Requesting guide JonathanR

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Matty318

Re: Requesting guide JonathanR

Postby Matty318 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Who / what "unlocks"?
this is a metaphor for a process that just happens , this is a happening between thought "i am a seperate self suffering" to the seeing that the foundation of that previous thought is non existant due to the fact that the idea of a me is an assumption of thought. So nothing unlocks it just appears.
What is it , exactly, that is "unlocked"?
The mental catch of the idea of a sepearate self that is an entity.
How does this unlocking happen?
As above it just appears as a seeing, there is no process , there is no controller operating this process.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:23 am

Hi Matt

Thanks for the great clarification on question 1)

So now let's take a look at question 5...
I just wrote a load of text referring to stable and unstable mental states and the need to change etc but I then deleted it all as it occurred to me that in fact what is control pointing to? It is pointing to an illusory set of behaviours that some may label as control and others not based on different assumptions and labels to what the label of control is deemed as.
So my answer to this is control is some peoples diagnosis and labelling to what is happening. It is communication whether internal or external and a label that some may attach to a certain story.
I may be off track with this answer please confirm if so.
Could you give an example, (preferably from your everyday life rather than theory) of where, conventionally, it might be said that "I control" (something, events, whatever)? Obviously you have just said that control is an illusory set of behaviours but try to find an example or situation today in which 'control' appears to happen . Describe how it is seen now.

Could you do this for 'choice' and 'decision' too please? Some sort of example from actual experience which reveals what's going on (or not going on)? Thanks Matt.

All the best

Jon

Matty318

Postby Matty318 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Hi Jon,

OK sure of course , it seems that kepping on track here is the order of the day , it appears we got off course her somewhat!!

Control,

Control is a set of thoughts and assumptions that is very similar to sense of self. eg.i control the car when driving. Reality is the car is driven and all processes that are done simultaneously are carried out in an automatic fashion in order for this to happen , control happens before thought comes after and claims the control.

Or i control the sweet cupboard , a set of rules are set for accees to the cupboard , rules are adhered to or broken and I am in control of the project. Reality is communication happens and then life happens , actions happen by household members and actions happen by me regardless of rules being broken or adhered to. These things happen spontaneously with the flow of life.

Choice.

Choosing happens , the choice of do i go to see a customer now or tomorrow? Commentary happens and discusses the pros and cons of each scenario , the moment i need to turn right to not see the customer or left to see the customer approaces and without any further commentary i turn right , the customer will be seen tomorrow - commentary and choice/decision are not aligned as convincing as they seem to be one and the same, the choice is made automatically at the time before thought and commentary make that decision.

Decision

A decision was made to go swimming this evening with a new group , although i have been round the houses in terms of attempting to attend twice before christmas , both time something came up and have had numerous emails discussing different isuues since a decion was made that i will join the group. The initial decision was never thought , it was known that this was the correct course. Decisions arent always this clearly seen before thought claiming the glory but independant they are.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:09 pm

Hi Matt,

Great examples!
Love the image of 'controlling the sweet cupboard' !

Ok I would like to invite other guides to take a look at your answers now, to see if they might have further questions. They might take a day or two to respond.

Jon

Matty317

Postby Matty317 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:31 am

Hi Jon.

Ok that's all good. Thanks very much.

Matt

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi Matt,

Guides have looked at your answers and don't have any further questions.

I think that you will receive a message or email from an LU admin in the next couple of days, so you may like to look out for that.

Also , it's likely that our conversation here will be moved to the Archive section of the Forum .

I'm going to message you independently anyway.

All the best Matt, thanks for the opportunity to walkwith you in this journey .

Jon

Return to “ARCHIVES”