Would be great to awaken, if appropriate :)

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Akhilesh

Would be great to awaken, if appropriate :)

Postby Akhilesh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:55 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
The separate self is a construct of the mind (a sixth sense). It is created using layers of beliefs, thoughts and perceptions. It is not eternal. There is a ubiquitous Consciousness that emanates/illuminates each point of existence (a body-mind) and this illumination is the overall experience....every other experience is just mind-labels.

What are you looking for at LU?
help in focusing on the "I am" thought and thereby leading to the one experience that is real: the emanation of consciousness in my body-mind. Looking to awaken to a deep level realization that all consciousness is one and all existence is just consciousness.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Guided self inquiry, perhaps some pointers on what to focus on as I get my mind out of the way :)
Would prefer someone who has a deep level realization already of consciousness and the single experience which is labeled continuously by the mind as different experiences, who has experience in the unconditional love , which is the root emotion.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
read autobiography of a yogi as a teenager, tried some kriya toga in India, then read Seth books at age 22 , had a deep mental revelation that our "Divine self" chooses everything that happens to us, then did Kriya Yoga for a few years from age 49 to now (am 53) , Kundalini rising to heart and above, got into non-dualistic self inquiry from a vedantic standpoint and am pursuing that now as well as weekly kundalini style mediation.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

warissem

Re: Would be great to awaken, if appropriate :)

Postby warissem » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi Akhilesh

Glad to see you in the forum. My name is Warissem and I may help you see through the illusion of a separate self.
There are some rules to respect :

Show your motivation by sending your replies once a day. If you can't just let me know.
Be as honest as you can to look at direct experience before giving any answer to my questions.
Learn how to use the quote function.
Stop reading books, listening to audios, watching videos about spirituality, enlightenment, non duality, ...
Give your faith to this process all along

If you are OK with this and ready, let me know.

Warissem

Return to “THE GATE”