Serenity seeker

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Joy2

Serenity seeker

Postby Joy2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That we are all one as conscious beings apart from the ego self

What are you looking for at LU?
I've been searching for most of my life for my true being of consciousness of which took many years of deep introspection to guide me along my Spiritual growth & journey. I have come to a precise conclusion that I need to admit a part of the ego self (which is not wanted) still has a sort of hold on me that I truly need help to let go.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I have no expectations, as I am on this journey to only learn & grow. I am wide open to change that helps myself & others to unleesh the chains that bind us, holding us back from finding our true selves.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I was introduced to Christianity in early 20's. Spiritual book from all culture meditations & yoga.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Skygazer74

Re: Serenity seeker

Postby Skygazer74 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Hello Joy,

Thanks for your answers, if you are still seeking a guide I would be happy to help. A few bits of housekeeping first:

At LU we are described as guides - not teachers - as our role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been. This is an experiential based guiding and is not a discussion or a debate.

This is YOUR inquiry. I will not be giving you new ideas and beliefs; only assisting you in examining and questioning the ones that you already have.

Before we begin, here are links to information I would like you to read please.
Disclaimer:-
http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:
https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.
http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

A few ground rules:
1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, please let me know.
2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. This exploration is based on Actual (or Direct) Experience (AE or DE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and thoughts - only. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.
4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.

A few technical support:

- You can reply to this thread by pushing the 'Post Reply" button at the left bottom of this page.
- You can learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAToDNh9hQ[/

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run.

If you are happy to agree to the above and have me your guide, we can start the process.

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer ALL questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions INDIVIDUALLY, remembering to use the Quote function to highlight the question being answered.

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration (for example, what life will look and feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change). Could you please answer the following questions:

How will Life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Best wishes,

Nic

Skygazer74

Re: Serenity seeker

Postby Skygazer74 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 pm

PS - you can subscribe to the thread by clicking on the spanner symbol below, that way you get an email every time I reply :)

Return to “THE GATE”