I want to be me. Who am I?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
ivannarebel

I want to be me. Who am I?

Postby ivannarebel » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:50 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?

Perhaps that there is no predetermined self, that the self develops always in interaction with the world. Perhaps it means we are all one energy.

What are you looking for at LU?

I am looking for new understanding of the self, a new perspective on what it means to have a human experience, and separation from enculturated beliefs that I've developed through life. I feel some resonance with what I've heard from LU, but I do not understand.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?

From a guided conversation, I expect a respectful dialogue that helps me think about things in new ways. I expect support and I expect challenges. I expect growth and I expect appreciation for the gift of knowledge.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?

I was raised Catholic and practiced until my mid-twenties when I began a personal journey of spiritual practices. I have practiced yoga since my early twenties. I believe I am now forming a new spiritual community and continuing to develop my own practices.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

warissem

Re: I want to be me. Who am I?

Postby warissem » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am

Hi Ivan

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to take a ride with you and help you to see that a separate self is an illusion.

There are some rules to respect before we begin the exploration :

You read the disclaimer text and agree
You learn how to use the quote function
You engage yourself to give a reply every two days at least.
You engage to do the exercises as they are meant to be done
You have to be honest and answer from direct experience not from what you learnt, read or heard. I want firt hand answers with your own words. If you don't understand what is "direct experience", let me know.
Put aside all your books, audios and videos about spirituality, advaita, religion, ... during this dialog.

Before starting the dialog, I want to know about your expectations :

What are you expecting to change after seeing that there is no you, no separate self?
What will change in your everyday life?
What are you expecting to see ?

NB :Please, give a separate answer for each question.

Warissem

Return to “THE GATE”