, blah blah!!! It even threw in some of that pain of yesterday! But I'm sitting in a corner here cackling to myself cause this time I know, I got him! :O)

Love you Elizabeth!
Yup, that is it. Every time you LOOK, nothing is there!
Ridiculous, isn't it? The thoughts narrate everything like they do, and still, you see that they are central to nothing. Nothing is there.
So, my dear Lucid, is there an I?
What is that self and how does it work? Explain it to a beloved child who wants to know what her self is.

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Have to go somewhere today, will write tonight cause this morning my thoughts lack in clarity, haven't had my coffee yet.. :O)

Have a beautiful day! ♥

LucidLizard

Postby LucidLizard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:41 am

There is no I.

The self is the embodiment of an I. The I is generated by thoughts, a construct of the mind. Only thoughts are clouds coming from nowhere, they have no existence of their own. Thoughts come, feed the I, and reinforce the self. Behind every thought there is an I, an attempt to measure our "self" to absolutely everything and everyone we encounter and identify with it to reinforce this "self". (This is "my" computer and "I" am writing this message. Don't you agree?) seeking an echo from another "I" to reaffirm the self even more. What a crazy spin! Without a thought there is no I. The only power we have over thoughts is in the non-action of LOOKING, being present to any object that meets the eye.

A bit mumbo-jumbo but I understand it. I haven't gone around these questions so much as to explain them to others, trying to calm the thoughts instead of encouraging them and I am mostly feeling my way around with these findings, using inward pressure as a signal that I am not looking. The body needs to ajust itself to this lightness before it leaps over the kinesthetic hurdle. Meanwhile I feel grateful for having you to remind me what the mind (little devil) so easily, so readily forgets. :O)

Thank you Sweet Elizabeth!

Return to “ARCHIVES”