Wanting to know the truth of our reality

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Bananafish

Re: Wanting to know the truth of our reality

Postby Bananafish » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 pm

they bubble up into a knowing of their existence as a part of my awareness. The perceptions enter the space of my awareness.

Could you elaborate on what "space of my awareness" is? What is it, upon it's direct observation
that doesn't go through thinking process?
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.
Email: swinganova@hotmail.co.jp

skb

Postby skb » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Could you elaborate on what "space of my awareness" is?

Looking now its like a knowing of things happening. Or not necessarily a knowing but it's stuff happening, I just tried to look for this space of awareness to see if I could locate it and can't really find anything.

There is the field of experience, all the things happening but I'm not a container for it. It just is there.

I've spent a fair bit of time looking to see it this afternoon and felt some sort of expansion not sure how to describe it. Lack of a barrier for a moment, connection in some way.

I also just noticed your signature on here and you mention you're up for zoom chats with people. I would love to get to talk to you about all this stuff if you have the time. I know it's a weird time for everyone right now so no stress at all if the timing isn't great.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:00 pm

I've spent a fair bit of time looking to see it this afternoon and felt some sort of expansion not sure how to describe it. Lack of a barrier for a moment, connection in some way.

Have your perception of reality change with it? Would you say that a certain shift has happened?

I also just noticed your signature on here and you mention you're up for zoom chats with people. I would love to get to talk to you about all this stuff if you have the time. I know it's a weird time for everyone right now so no stress at all if the timing isn't great.

I'd love to do that, skb. Just drop me a message and we can fix the date.
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:22 pm

I'm not sure a shift has happened yet. There feels to be a recognition of a larger self when I look but It's seems I may be thinking that without realizing it.

Sounds great thanks so much! I really really appreciate all your guidance in this. It means a lot :)

I'm deep in a project with an upcoming deadline but I'll email you next week and set something up.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:52 pm

I'm not sure a shift has happened yet. There feels to be a recognition of a larger self when I look but It's seems I may be thinking that without realizing it.

Yes, that remark of yours shows that you're not clear. Let's have a look at that "larger self"
really exist other than as a thought.

Could you tell how you perceive the "larger sel"?

Sounds great thanks so much! I really really appreciate all your guidance in this. It means a lot :)

I'm deep in a project with an upcoming deadline but I'll email you next week and set something up.

It's really kind of you to tell that, skb. :) Yes, please let me know when you have time.
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Hey! Sorry for the absence.

How do I perceive the larger self?

It’s like when I look my mind goes pretty blank and there’s like a translucent field around me in all directions. And I think there’s a wanting to recognize it as myself in a way. It’s like people say that once you see the truth you can’t unseen it and whenever you look for it it’s there. This field is always there when I look so I think I was thinking myself into it being a part of me or some larger self. But I don’t really know where to go from here.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:13 pm

HI skb, no worries!

And I think there’s a wanting to recognize it as myself in a way.

Where does this want come from? Are the fruits of this inquiry an end in itself, or do you
expect it to bring something pleasurable to you?

I think I was thinking myself into it being a part of me or some larger self. But I don’t really know where to go from here.

There is always a way to go. :)

there’s like a translucent field around me in all directions

Please elaborate. How is this felt, and who is the one that feels it?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Where does this want come from? Are the fruits of this inquiry an end in itself, or do you
expect it to bring something pleasurable to you?

I think I expect it to bring some kind of realization. I don't know if I expect it to bring me pleasure but I do expect it to bring some sort of clarity or understanding about what the truth is of this strange existence we live. I feel like operating from a place of truth will be easier or life will be easier to navigate than operating from a place of ignorance or not knowing. I think seeing truthfully is in a way the next step of my life or personal development but maybe that's misguided.

There is always a way to go. :)

Well that's good to hear :)

there’s like a translucent field around me in all directions .... Please elaborate. How is this felt, and who is the one that feels it?

It happens pretty much every time I look closely at my experience. I can see faint translucent shapes moving around, it's all very light,blurry and fast. When it's noticed there feels like a widening of visual perspective and my peripheral vision engages a bit more and the focusing of vision relaxes a bit. The observation of it brings out a curiosity of what it is which maybe leads to thinking about what it could be.

As to who's observing if I think about it it feels like I'm observing it but there's not a lot of processing there so if I don't think about it when it's happening it's kinda of just being observed but there is a bit of feeling of it being part of my mental processes since it's also there if I close my eyes so it doesn''t feel like it's part of the world but something else. But I guess that comes when I think about it not before the just oberserving.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 pm

HI. :)

I feel like operating from a place of truth will be easier or life will be easier to navigate than operating from a place of ignorance or not knowing. I think seeing truthfully is in a way the next step of my life or personal development but maybe that's misguided.

What if life becomes more difficult? That was, to say the least, part of my experience; as it forces
you to face issues that is revealed by that realization.

And what if there are no "next step" or "personal development" at all?
Would you still want to know truth?

It happens pretty much every time I look closely at my experience. I can see faint translucent shapes moving around, it's all very light,blurry and fast. When it's noticed there feels like a widening of visual perspective and my peripheral vision engages a bit more and the focusing of vision relaxes a bit. The observation of it brings out a curiosity of what it is which maybe leads to thinking about what it could be.

Ok, please appreciate the experience and say goodbye to it; however great an experience, it's
a mere memory when remembered. We are not dealing with memory, but what is present ... things
that are here in thins moment. Nothing else.

As to who's observing if I think about it it feels like I'm observing it but there's not a lot of processing there so if I don't think about it when it's happening it's kinda of just being observed but there is a bit of feeling of it being part of my mental processes since it's also there if I close my eyes so it doesn''t feel like it's part of the world but something else. But I guess that comes when I think about it not before the just oberserving.

Could you condense that into a short sentence?
Who is the one that feels it?

Kento
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:36 pm

What if life becomes more difficult? That was, to say the least, part of my experience; as it forces
you to face issues that is revealed by that realization.

And what if there are no "next step" or "personal development" at all?
Would you still want to know truth?

Yes for sure. I'm okay if difficulty comes out of it, or there is no development or next step . I deeply want the truth and then I can operate from there.

———

As for condensing the above.

There's just observing the world as things are. Before everything else it's just experiencing.

As per who is the one that feels it? Without thoughts again things just are as they are and there's no self required for seeing to happen. Me seems to exist after the seeing when the thinking happens.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi. :)

Yes for sure. I'm okay if difficulty comes out of it, or there is no development or next step . I deeply want the truth and then I can operate from there.

Great to hear that!

There's just observing the world as things are. Before everything else it's just experiencing.

As per who is the one that feels it? Without thoughts again things just are as they are and there's no self required for seeing to happen. Me seems to exist after the seeing when the thinking happens.

Who is the one that knows all this?
Please bear with the repetition; I'm doing it deliberately. :)

Best wishes,

Kento
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Without thoughts again things just are as they are and there's no self required for seeing to happen. Me seems to exist after the seeing when the thinking happens.

Who is the one that knows all this?

Good question. Hmm what is knowing this. I actually don't know if I truly know (or believe) the above 100% but I also can't seem to find anyone or thing knowing of anything in the moment. Things are kinda just known in the moment they're known or thought up. There sort of just is knowing but then knowing is kinda just thinking. Or I guess there's a knowing of thinking but as to who's doing the knowing I don't find anything instead the realization of thinking sort of just happens.

Please bear with the repetition; I'm doing it deliberately. :)

It's all good, thanks for the heads up ;)

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Good question. Hmm what is knowing this. I actually don't know if I truly know (or believe) the above 100% but I also can't seem to find anyone or thing knowing of anything in the moment. Things are kinda just known in the moment they're known or thought up. There sort of just is knowing but then knowing is kinda just thinking. Or I guess there's a knowing of thinking but as to who's doing the knowing I don't find anything instead the realization of thinking sort of just happens.

See lots of thoughts about things happening here? :)
Who is the one that knows these?

This time, don't think over it, but just point to the place where thinking is happening.
Where did you point too?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:36 pm

See lots of thoughts about things happening here? :)
Who is the one that knows these?

Haha yeah lots of thinking after the fact. Who does know these? My insides kinda quietly yell out "ME" when I ask that question but then where is that me?

This time, don't think over it, but just point to the place where thinking is happening.
Where did you point too?

Well there's a feeling of it happening in the head but if I don't think I point outwards towards the world. Which is surprising.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi. :)

Well there's a feeling of it happening in the head but if I don't think I point outwards towards the world. Which is surprising.

NIce surprise. :) Could you tell what makes lousy that its "outside"?
the date.

Return to “THE GATE”