Postby Orangeblosso » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:37 pm
1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?
no to both of those questions
2) Describe how the illusion of an independent, self came into being by giving examples from actual experience. From language and concepts an illusion was created that there was a separate me. I cannot recall the initial experience but I can see how our language has led to this thought of I, mine, my was created.
Then give some experiential examples of how life changed for you after seeing through this illusion.there is less judgement and confusion about how “I” was supposed to be. Increased noticing and seeing of how this body moves without instruction and how there is no controller controlling anything.
3) How does it feel to see this? A relief. Less heaviness.
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
Before I started this dialogue I was unsure if I had not seen something as I was confused by low energy states, perhaps an expectation that these would fall away. That is no longer An expectation.
4) Can you remember any specific inquiry that resulted in an epiphany? ..a before and after seeing the actuality of the Self. Was there a point when you ‘got it’?
I think it helped to understand that there is only this actual moment and fresh thought is possible. And that the low state feeling was a conditioned habit that can be disrupted as you have taught me.
5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? Intellectually I gather it is a brain that sends the commands to this mind body. Yet that is just another thought created concept. So it all remains a mystery. There is no self Controlling this. It just appears.
Give examples from your own recent experiences to how these things happen and how they work.
They just happen. Appear in experience.
b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.
Nothing. That would be another thought-creation. There is no self To be ‘responsible’ when looking, just thoughts and sensations…this life-ing experience .
6) Anything to add? Not at the moment. 🙂