Selfless Living?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Bananafish

Re: Selfless Living?

Postby Bananafish » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

My pleasure! :)

While "letting it sit", can you revisit these questions?

1. Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you
responsible for? Give examples from experience.

2. What is "mind"?

emptyself

Postby emptyself » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm

While "letting it sit", can you revisit these questions?

1. Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you
responsible for? Give examples from experience.
What I have seen very clearly is that the "self" is nothing other than imagination - it is the world of thought. For all intents and purposes it is similar to a dream. It has no existence whatsoever. Therefore, there is no decision, no intention, choice or control. These are all just thoughts and within the illusion of the self they seem to be true. Once it is seen that there is no self, it is very clear that everything is just happening. What makes things happen? Who knows - that is still a mystery. There is no agent doing anything that can be identified. Without "selfing" there is just an experience of life happening. however, this is far from so kind of nihilistic experience. It feels wonderfully free.

With regards to responsibility:

"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water". From this point of view. This morning I still cooked breakfast for the family, went to work, drove my car responsibly. There was no self there do those things before or after. I was not in control of responsibility before - it just happened - as it does now. As said, this is not nihilistic where i suddenly think I can do anything now - it doesn't matter.

2. What is "mind"?
It is another illusion. There is no mind. Thoughts just arise just as perceptions arise, just as sounds arise etc. There is no self to have a "mind".

Without the dream of a self, there is just a wonderful clarity. On some level nothing changes, on another level everything changes.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Thanks! I feel it's time to have our thread checked by other guides.
Please wait for a while. Enjoy, and let it sink.

Peace,

Bananafish

emptyself

Postby emptyself » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks! I feel it's time to have our thread checked by other guides.
Please wait for a while. Enjoy, and let it sink.
OK - thanks

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi again!

My peer guides have no questions, which means you're through.
Congratulations, emptyself. :)

I will send you a private message, so please have a look.
It was a sheer joy to guide you through. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Bananafish

Return to “ARCHIVES”