Anyone wants to have a chat?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Anyone wants to have a chat?

Postby Ilona » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 am

Morning.
How it is going today? Any doubts coming up?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:36 am

Hi, yeah, yesterday was great .. There seems to be a sense of freedom or liberation but it's not such a definitive experience that I would be able to say "Yes, I am liberated. I'll get that confirmed and then I can help others." if you know what I mean ..
I trust your intuitive rightness on most of this so in a sense it's your call .. However I am also open to discussing or chatting a bit in another environment like e.mail .. (Face Book can get a bit "cramped" by the format) ..
There are things that interest me like how you came to this experience / way of being .. if anything caused your liberation etc ..
I know you said there are another couple of questions .. so ask away .. but I am not sure that I will be able to give concrete answers ..
If it's appropriate to "talk" here or in PMs I am happy to do that .. but the general feeling is that it is all a bit too quick and easy .. though this does not deny that there is still a sense of lightness and freedom from too much "mental masturbation" (if you'll pardon the expression) .. and a sense of an open playing field and kind of "where do I go from here?"
So ... back to you .. : )

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 pm

The shift is very subtle, but it's deffinite. What is seen, can not be unseen. That does not mean that all the conditioning and programing falls away imediately. Seeing that there is no I other than a thought is only a beginning, there is still lots to clean up after the core of illusion has been knocked out.

Can you answer these questions now as truthfuly as you can.

how does this illusion work? what would you tell your best friend about it? how would you describe what is the present condition of humans.

just give us a nice rant on the topic. ( by rant i mean write a lot )

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 am

Imagine a big pile of words .. a figure out in a white space in white clothes so that almost no forms or outlines are ditinguishable .. The figure pauses, looks at the words, bends and picks one up turns it over examining it and then tosses it back on the pile .. He repeats the action .. and then again .. finally he shrugs his shoulders and wanders off again ..
That's about where I am right now .. Words by their very nature are dualistic .. they really cannot be used to communicate anything pertaining to non-duality .. My experience right now is of being in a space without direction or a compass to indicate one ..
If by this illusion you refer to the illusion of self I don't know .. I almost don't know what you mean .. maybe because there isn't one and that's a new experience .. a new way of being .. I honestly don't know. You refer to a core illusion being knocked out but I couldn't say if that has really happened or not ...
I did already try to communicate this to my best friend and she seemed to understand .. however I drank four pints of quite strong beer at lunch time to loosen up enough to let this happen .. (something I very rarely do these days) ..
As for the condition of humanity right now my view of that would be drawn directly from a stock reply built up over recent months of being convinced that non-dual consciousness is not only what I wanted but the very core of what is necessary to "save the human race" .. from self destruction .. That it is absolutely the dualistic consciousness which causes all the trouble individually and socially ..

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 am

Slightly pissed off because just did a beautiful long rant for you and when I submitted it found my friend's internet connection had gone off and lost the lot ! : ) c'est la vie ..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 am

Looks like your both messages reached here no problem.

Not knowing anything is a great place to be. That allows to look at things as they are rather than through a lens of knowing.

Yes, all words are dualistic in nature and they are not what they are pointing to. Language works just fine if you start seeing words as pointers and not things themselves. And this language is what we got so we can communicate. It's made up of words...

Ok, so tell me now is there a self at all, a separate entity 'me', a driver to the story? Was there ever?

What is going on? What is real?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 am

Actually there was a much longer one but probably good that it didn't get through ..
I think what is going on is a bit like an electric motor when it is unplugged .. it just keeps running although there is no power there until it eventually slows and stops .. All the old programs and assumptions are still going but the power for them (the core illusion) has gone .. No way am I used to operating without that and also .. in the past few months my life has been almost totally dedicated to the search/ing .. so all i am aware of is that that now suddenly seems unnecessary .. and there is a big space where that activity was but nothing else to fill it yet .. So it's like i am in the moment but it's a pretty weird moment ..
Actually a lot of beauty and peace in one way .. perhaps a freeing off to pursue other avenues and possibly new potential ..
Yes it certainly seems that the illusion of the driver has gone .. and that is mainly seen through the lack of searching ..
As for what is real .. basically everything is real .. seamlessly harmoniously mutually arising ..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 am

Congratulations :) you have graduated...

Sometimes it is difficult for the mind to accept how simple this is and it starts creating all kinds of doubt about it. one thing for sure, what has been seen, can not be unseen.. ever.
our Aftercare group is very helpfull at the early stage. looking forward to see you in there.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks .. see you there .. : )

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

Just for fun, you made a great list of expectations at the beginning of our conversation. Could you go back to it now and look how they fit, were they realistic or not, just make a list again comparing what you expected and what it turned out to be.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quote Re: Anyone wants to have a chat?
by longgone1 » October 15th, 2011, 9:49 am

O.K. will do this off the top of my head ..
1) First thing I suppose is dropping a huge weight of accumulated baggage which is really nothing more than a story I have been telling myself since an early age and is full of fear insecurity and victim stuff.
2) A natural ability to live in the moment without an agenda or too much necessity to "work it all out" before being able to move or do.
3) Losing that crippling circular thinking which has been described as "trying to bite your own teeth".
4) I expect not to lose myself in total oneness but at least to be free of the tyranny of identifying with a false sense of self.
5) I expect to be able to function as before but from a different place or felt location of self .. kind of removed from or watching the action of what I used to call me .. so there is less emotional energy mixed in with action and (hopefully) interaction.
6) I hope for, but don't necessarily expect, to be able to function better in the world by being "not of it".
7) At the very least I am expecting more of the lightness of being I experienced after interacting with Mihail for a while on FB yesterday, and at the most complete liberation after interacting with you (dare I hope ? .. I am almost too excited about this possibility) and .. then .. if and when it is appropriate to be part of this work by helping others to "see".
O.K. ?

Numbers one to five all seem to have occurred (amazingly : ) ) ...
Number six remains to be seen ..
Number seven .. well the lightnes has appeared and gone in and out of focus more .. probably according to wether I am concerned about wether this has really happened .. or just getting on with life, and also having things to do and people to relate to .. (I think I explained I have cut myself off from most normal life contacts and activities to dedicate myself to the search for non-dual consciousness) ..
So there is process and adjustment going on now .. I am more sure that this has actually occurred .. (only an ego maniac would want to make claims about this I think ) ..
and the last bit .. about helping others to it still interests me .. maybe after some interaction with others on "Unleashed" ..
I have noticed different styles and wonder how mine might be .. I feel I must get quite clear first and then try "honing my skills" ..

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:45 pm

As for the rambling bit while i awaited your reply .. a fair bit of that is happening too .. It's like all the things you might expect about it, but so far have been only intellectual ideas and reports .. actually begin to be experience ..
I am sure that this trigger mechanism you speak of .. which I assume is simply the seeing through of the self .. the genuine seeing of it's illusory nature .. actually brings about all the other stuff ..
It is strange how even Eckhart Tolle who obviously had this experience .. according to his own report at the beginning of the Power of Now .. then goes on to try to get people into it through "presence" and being in the moment which is not how he did it and will never work .. because it is still the ego-self and the intellect trying to do it .. weird .. Keeps him employed though .. like all the others .. writing books .. making C.D.'s doing workshops etc which ultimately keep the followers and searches exactly where they are ..
Maybe Tony Parsons is the nearest to this as he just sticks to "there is no one" and gets some results through not interacting with other's illusory selves.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm

i think your reflection on your expectations is very valuable. you can see now how it really works in real life by experience, not concepts.

as for helping others, settle in a bit, but you can start doing right away. in this way you get to deal with your own beliefs and clarify mind as well, by helping others you help yourself too. it's a two way process. there is no time limit when you can start. all one needs is passion and compassion. I look at my human friends and i see that in their head there is this belief about separate entity. so i do my best to help everyone who finds me see it. i can't make anyone break free, but if somebody asks for help- always ready.

there are few people like tony parsons, that are helpful. i can mention Pamela Wilson, Ruper Spira, there are others. this method we worked out is the most precise and to the point, that we know of. and yes, it's not magic, it's simply keeping focus at the gate. and one look pulls the Looker through. It's really not much more that we do, just make you look. :)

Return to “ARCHIVES”