67 and still seeking

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Hopening

67 and still seeking

Postby Hopening » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That all is consciousness and the sense of I is an obstruction to Truth.

What are you looking for at LU?
Release from the I belief so Awareness can be experienced completely and I can let go of resistance, wanting things to change, and the emotions that obstruct the flow of love. I want to be a loving presence in life that accepts and honors each person and circumstance from the perspective of the Divine.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I would love to let go of the limiting belief in a separate self and recognize the Truth of beingness. I want release of this overactive thinking and judgments about other people and circumstances. I want to be Love.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Endless book reading, the Forum, Living Inquiries, coaching, meditation, yoga, tai chi, more books, blogs, audios.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

warissem

Re: 67 and still seeking

Postby warissem » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi
How can I call you?

Welcome to the LU forum. I wish we will walk together till you go through the illusion.
This forum is not a course of philosophy and is not dedicated for a personal development. It is your INQUIRY to know yourself.

Please read the disclaimer, be honest in your answers : given on a basis of direct experience.
Post once a day, if not so let me know.

As you give answers to the preliminary questions, your expectations are, as you said :
Release from the I belief so Awareness can be experienced completely
Can awareness be experienced? If so, by whom ?
and I can let go of resistance, wanting things to change, and the emotions that obstruct the flow of love.
I want to be a loving presence in life that accepts and honors each person and circumstance from the perspective of the Divine.
I would love to let go of the limiting belief in a separate self and recognize the Truth of beingness.
I want release of this overactive thinking and judgments about other people and circumstances.
I want to be Love.
You used a lot of I's : I can, I want, I would, ... Before speaking about the wantings and expectations, let's LOOK at this I, what is I, what does I refer to in direct experience ? Direct experience means seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, sensations.

It is enough for today, warissem

Hopening

Postby Hopening » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi Warissem,
Thanks for responding to my request for guidance!

The direct experience of I is the voice in the head, the way fingers move on this keyboard in response to intending to express words, and the sensations of burning and contraction in the hear/diaphragm/throat that is attached to the concept of isolation, feeling unwanted and left out from connecting to unconditional love.

warissem

Postby warissem » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi Hopening

The two questions are :

Can awareness be experienced? If so, by whom ?
You used a lot of I's : I can, I want, I would, ... Before speaking about the wantings and expectations, let's LOOK at this I, what is I, what does I refer to in direct experience ? Direct experience means seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, sensations.

If you are honest and want to continue here, answer these questions from direct experience. If not, there are two possibilities

1) Ask to change a guide
2) Open another thread

Warissem

Hopening

Postby Hopening » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi Warissem,
Thanks again for your repsonse!
When that question is asked, spaciousness opens and gets very quiet. Soon the stream of thought reboots and i need to ask the question over and over. So there is a sense of the question coming from a diffused space within the body, and something that recognizes the intrusion of thought and the need to pose the question again.

Awareness includes this skin and breath and the sensations of physical being.

warissem

Postby warissem » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi Hopening

You are welcome.
When that question is asked, spaciousness opens and gets very quiet.

Yes. In your seeing what is this spaciousness ? would you speak a little more about it?
Soon the stream of thought reboots and i need to ask the question over and over.

In the first halft of the sentence, you see that thoughts are happening by themselves, in the second half you said that You ask questions? Is there you asking questions ? Look at this during a day and write down what is coming up.
So there is a sense of the question coming from a diffused space within the body, and something that recognizes the intrusion of thought and the need to pose the question again.
Then here you see that questions are coming without you. And "something" recognizes the intrusion of thought. Would you describe this "something". Does it have a shape or form? Can it be known through senses?

Take your time before giving writing replies : one post a day is sufficient. It is a question of inquiry for yourself. Let the pointers do their work.

Warissem

warissem

Postby warissem » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi Hopening

What's going on there? 67 and stop seeking? You are consciousness, awareness or whatever is understanding these words.
Consciousness has no need to seek. It is itself already. Now, can you write back about this question : who is seeking?

Warissem

Return to “THE GATE”