True knowledge is the one which liberates us.

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Vivien

Re: True knowledge is the one which liberates us.

Postby Vivien » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:00 am

All right, have a nice day :)
The most profound discoveries arise from questioning the obvious.

Blog: https://fadingveiling.com/

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Is the fear of losing control still here, or it’s gone?
No the fear is not there now. Only the relaxation is arising knowing the fact that there is nothing I do and in my control, in and out. So, there is no need to get stressed out for anything knowing the fact that everything is happening automatically without anyone's approval.
When walking, what do you do in order for the legs to move?
Are you making walking happen, or it just happens automatically and effortlessly?
As I breath the chest is expanding and relaxing.. when there is itching anywhere on the body, hand goes that place for the itch automatically. The same way when walking legs are moving back and forth automatically. It's applying force back to move the whole body ahead. This process is on it's own there is no walker who is doing this walking. Body is doing what is necessary for the walking just like my finger is moving to the keys on the keyboard automatically.

When you sit down, or stand up, is this something you do, or something that is happening?
No it's not something I am doing.. it's also happening on it's own.. there is need to sit down or stand up.. body is exerting force to stand up or sit down. body is doing it's function necessary to carry out the daily life. It's just that.. simple.
Are you making the sensations happen, or they are there, without anyone or anything making them to be?
There are different kind of sensation body feels.. like in the process of typing i am touching the key on the keyboard.. there is a kind of sensation that i am feeling. This sensation is infact different then the sensation of the touching something different. All the sensation that's happening is happening on it's own.. because there is no part of me in control deciding how a sensation should be felt.. it's there on in own.

When breathing happens, are you making it to happen, or it happens automatically without anyone making it happen?
Breathing happening automatically.. I am not making it happen.. It's happening all the time without any effort.. even in the sleep.

When preparing food, or eating, washing your hands, typing, brushing your teeth, dressing up, are you making the hands move, or the hands just move by themselves?
Hand is moving, leg is moving, finger is moving by themselves.. I am not doing it. There is only thought that I am doing it but in reality it's happening on it's own.. on it's own requirement.

Is there a central controller somewhere in the body, from where strings are pulled to lift the arms, and move the body? Or all of it just happening automatically?
No, there is no central controller.. it's only a unquestioned belief that I am controlling all these function but in actuality when we interrogate it.. all these are happening automatically. All these things are just happening.. we may speculate, build theories about how everything is happening but on experience ground.. it's just happening on it's own.. on it's own requirement.

Vikram

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:52 am

Hi Vikram,

You did a nice investigation.
No the fear is not there now. Only the relaxation is arising knowing the fact that there is nothing I do and in my control, in and out. So, there is no need to get stressed out for anything knowing the fact that everything is happening automatically without anyone's approval.
Is this an intellectual knowing (based on logical conclusion) or is this knowing coming from the experiential recognition of this being the fact?

What is the difference between a happening and a doing?

Look around, all colours are given, they are happening. It’s not that the me-character can choose and make colours that are present into different ones. Or choose not to see green and see pink instead. Colours are happening. Shapes are happening. Sounds are happening.

What about sensations? Are they happening or the me-character doing them?
And how about feelings? Are they something the me-character does or something that is given?

Now look, what is not given?
What is not happening effortlessly and needs your doing?

Is there anything that is not just spontaneously arising?

Is the me-character doing anything in life?
Or is the me-character given? As an idea? Or as a self-directed, autonomous entity?

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Is this an intellectual knowing (based on logical conclusion) or is this knowing coming from the experiential recognition of this being the fact?
It's not only intellectual knowing from logical conclusion rather it's experiential recognition but i would say only glimps of it (I mean it comes and goes). Whenever I try to find me doing any of the things going on or am I in the driver seat controlling any of it I do not find it. But again this self ego reboots and dream of me starts on it's own.
Yes, there is difference between happening doing. Happening doesn't require any doer rather doing require a doer.. a subject and object concept.
hmm.. sensations are also happening.. fan is moving and there is sensation of coolness of air touching my skin. As i type these lines keys of keyboard touching my finger.. the sensation happening on it's own. All these sensations are different without my choice what sensation should feel like something peculiar.
And how about feelings? Are they something the me-character does or something that is given?
Feeling are arising and subsiding on it's own.. be there for sometime and disappear on it's own. Feeling of love, angry, irritation.. it's just happening based on the situation and when I know that it's just happening own it's own and I am not doing it, I be in more control then ever i was.. and this is not something me-character doing it.
I looked and looked and tried to find out if there is somethings not happening effortlessly and require my intervention inside or outside but i didn't find anything. All these happenings in life is happening on it's own.. what I am seeing.. sensation.. tasting.. thinking.. happening automatically. entire bodily functions are happening automatically.
everything is just happening on it's own.. spontaneously arising and subsiding. We struggle a lot, curse our self for not being better, feel sad over our thinking, trying endlessly to control situation, thinking, feeling.. but when i see at this very moment.. I only see feeling, thoughts appearing and disappearing automatically.. It's only a dream of me doing, controlling everything, this me comes when there is thinking and speculating starts.
Didn't find me doing anything at all. I feel like i was in a dream of me.. and with this fact - feeling of surrender is coming but it goes away while going through daily life situation and every time on the busy schedule I stop and look again is it me doing/controlling or is it happening own it's own.
Or is the me-character given? As an idea? Or as a self-directed, autonomous entity?
ummm.. me-character feels like a imaginary character, an imaginary idea of self that wants to have things in control on his own way.. wants to never die.. wants to be happy.. wants to end
suffering.. and what not. How this idea of imaginary self crept in to everyone, who put it in or it is something that came automatically and we started assuming our separate self.. I do not know but yes this me thing is not real if I look into my experiences of now.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:45 am

Hi Vikram,

I thought you were gone since you haven’t replied for more than two weeks. So I picked up another client in your place.
We are all volunteers here, and we have limited amount of time.
suffering.. and what not. How this idea of imaginary self crept in to everyone, who put it in or it is something that came automatically and we started assuming our separate self.. I do not know but yes this me thing is not real if I look into my experiences of now.
That’s good. But it’s not enough to see it only when you look. Especially if you don’t look for days. If you want to succeed in this inquiry, then you have to put in more commitment that you’ve put in so far.

If you cannot commit yourself to post daily, then this type of inquiry might not right for you. It has a momentum, but it runs out when you leave out days. There is another option. I’m going to send you a private message about it.

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 am

Hi Vivien,
But it’s not enough to see it only when you look. Especially if you don’t look for days. If you want to succeed in this inquiry, then you have to put in more commitment that you’ve put in so far
Yes you are right.. and i totally agree to you.. and I am not gonna make any excuse for this.
This is a crazy time for whole world living with the virus around us.. I am doing work from home these days and my office management wants us to complete so many pending things with less number heads in the team.. apart from this there are several other things were going on like family gathering, marriage talks, meetings, home construction and all.. I know these all things will go on with life, but since my father is not around, I have to see all these arrangements by myself.. and so I was hardly able to concentrate as this inquiry require this..

I assure you that this won't be repeating any further and I will make this my 1st priority than anything else now.. I assure you that I will post everyday or two.. max.

Thank you for understanding.

Vikram

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:32 am

Hi Vikram,

I would like to ask you to go back to my previous questions and spend a whole day looking at them. Look as often as you can in midst of your busy life. Unfortunately, it’s not enough to look when just sitting and not doing anything else. You have to incorporate investigation into your daily life.

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:54 am

At 1st it was only intellectual knowing but on looking for the truth of finding out where is me who is doing and controlling all the things and being in driver seat.. I do not find it anywhere.. So I would say it's coming from experiential recognition of the fact that everything is happening on its own.

Happening is something which do not require any doer.. it's just happen on its own. While doing require a doer.
Sensations are just happening. There is no part of me making it happen. Sensations of burn, coolness, touch, pain.. all are sensations only, it's us gave them a name might be based on the perception and intensity, but they are just sensations and its just there. I can not chose what sensation should feel as something else.. no i can't.. so where is me making it.. no it's just there and happening on it's own.

Same as other things feeling are also automatic. We feel love, angry, agitated, irritated, happiness based on the situation we perceive.. and the feeling arises. Feelings are there independent of me-character.. arising and suppressing on it's own in our daily life. I am not doing that.. I can see it clearly.
Upon looking and questioning the fact, I am not finding anything that me is doing. It's a thought that is making me-character in driver seat.. wants to make things as this me-character wants as his way. Seeing this that everything is happening effortlessly on its own, the world seems perfect, and there is nothing to change.. nothing to make it better.. Just go on with the flow.
No, I do not find anything.
I am not finding the me-character anywhere in my daily activity to be doing anything, I see it as just a thought that wants everything to be in his control, to be in his comfort and just as a separate ego trying for being in control and perfect.. but what i find is this me-character ofcourse takes it's place every single time like a thought of ghost take place when you are alone in the dark room, though there is no one when you see with lights on.. !

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:07 am

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your replies. You did a nice investigation.
At 1st it was only intellectual knowing but on looking for the truth of finding out where is me who is doing and controlling all the things and being in driver seat.. I do not find it anywhere.. So I would say it's coming from experiential recognition of the fact that everything is happening on its own.
OK. So this seeing was a one-time even, or you can see this repeatedly whenever you look?

Remember, this inquiry is about constant repetition, to look at the same thing again and again. And even when it seems to be pretty clear, please look more.
Sensations are just happening. There is no part of me making it happen. Sensations of burn, coolness, touch, pain.. all are sensations only, it's us gave them a name might be based on the perception and intensity, but they are just sensations and its just there. I can not chose what sensation should feel as something else.. no i can't.. so where is me making it.. no it's just there and happening on it's own.
Yes, nice observations.
Upon looking and questioning the fact, I am not finding anything that me is doing. It's a thought that is making me-character in driver seat.. wants to make things as this me-character wants as his way. Seeing this that everything is happening effortlessly on its own, the world seems perfect, and there is nothing to change.. nothing to make it better.. Just go on with the flow.
Yes :)

Please sit for some time and just notice how everything is just happening effortlessly.

Look around.
What is being done for colors and shapes to be? Is there anything be done for colors and shapes to be, or they are just there effortlessly?

Listen to the sounds.
What is being done exactly for the sounds to be?
And when the attention is on a sound, what is being done to know the sound? Is there any doing? Or it’s just known effortlessly?

Now shift the focus on FEELING the body.
What is being done exactly for the body to be?
Is there any effort in being?
Or the body just IS, effortlessly?

Focus on the sensations of the hands.
What is being done for the sensations to be?
Aren’t the sensations happens effortlessly?

Look at the hands.
What is being done exactly for the image of the hand to be, to exist?
Is there a you making the image of the hands happen?
Is there any effort in seeing?

Now notice thoughts.
What is being done for thoughts to be?
Is there any effort for thoughts to appear? Or they just appear effortlessly?

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:33 am

So this seeing was a one-time even, or you can see this repeatedly whenever you look?
No, it's not one-time event now, I can see this whenever i look for it.

What is being done for colors and shapes to be? Is there anything be done for colors and shapes to be, or they are just there effortlessly?
No there is nothing to be done for colors and shapes to be, its there effortlessly without anyone's approval. It's just there.. I can't choose which colors should look like what.. Which shapes should look like something else.. No i can not.

What is being done exactly for the sounds to be?
And when the attention is on a sound, what is being done to know the sound? Is there any doing? Or it’s just known effortlessly?
I am not doing anything to know the sound.. sound happens and get heard effortlessly without me doing anything.

What is being done exactly for the body to be?
Is there any effort in being?
Or the body just IS, effortlessly?
Yes, there is no effort in being, the body is just as it is.. growing, ageing on it's own.. every function inside the body is just happening on it's own. Thoughts, emotions, feeling arising and disappearing on it's own.. everything it happening effortlessly.

What is being done for the sensations to be?
Aren’t the sensations happens effortlessly?
yes, it is.. sensations also happens effortlessly and automatic.

What is being done exactly for the image of the hand to be, to exist?
Is there a you making the image of the hands happen?
Is there any effort in seeing?
I see the image of my hand.. not only hand.. even everything.. they are just happening automatic.. no effort is needed to make this happen.

What is being done for thoughts to be?
Is there any effort for thoughts to appear? Or they just appear effortlessly?
Thoughts appear and disappear on it's own. No effort is needed.. it's we seem it otherwise. Thoughts are effortlessly there, without any me making it happen.

Upon looking about what is that i am making happen, I do not find anything. It just seems to be that I am on the control seat. But on questioning the fact about the things happening in reality I do not find anything that I am doing rather, everything is just happening on it's own effortlessly. ME wants everything to be in it's control, to be in controller seat but since everything is happening just on it's own without anyone's approval then what this ME is doing.. why it wants everything to be in control, why this ME is actually there.. If this is only a illusion, how this illusion got it's foot inside us,
who planted this inside us.. Is knowing this only called enlightenment. I do not think that this is something i am achieving, rather i am just knowing what is obvious, it was always here, happening effortlessly, automatically.. It's so so ordinary, but all the guru's and books made is so hyped. i am feeling now that this life is just happening effortlessly, automatically.. all the requirement to sustain the life is happening automatically.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Vikram,

You did a nice investigation :)
ME wants everything to be in it's control, to be in controller seat but since everything is happening just on it's own without anyone's approval then what this ME is doing..
Where is this ME that wants to control everything?

Is there an actual me somewhere? An actual autonomous entity with volition, who/what is thinking, feeling, and wanting to control things?

Or even the thoughts of wanting to control happen on their own?

why it wants everything to be in control, why this ME is actually there..
Is there an actual me somewhere? Where?

So there is a story of me.
But what is making this story to happen?
Is there a story teller? Where?
If this is only a illusion, how this illusion got it's foot inside us,
When you say “inside of us” – what do you mean exactly by the word ‘us’? The body?
Are you the body?
I do not think that this is something i am achieving, rather i am just knowing what is obvious, it was always here, happening effortlessly, automatically..
Yes, but have you been here effortlessly AS a body? Or…?
It's so so ordinary, but all the guru's and books made is so hyped.
Yes, it is hyped. Especially, when it’s packaged into religious dogma and rituals.

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Where is this ME that wants to control everything?
I am not my body, I am not my thoughts, I am not my emotions, I am not my feelings.. I am not all this.. then where is ME.. is there any actual ME.. I am not able to find out, where this ME is actually located. Is there really ME? why I am not able to trace it.. Is it only a thought? then why it feels so real. Here and now I see only this body and everything is happening automatically, i mean, the thoughts, the sensations.. all the things just happening.. I am stuck at this.. what is this "ME", where is this ?
Is there an actual me somewhere? An actual autonomous entity with volition, who/what is thinking, feeling, and wanting to control things?
I am not finding it.. what is this ME . Why and from where it is wanting the control.
Or even the thoughts of wanting to control happen on their own?
Yes.. yes.. there is a thought of control.. this thought is happening automatically and every time for everything concerned.. There is continuous struggle for the things going on freely vs getting it under the control
Is there an actual me somewhere? Where?
I am not able to find this ME, and where is this located.
But what is making this story to happen?
Is there a story teller? Where
Thoughts are the stories.. there is a speaker who always do the chatter, who present all the things we perceive, we listen, we see as a story. Thoughts are nothing else but a story.
When you say “inside of us” – what do you mean exactly by the word ‘us’? The body?
Are you the body?
I am getting this somewhat now.. "inside of us" doesn't mean in the inside the body rather as a thought.. ME, you and us has been implanted as a thought. There is no existence of ME other than as thought.. but still it's not very clear.
I don't know why but I am grasping it as a concept as a logical extraction but not very clearly in the experience.. Help me please, how to reach it.
Yes, but have you been here effortlessly AS a body? Or…?
I do not know what exactly am I.. where am I centered.. I am not able to find it. Definitely, I am not the body.. but I am here and everything is happening just effortlessly. Am I nobody? What/who is living this life then ?

Vikram

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 am

Hi Vikram,
Yes.. yes.. there is a thought of control.. this thought is happening automatically and every time for everything concerned.. There is continuous struggle for the things going on freely vs getting it under the control
But is there an actual person wanting things to be under control?
Where is this person? Is this person the body? Is it the body that want things to be under control?
Or is it Vikram, who want things to be under control?

Where is Vikram?
Is Vikram in the body? In the head? Or maybe in the chest?
Or there is only a thought story ABOUT Vikram?

Isn’t wanting to control things is part of the story of Vikram?
Who is writing the story of Vikram?
Who is thinking the thought of “I want to control things”?

Is Vikram writing the story of Vikram? Or the story just happens thought by thought, automatically and effortlessly, including thoughts of wanting to control?

there is a speaker who always do the chatter, who present all the things we perceive, we listen, we see as a story. Thoughts are nothing else but a story.
OK. Please focus on this speaker.

Who is speaking or chattering?
Is there an actual person in the head with a microphone speaking about and commenting on things?
Is there a Vikram sitting somewhere inside, constantly talking?
Is this chattering done by someone, or is this also happen automatically?

I do not know what exactly am I.. where am I centered.. I am not able to find it. Definitely, I am not the body.. but I am here and everything is happening just effortlessly. Am I nobody? What/who is living this life then ?
Who or what is it that tries to figure out ‘what I am’?
What/who is living this life then ?
Is there a person being separate from life, and living it?
Or life just happens on its own?

Please spend a few days investigating these questions thoroughly.

Vivien

vikramksinha

Postby vikramksinha » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:24 pm

But is there an actual person wanting things to be under control?
The person who wants the things to be in control can not to be found because that person does not exist. It's just a want out of illusion or Avidya (This is what we say in east for illusion) because we had this illusion that all the things that is happening is happening because us. I am a doer, and with that there a person arises in thought which wants things to
be in his control. but on questioning and try to find who is that wants to take things in control.. I am not able to find out because there is no one.
Where is this person? Is this person the body? Is it the body that want things to be under control?
No.. definitely not.. it's not the body.. because body is not doing anything infact everything inside and outside of body is just happening on it's own. it's the mental drama to want the things to be in control.
Or is it Vikram, who want things to be under control?
Vikram is a label given to this body to identify a separate entity.. how could vikram do anything but yes this level creates a unique personality that vikram is like this and that.. A separate entity on the head, but as a tide is not different than sea.. a mud pot is not separate than mud.. I am also not separate then anyone from all the living beings in this universe. It's our mental pattern, a thought of ourself make us a separate being
Where is Vikram?
Vikram is nowhere. It's only on thought but not real intity.. I can not touch it, see it, smell it, sense it.. there is only a mental projection of Vikram.
Is Vikram in the body? In the head? Or maybe in the chest?
Vikram is no where. Period ! It's not on head, not in chest.. it's just on the thought.
Or there is only a thought story ABOUT Vikram?
Thought story.. hmm that's seems correct.. When I ask who is the vikram.. I get, it's a someone who poses certain sets of character.. Vikram likes certain things, vikram have got certain hobbies.. vikram is better than other on certain things blah.. blah.. This is only the story about the vikram.. vikram is waking and sleeping around this story every single day.
Isn’t wanting to control things is part of the story of Vikram?
Yes, that's what.. I was not getting this initially.. Likes and dislikes of vikram creates a want to make unfavorable things in favor.. make things under his control.. This control want is a story of vikram running every day.
Who is writing the story of Vikram?
No one is writing this story.. it's just happening automatically.. one's personality happens automatically no one makes it.. it's just seems otherwise that we have made this personality... I am a good person and I am a bad person.. This personality thing is only in the thought.. i don't know how to put it.. but when you see someone.. he is like same when compared to other arpart from his mental activity which is again a thought.. not real thing.. So the Vikram which a label.. and it's story is just happening on it's own..!
Who is thinking the thought of “I want to control things”?
No one is thinking that.. it's also a thought and this thought also happens automatically.
Is Vikram writing the story of Vikram? Or the story just happens thought by thought, automatically and effortlessly, including thoughts of wanting to control?
No vikram is not writing the stoty of self.. though it seems like that.. but this is happening automatically.. and the wants of control also arise automatically out of it.
Who is speaking or chattering?
Is there an actual person in the head with a microphone speaking about and commenting on things?
Is there a Vikram sitting somewhere inside, constantly talking?
Is this chattering done by someone, or is this also happen automatically?
No one is there inside doing the chattering.. this just happens automatically.. this is like a instruction to the self..
Who or what is it that tries to figure out ‘what I am’?
Whatever we perceive, we try to break it down into a concept to grasp it. I understand now.. this is something I can not grasp it by concept and theories.. It's our thought, mental behavior trying to find out what/who am I since my every believe of my existences has been proved false.. Now my thought wants to know who am I then, because thoughts wants to grasp it and since it's not finding it anywhere and it's not able to grasp it.
Is there a person being separate from life, and living it?
This is a great question.. very intriguing.. On seeing it feels that this body is living the life.. and which is exactly what is happening but the life is not separate than this body or that body.. Life is same for each and every body same like a tide is not separate from sea.. no one is separate from life.. life is happening to everything and everybody. We are all the same. :)
Or life just happens on its own?
Yes, life happens automatically.. on it's own.. when certain criteria fulfilled.. life happens.. it's not we create it. It's same life flowing through me, you and everyone.. it's only our thought makes us separate. We are all one.. this is a great feeling.

Vikram

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 am

Hi Vikram,
A separate entity on the head, but as a tide is not different than sea.. a mud pot is not separate than mud.. I am also not separate then anyone from all the living beings in this universe.
“I am not separate from anyone, from all the living being” –what does the word ‘I’ points to in this sentence?
What is this I that is not separate from other beings?
How does this non-separation perceived?
What is the I exactly? And what is the ‘other beings’ exactly?
Thought story.. hmm that's seems correct.. When I ask who is the vikram.. I get, it's a someone who poses certain sets of character.. Vikram likes certain things, vikram have got certain hobbies.. vikram is better than other on certain things blah.. blah.. This is only the story about the vikram.. vikram is waking and sleeping around this story every single day.
Vikram is waking and sleeping around this story every day? So then there is a Vikram who is sleeping and waking? A Vikram who can sleep and wake up? A Vikram, other than the STORY of Vikram?
What is this Vikram exactly that is waking and sleeping around this story?
Is there Vikram OUTSIDE of the story?
one's personality happens automatically no one makes it..
You say “one’s personality” – so what is it that has a personality? What is it that owns personality?
No one is there inside doing the chattering.. this just happens automatically.. this is like a instruction to the self..
Are you saying that the chattering is an instruction to the self?
What kind of self are you talking about?
What or which self is being instructed by the internal chatter?
On seeing it feels that this body is living the life.. and which is exactly what is happening but the life is not separate than this body or that body.. Life is same for each and every body same like a tide is not separate from sea.. no one is separate from life.. life is happening to everything and everybody. We are all the same. :)
You might not see it, but this is coming from thinking.
You are saying that life is happening TO everything and everybody.

So there is a life+ everything and everybody? Is that so? Are there two things there? Life + everything else to which life happens TO?
If life is happening to everything and everybody than life has to be separate in order to be able to happen TO something or someone. But is that so?
Is life happening TO everything and everybody, or life is happening AS everything and everybody?

It's same life flowing through me, you and everyone.. it's only our thought makes us separate. We are all one.. this is a great feeling.
It seems that the belief in separation is still there.

When you say that life if flowing THROUGH ME, YOU and EVERYONE.

SO you think that there is a you and a me, which life flow THROUGH?

So there are multiple things there? Life + you + me + everyone + everything?

When you say, you and me, what do these words point to? What is me? What is you?

Vivien

Return to “THE GATE”