Shut the Gate

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Vivien

Re: Shut the Gate

Postby Vivien » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:24 am

Hi Nelson,

I’m going to react to this for the sake for those who might be reading this:
I suppose I can understand your need to be so skeptical, given the nature of forums, but I think a basic degree of trust in the person you're working with goes a long way to having a successful inquiry.
It’s not about me trusting you. It’s about that you cannot trust what you perceive to be your experience.

The whole illusion is created by mistaking thoughts for experience.

And you might see the difference between the experience of coffee and thinking about coffee, but as long as there are moments of taking the self to be real, the content of thoughts are not seen to be only thoughts, rather taken to be real, taken to be experience.

Also, as long as there even the slightest resistance to what is, wanting it to be any other way than how it is in the moment, thoughts are taken to be real.

It’s all about thoughts. It’s all about not seeing clearly the difference between thoughts and experience.
The human species suffers from the affliction of taking their thoughts for reality.
Paradoxically, whilst the inquiry hasn't gone so well, I feel I've benefited from the process all the same. I feel I've more clarity now than I did at the start, so I'm grateful for that.

Thank you sincerely for your time and effort.
I’m glad you’ve found some benefit it our conversation.

All the best,
Vivien
The most profound discoveries arise from questioning the obvious.

Blog: https://fadingveiling.com/

Return to “THE GATE”