I'm ready

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Garsius Tyla

Re: I'm ready

Postby Garsius Tyla » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 am

That's a tough question, not sure what you mean by "drive"? Asking what "drives" people? has a different meaning to me then what drives clouds?. But there is nothing I see which drives existence, everything is interdependent. The tree can't survive without the sun, the insects without the tree, etc etc...
Can you find "driver" anywhere? Behind tree, cloud, man, inside?
When Im looking, I see only well working mechanism of life, what do you see?

Kris

Postby Kris » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Can you find "driver" anywhere? Behind tree, cloud, man, inside?
When Im looking, I see only well working mechanism of life, what do you see?[/quote]

I agree, as I said I don't see anything driving existence. In nature everything flows naturally as it should. In the forest nothing is out of place or not orderly. It all just is. I suppose without the ME judging, labeling and resisting each moment, life would also freely flow through a human body.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 pm

I suppose without the ME judging, labeling and resisting each moment, life would also freely flow through a human body.
What is that ME in reality?
I see ME only when thought with "ME" in it come. What is in your case? Anything else there can be found, that represent that ME?

This is not a task to "kill" that ME. This is a task to see simple fact, that there was no ME ever.
Observe more, be sure.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 am

How are you Kris? What is there?

Kris

Postby Kris » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 pm

I don't want to post when I have nothing new to say, and of course there are billion questions I've already asked, but it seems intellectual understanding didn't and won't bring me one step closer to this. I'm still very wrapped up in my ego and the self, and can spend literally days in this cocoon of thoughts/emotions and self which feel very separate. When I look for the self of course I can't find it, but even the act of looking seems to belong to a separate entity.
My mind is almost like a machine, it can replay a moment or a situation over and over in my head, that there doesn't even seem space to stop and notice it. It's complete auto pilot.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:57 pm

To make our interaction successful I would suggest you to post at least once per day. Don't worry about me - I'm all yours here. Bring it all that come. Let's make even some loops with those questions - we need to find a way out.

Situation as I see it now.

1. You are identified with your thoughts.
Can you observe a thought at the middle of its way to your awareness?
Can you predict what your next thought will be?
Can your thought think? Or it is just expressing what is?
Can you see a thought is just a separate form?

2. You can not realise that looking is just like thought - separate form, "light" of awareness.
Can you control your awareness? Can you predict, when it gonna turn on, or off? Who turn on your attention. Direction of it?
Investigate, how awareness/attention work. What drive it? Anyone behind that?
My mind is almost like a machine, it can replay a moment or a situation over and over in my head, that there doesn't even seem space to stop and notice it. It's complete auto pilot.
I like that machine - what a wonderful tool! But it must be a tool always, not a master. If mind ( collection of thoughts, habits, moods etc. ) is not believed that is actual you, then it is just okey, part of the show.

Kris

Postby Kris » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm

To make our interaction successful I would suggest you to post at least once per day. Don't worry about me - I'm all yours here.
cool, I will try to do that, thank you!
Can you observe a thought at the middle of its way to your awareness?
Can you predict what your next thought will be?
Can your thought think? Or it is just expressing what is?
Can you see a thought is just a separate form?
No, to me it seems like I'm observing my thoughts almost after they happen. I'm basically thinking about my thoughts not observing. I just realized that, I've read enough to know that's not what's required but it seems to me that's where I am right now.
Can not predict my exact thought, although I can predict a pattern. If I was anxious about a future event for example I know the mind will re-run the same fears over and over in my head.
The thought can not think, it is the thinking itself...wow...I just typed that and could sense the mind doesn't know what to do with that statement. very quiet.

Can you control your awareness? Can you predict, when it gonna turn on, or off? Who turn on your attention. Direction of it? Investigate, how awareness/attention work. What drive it? Anyone behind that?
Well, it seems so....I can decided what to turn my attention to. I can pick up a book, listen to music and the attention will be on something else, although....... it doesn't matter what I do the pure attention is there, always there!

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Okey, it is time to dig deeper.
No, to me it seems like I'm observing my thoughts almost after they happen. I'm basically thinking about my thoughts not observing. I just realized that, I've read enough to know that's not what's required but it seems to me that's where I am right now.
Yes, correct. Look more closely at that process: thought arise - > awareness registering it -> thought judging it, or some kind of blank thought is putted like stone for some time -> mood/feeling -> attention goes somewhere else -> new thought come. Is that right? Look for some time. So all: thought, attention, blank thought ( as I call it ) are just forms that arise as programmed, right? What else is there? Anyone doing that, or all that is just happening by itself?
Can not predict my exact thought, although I can predict a pattern.
But that prediction is one more thought, right? On more programmed thinking pattern as a result of spiritual practice. Can you see that, is it true?
The thought can not think, it is the thinking itself...wow...I just typed that and could sense the mind doesn't know what to do with that statement
Yes, new external thought was given for awareness, there was not any programmed answer, so thoughts stopped for awhile.
I can pick up a book, listen to music
Are you sure? When you say: "I can pick something" what that point to? Investigate how thoughts, or external stimuli call for awareness to happen, for attention to be directed to some form. When I look at this all, I see all this happen automatically: thought "I want to read" come -> attention to book case happen -> thought "better I would go to bath" arise -> if no stronger thought arise, my legs carry me to some certain place... and so on. What else, behind thought/mood can direct your attention? Investigate every your movement, how that happening? Is there a place where that "you" can be found?
it doesn't matter what I do the pure attention is there, always there!
What is that "pure attention"? What is that, if drop all ideas, you read about that before? Your direct experience? Expeerience just NOW, this moment? Look, Truth is very simple, it is what you have NOW. Investigate in relaxed way, but look behind ALL ideas, all thoughts. What is there?

Kris

Postby Kris » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:35 am

What is that "pure attention"? What is that, if drop all ideas, you read about that before? Your direct experience? Expeerience just NOW, this moment? Look, Truth is very simple, it is what you have NOW. Investigate in relaxed way, but look behind ALL ideas, all thoughts. What is there?
Later in the day after reading these questions, I just happen to be thinking about my childhood, my old friends, when I realized "I' never existed "then" .... I still don't know who this "I" is but for few minutes I didn't have a slightest doubt that it would be impossible for me to exist "then". Also I became very detached from these memories as if they have never happened to me. It's actually difficult to explain the feeling.... regardless I can see that I can only exist now. But the constant feeling which I take to be me, runs my life from the perspective of "then" and "in the future".

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

Kris

You never existed, nor then, nor now, nor after. Just a belief. So you have nothing to loose.

Can you investigate, how that belief happened? How come, that illusion of self was formed?
What is that false "I" in real? What keep carrying it?

So, how does it feel to be liberated?

Kris

Postby Kris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 am

Kris
So, how does it feel to be liberated?
HA! I wish I knew :)

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 am

Okey. Then sharo focus on main thing:

Do you exist in any shape, or form?