Inside buzz

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Smerfie

Re: Inside buzz

Postby Smerfie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Jon,

Yes of course. So in the morning when I was getting ready to leave "I" was deciding whether to wear shoes or sandals and eventually opted for sandals. On close examination there is no I that decides, movement occurs and hands pick out sandals but at no point can an actual self be located who made the choice.

It is the same with all other decisions as well. When one looks for a self that decides it cannot be found. It seems as if there is a self that wills movement and if I take a moment a conduct an experiment where say I want to move my right hand, if I observe from awareness then movement just occurs and the arm moves but there is nothing that drives this movement.

Is this what you meant?

Regards,

Anna

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Anna,

That is exactly what I meant. Thank you.

I'd like to invite the other guides to take a look at our conversation now. Sometimes, but not always, they come up with further helpful questions. I will let you know as and when they respond but it should not be too long. Maybe a day or two at the most.

regards,

Jon

Smerfie

Postby Smerfie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Jon,

Thank you, thats absolutely fine.

Kind Regards,

Anna

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Dear Anna,

You don't need anyone to tell you that you are through the gateless gate but it is very nice to be able to let you know that the guides were unanimously delighted with all your answers!

How lovely it has been to read your posts each time. Thank you. Your answers to the final questions were inspiring.

This is the end of our chat here at LU Gate but I will Private Message you with various details about what happens now. Please be sure to pick up that message as this thread will shortly be moved to the Archive section of the forum.

You can find PMs at the top of this page on the blue header, near your forum name.there is a small white envelope icon.

Wishing you the very best and speak soon.

Jon

Return to “ARCHIVES”