Anyone wants to have a chat?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Please come in, take a seat and let's look at your self together.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com

longgone1

Re: Anyone wants to have a chat?

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:26 am

Hi, yes delighted to have a chat .. been reading around on here a bit and over on FB .. I think it's a great project & I seem to like your particular "style" with it.
Ready when you are : )

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 am

Hi longgone1, great to meet you.
so, what are your expectations from this? make a long list of all that you hope this chat will do for you.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, great to meet you to .. Just been writing a long e.mail to a friend about this site (and new phenomenon) so will make a cup of tea while making the list and then reply .. thanks ..

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 am

O.K. will do this off the top of my head ..
1) First thing I suppose is dropping a huge weight of accumulated baggage which is really nothing more than a story I have been telling myself since an early age and is full of fear insecurity and victim stuff.
2) A natural ability to live in the moment without an agenda or too much necessity to "work it all out" before being able to move or do.
3) Losing that crippling circular thinking which has been described as "trying to bite your own teeth".
4) I expect not to lose myself in total oneness but at least to be free of the tyranny of identifying with a false sense of self.
5) I expect to be able to function as before but from a different place or felt location of self .. kind of removed from or watching the action of what I used to call me .. so there is less emotional energy mixed in with action and (hopefully) interaction.
6) I hope for, but don't necessarily expect, to be able to function better in the world by being "not of it".
7) At the very least I am expecting more of the lightness of being I experienced after interacting with Mihail for a while on FB yesterday, and at the most complete liberation after interacting with you (dare I hope ? .. I am almost too excited about this possibility) and .. then .. if and when it is appropriate to be part of this work by helping others to "see".
O.K. ?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 am

Shall I go on a bit while I await your reply ?
I could say .. the return of "taste" in life .. including simply literal taste as in food and drink .. The ability to really appreciate all the amazing stuff we are moving through as indicated by the five senses .. Sights, & sounds getting clearer .. just drinking them in with love and appreciation .. I think you can tell I am speaking a bit from experience here rather than expectation .. maybe Mihail helped quite a bit yesterday .. When I went for a walk after chatting with him online there were times when it felt like being in a 3D technicolor photograph or film .. it was a bit extra real and beautiful .. as the weight of the personal baggage drops there is an ability to be more in the present and just appreciate without fear or longing ..
I could also say a feeling of "coming home" .. there was a feeling of being at home in my surroundings rather than always longing for a home .. Nature and even buildings seemed friendly .. There is a feeling of being at home in my own skin ..
Sleep was short but deep .. I felt a return of some verve for life .. I was without the fear and dread and regurgitating past "mistakes" that often accompanies my waking moments and longer ..
Everything is fresh and lovely and I hope I am not kidding myself just because the weather is good and all looks so beautiful in soft golden sunlight ..
Nah .. just rambling while I await your reply .. :)

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:28 am

Ok. Thanks. A lot of expectation. But at least you are in thwack, nothing extreme.
Right, can you just leave it all here and have a fresh look.

There is no separate entity self/ me at all in real life? is it true?

What comes up?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:00 am

O.K. .. seems there is a bit of a time lag on getting your replies so sorry about the dealy ..
What comes up is that there is a move towards that position from just an intellectual understanding to a "loosening" of the ties or identification with the I/self or ego self .. but it is not something I can definitely say is true in felt experience.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 am

I know that my self is just a bunch of thoughts and oft repeated memories until I believe in it. I know that there is a lot of emotion bound in with it too that energises it. After some work on repeatedly reminding myself "I am not the body, I am not my thoughts." the illusion is more flimsy .. I can kind of stand behind it .. but it would be a big claim to just state baldly "I have no I." .. or "There is no I here." if you like .. There's still a me sitting here waiting for your reply .. enjoying this .. hoping and wondering how it will go .. I can try watching my hands type and that works a bit as a dissociation exercise but it is not a natural permanent thing .. I didn't step out of the I yet.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 am

There is an ability to just sit here enjoying the moment and that is very pleasant but if the phone rang who would get up and pick it up and more importantly who would answer? There is definitely a personality that acts and reacts according to stimuli and changes a bit according to whoever it reacts with ..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:06 pm

yes there is a time lag here, it's not dynamic facebook enviroment, but the benefit of this is that you can take all the time to think and look before you answer. It's a bit like playing chess. i make a move, you make a move. And please answer only when you are ready with 100% honesty. no maybe, not possible, just exactly as it is.

cool.
Lets look at thoughts.
tell me, where do thoughts come from, can you control them, can you think two thoughts at the same time, can you know what the next thought will be. just sit with this for a while and really notice the thought process. is there a thinker?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Been over to FB as you seemed to fade out there for a bit .. they said to try a PM .. done that .. look forward to further conatct .. : )
Hope I'm not just being difficult ? ..
Patience ...

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Lets look at thoughts.
tell me, where do thoughts come from, can you control them, can you think two thoughts at the same time, can you know what the next thought will be. just sit with this for a while and really notice the thought process. is there a thinker?

Where thoughts come from seems impossible to say .. the only useful thing I ever got from Krishnamurtu was when he said in his autobiography to try to follow a thought back to its source .. nearly impossible .. I suppose if one did one would have actually found and become the source and dropped the I thought as thinker ..
No, nearly complete lack of control over them .. Obviously cannot think two thoughts at the same time .. and can't even know what the next thought will be .. (except when re-iterating some thought process in written form .. but not living fresh ones) ..
So they are very good pointers to the fact that really there is no thinker .. just thought happening ..
Good .. !
Very good .. thanks ..

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I've been letting that soak in .. "experimenting " with it .. quite extraordinary to know that there is no reality to a thinker in here ..
I kind of came up with, Not, "I think therefore I am." .. but, "There is thinking therefore there is being."
Does that sound about right ?

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Good, thank you for answer.

Observe the function of thoughts to label experience. Really helps if you close your eyes and notice how it works: sound is heard, thoughts label, sensation arises, thoughts label, it's like a non stop labelling device that works on automatic.

Notice this: I breathe- there is no breather, just a label. You can say breathing happens.
I hear- is there a hearer?
I notice- is there a noticer?
I observe- is there an observer?

Return to “ARCHIVES”