Seems I could use a hand here

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Raquelflight

Re: Seems I could use a hand here

Postby Raquelflight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:04 am

Hello Luchana,

Sorry. sometimes I feel I don't have anything new to say.

how is it going?

Are you still up for this?
yes, i'm up for this!

Well, I had a couple of quiet days, and when I first looked at the sutta, I felt....Yes! Its so clear!And perfect, and contains all the teaching one needs! I also had a longer lasting now....for a few hours. if that makes sense to you.

Then, a little busy these last days, but, going through it line by line......it seems some clarity is now missing.

I'm not sure what "cognized" means, even though I have looked it up several times.Does it mean think? some definitions say "know"

Then, "there is no thing here"........there is "no thing" experiencing?...as in , "no me"? because,with the senses, there are experiences of things. so experiences of things means there are things. so, it is pointing to "I" am not a thing?

I feel its so strange a couple of days ago I had no doubt about the meaning.

I will keep going through it.

Thank you!

Tannis

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi Tannis.
yes, i'm up for this!
Glad to read it. I have a feeling that your initial impulse is a little lessened.
It is common and is ok, if that happen.
It's good to know that distraction together with resistance and fear show up when we do investigations like this.
I'm not sure what "cognized" means, even though I have looked it up several times.Does it mean think? some definitions say "know"
Although English is not my native language the closest word to "cognized" for me is also know.
Then, "there is no thing here"........there is "no thing" experiencing?...as in , "no me"? because,with the senses, there are experiences of things. so experiences of things means there are things. so, it is pointing to "I" am not a thing?
Very good question actually, let's find out togehter.

What is Tannis?
Is Tannis a thing?
What is real/alive?
Is it the body or is it Tannis?

Is there a ‘me’ that is supposedly experiencing experience?

or

is there only experience, happening to noone?

Dig deep into these questions. Don't just look them once or twice and don't think about the answer.

LOOK. It is not hidden. It is all here.

Much love,
Luchana
Remember. You're dreaming.

Raquelflight

Postby Raquelflight » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 am

Hello Luchana,
I have a feeling that your initial impulse is a little lessened.
This is the most important thing, though it's hard to say other things are not of some weight.....making a living, dinner, taking care of family.....

I had a bad couple of days. I will mention to you in case it is anything. I was agitated, couldn't sleep well, then became upset with someone, and felt very.....indignant, and outraged by their behaviour. I felt possessed, and am still getting out of this kind of cloud of victim thought attack.

I was so excited to find this website! I am so lucky. Thank you for all your help and time. I do feel bad that you have to repeatedly ask me the same things. Sometimes I think I'll have a better response if I wait another day.

What is Tannis?
No thing....a bunch of ideas, memories, worries. Though, it is not just "my" thoughts making up Tannis.......there is the support of a lot of people who have been in contact with (Tannis)me, and all of their thoughts.

Is Tannis a thing?
No. No thing here or there.

What is real/alive?
The body is alive, real.

Is it the body or is it Tannis?
Ok, oh, I feel a big relief. It's just the body. That makes the body much more relaxed! To think there is no tannis.

Is there a ‘me’ that is supposedly experiencing experience?
There is "supposedly " a me. Again, an idea that is supported by so many.......others.

But, in answer , there is no me......nothing except experiencing.

Or

is there only experience, happening to noone?

ThEre is only experience, happening to no one.

LOOK. It is not hidden. It is all here.
Yes, it's here. Where else would it be?

Thank you,

Tannis

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi Tannus,
I had a bad couple of days. I will mention to you in case it is anything. I was agitated, couldn't sleep well, then became upset with someone, and felt very.....indignant, and outraged by their behaviour. I felt possessed, and am still getting out of this kind of cloud of victim thought attack.
Everyone has such experiences. And when that happen it is usefull not just look for the self, but look for the self who is possessed, the self who is agitated, who became upset. Look for this one.
Who or what can be victim of a thought attack?

What it is this that can be possessed?
WHo or what is still getting out of this kind of cloud of victim thought attack?

I was so excited to find this website! I am so lucky. Thank you for all your help and time. I do feel bad that you have to repeatedly ask me the same things. Sometimes I think I'll have a better response if I wait another day.
You are welcome. It is ok to have time and than reply.
The question is -is it helpig you?
Are you spending time looking or you spend it into thinking?
No thing....a bunch of ideas, memories, worries. Though, it is not just "my" thoughts making up Tannis.......there is the support of a lot of people who have been in contact with (Tannis)me, and all of their thoughts.
So, thoughts have exrta power? To make things?

And what is this that can own thoughts?

Where is its physical location precisely?
To think there is no tannis.
Thinking is DEAD END.
It's not enough to just think.

Where is this I in this very moment when you not thinking about it.
Here, there, somewhere?
There is "supposedly " a me. Again, an idea that is supported by so many.......others.
Can you literally observe how the idea of me is supported by so many others?
Or it is just pure imagination?
ThEre is only experience, happening to no one.
Is this comming from experience or it is just because you think this is the answer?

See, in this investigation we learn to distinguish between what we experience and what we think about experience.

Can you see the difference?

So is there a real me, Tannis - an independent entity who can choose and decide?

YES ot NO?

Take your time and look really with determination how is it in reality.

Much love,
Luchana

Raquelflight

Postby Raquelflight » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:14 am

Hello Luchana,

Ok.

Lots to look at.

I will take more time to look at these.

Thank you,

Tannis

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Sure, take your time.

Much love,
Luchana

Raquelflight

Postby Raquelflight » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:27 am

Hello Luchana,

Who or what can be victim of a thought attack?
No one, nothing can be a victim of any thoughts........they are not real.

What it is this that can be possessed?
Nothing, and no one can be possessed. It's a dream. Imaginary.

WHo or what is still getting out of this kind of cloud of victim thought attack?
No one, and nothing is escaping the cloud of thoughts attacking.
The question is -is it helpig you?
yes. There is increasing clarity, and time just being. Wait, what do you think? You have more experience here I guess.
Are you spending time looking or you spend it into thinking?
I want to say all my time is spent looking. I spend more and more time just , in experiencing now, but, I haven't stopped thinking........ok. NO no no thinking!
So, thoughts have exrta power? To make things?

No. Thoughts are powerless. They are not real! They can't "do" anything.
Nothing can own thoughts. Nothing can control thoughts. Thoughts do not mean anything.
Nothing can own a thought. No one can own a thought. Or keep a thought.

Where is its physical location precisely?
It's nowhere. No one.

Where is this I in this very moment when you not thinking about it.
It's nowhere. It's nowhere when not thinking about it, or thinking about it, still nowhere. It doesn't exist.
Here, there, somewhere?

No, still cannot be found. Maybe the cat ate her. A tiny little Tannis that used to live in my head, crawled out recently, not sure when, and, now she's gone. Oh well.
Can you literally observe how the idea of me is supported by so many others?
No. That's an excuse.
Or it is just pure imagination?
It only in the mind. It's imaginary. Pure imagination.

But, now I see/ feel some resistance, as, if "I" am not existing, there is some fear for my children.

It's ok. They are just life too.
Is this comming from experience or it is just because you think this is the answer?
Re: there is only experience happening to no one.
Ans: there is just experience. There is no one .

See, in this investigation we learn to distinguish between what we experience and what we think about experience.

Can you see the difference?
Yes. Stop thinking. I can see the difference.
So is there a real me, Tannis - an independent entity who can choose and decide?
No.there is just this.

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi Tannis,

yes. There is increasing clarity, and time just being. Wait, what do you think? You have more experience here I guess.
Beautiful, enjoy this. But keep looking and checking the reality, check what is real and what is imaginary (looking through the illusion) is very much the key. Once is seen, it cannot be unseen. The seeing and knowing becomes factual. But it doesn't mean that illusion/the self will never be taken as something real at any moment. It's just about being able to see it every time when it's looked at. But in the next moment (of not looking) the self might be taken real and when checked again, it's clear that it's not there. So looking and looking and more looking is my experience.
No, still cannot be found. Maybe the cat ate her. A tiny little Tannis that used to live in my head, crawled out recently, not sure when, and, now she's gone. Oh well.
:-) A good sense of humor is always a plus.
I want to say all my time is spent looking. I spend more and more time just , in experiencing now, but, I haven't stopped thinking........ok. NO no no thinking!

So, who or what is worried about thinking?

Is there an expectation that thinking will stop? Why would ?

We are not trying to stop thinking here, it would be utter impossibility. We are just looking at what is real, regardless of thinking.

But, now I see/ feel some resistance, as, if "I" am not existing, there is some fear for my children.
I understand you. This resistance is doing its job well. Just thank it and say that it is time to rest.

Even now there is no I and everything is taken care of.

Look into nature. Look how mothers take care about their small ones.

Is it possible to be other way?

Much love,
Luchana

Raquelflight

Postby Raquelflight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:32 am

Hello Luchana,
Beautiful, enjoy this. But keep looking and checking the reality, check what is real and what is imaginary (looking through the illusion) is very much the key. Once is seen, it cannot be unseen. The seeing and knowing becomes factual. But it doesn't mean that illusion/the self will never be taken as something real at any moment. It's just about being able to see it every time when it's looked at. But in the next moment (of not looking) the self might be taken real and when checked again, it's clear that it's not there. So looking and looking and more looking is my experience.
Well, this is exactly what happens, but, as I keep looking, and noticing it, it is happening less, or, I am- "just experiencing "- more. Also, I used to not attempt it when I was engaged in conversation, but now, I can talk to people, and continue to be present, (sometimes!) and looking, checking.....".what is really happening NOW?"
Not always, but when I remember to look. Exactly as you say! The self is there again, seeming real....."Oh! When did that happen? What is real now? Check, check again!"

And, It is enjoyable. So much less stress, stress for nothing, that never helped to accomplish anything but .....make suffering! When I looked at the mess in my room last night, I laughed, because, It was just - there. Thats all.Very simple.
No one, it just happens, then leaves. There is no one to worry about it. It's just when, as you said earlier, there is a moment of not looking, not checking, and then , a "thought" that there is too much thinking occurs.

no one.......another thought! And then it's gone.I forgot about it until I read your response today.
Even now there is no I and everything is taken care of.

Look into nature. Look how mothers take care about their small ones.

Is it possible to be other way?
Living as reality, or illusion? I know what would be the best example and presence for my family.

Thank you Luchana!

Tannis

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi Tannis,
And, It is enjoyable. So much less stress, stress for nothing, that never helped to accomplish anything but .....make suffering! When I looked at the mess in my room last night, I laughed, because, It was just - there. Thats all.Very simple.
And I am also laughing :-)
No one, it just happens, then leaves. There is no one to worry about it. It's just when, as you said earlier, there is a moment of not looking, not checking, and then , a "thought" that there is too much thinking occurs.
Exactly.
no one.......another thought! And then it's gone.I forgot about it until I read your response today.
I'm glad that it helpled.
Living as reality, or illusion? I know what would be the best example and presence for my family.
And what happend with the resistance?
Is it still on place?

Can you now look at these questions and check each one in experience:

Is there a doer?
What makes things hapen?

Is there a controller?
Is there anyone to controll whatever is happening?

Is there a chooser?

Is there a decider?

Is there an experiencER at all?

Is there anyone or anything having the experience of whatever is happening?

Is there doubt? Is there something that is not totally clear?

Take your time
Thank you Luchana!
You are most welcome.

Much love,
Luchama

Raquelflight

Postby Raquelflight » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 am

Hello Luchana,
And what happend with the resistance?
Is it still on place?
I felt the resistance was......if there is no "me", no " Tannis", then how could others exist?
what would that mean? How could my children exist?.......then I felt fear and resistance.

Then, I felt relaxation, as the realization that they are......." life", came.

(I do feel that something might be missed. AS with the impression that the "witness" was not the self, but a place to view from)

Can you now look at these questions and check each one in experience:

Is there a doer?
There is no doer, just doing.

What makes things hapen?
I have no idea. .....not ""ME"
Is there a controller?
no ......"er" , that would be an entity, some type of person

Is there anyone to controll whatever is happening?
There is no one........but, i feel, there is more than I know, more than there is the capacity to know now. But, no person.
Is there a chooser?
No chooser

Is there a decider?
no decider
Is there an experiencER at all?

no, no experiencer.
Is there anyone or anything having the experience of whatever is happening?
ING.....there is just experiencing.
Is there doubt? Is there something that is not totally clear?
more and more clear moments. Just seeing, feeling, typing happening, hearing

Thank you,

Tannis

Take your time

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:16 am

Hi Tannis,
I felt the resistance was......if there is no "me", no " Tannis", then how could others exist?
what would that mean? How could my children exist?.......then I felt fear and resistance.

Then, I felt relaxation, as the realization that they are......." life", came.
Beautiful. I can sense this relaxation.

Is there someone to be resposible for life?

Or life is happening the way it is happening regardless thoughts about this happening?
There is no one........but, i feel, there is more than I know, more than there is the capacity to know now. But, no person.

Is it comfortable not knowing what this is?

Yes, there is no controller. And what is / reality / life / existence - is simply here and it can't be denied.

Can you see this?

ING.....there is just experiencing.

more and more clear moments. Just seeing, feeling, typing happening, hearing

lovely!

Please look at this video and see if it is in line with the experience,
You can look and listen it several times. Let me know what you find.

Enjoy:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4eMWtJPr4&t=8s

Much love,
Luchana

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:24 am

Hi Tannis,

hope ypu are ok?
How is going?

Much love,