Gate Gate Paragate

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
lateralus

Gate Gate Paragate

Postby lateralus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:04 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That the self is a construct,thought identity, based on conditioning and not truly a "real" self. This "self" creates distinctions and makes choices based on it's interpretations of what it believes to be true,and not what is actually true. It seems to be an automatic mechanism "running the show" in a state of reaction with survival as it's concern

What are you looking for at LU?
The separate "illusory" self has been "seen through" once before,but identification has seemed to return,so I'm looking to clear up/get clarity on how this is happening. .

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Clarity. Not sure what else to say,loll. .

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Primarily yoga,pranayama,mantra meditation and self inquiry for the past 4 yrs. or so. Had an 'awakening" about 3 1/2 yrs. ago,where the construct was seen through,(more like transcended). There was the experience of void or 'vast" emptiness,timeless,placeless. Lasted for a couple of days,then there was the "return" to the body-person. Talked to a guru and read many spiritual texts afterwards to get understanding which confirmed the experience,but still have residues of confusion.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

lateralus

Re: Gate Gate Paragate

Postby lateralus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Decided to get the LU book and am reading it now. Clarity is happening as I read it,so this thread may not be needed. If it is ok,I would like to work with the book and,if needed,come back to this thread. Ilona did a great job creating this resource,so thank you Ilona and the LU community of supporters. 💖

Return to “THE GATE”