Present Observer

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
StaceyC

Present Observer

Postby StaceyC » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:03 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I have been learning about there being no self from Bhudism studies. This is new for me. The past few years have been amazing while learning I am not my thoughts and I am present. Right here. Right now.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am interested in connecting with and learning from like-minded people. I appreciate my studies about the mind, particularly my thoughts. I'm learning my thoughts are simply a reel of events or worries or expression. I appreciate the ability to separate myself from my thoughts, examining them if I choose.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I have no expectations. I am open to the experience, welcoming understanding and awareness. I am intrigued by the concept. I would be lying if I said I was not excited about the opportunity. I have been guided though meditations and hypnosis but have not yet found guidance from a non-self perspective, other than attending dharma talks.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have sought understanding my entire life. First through religion, then substance abuse, and not too recently found Bhudism. I am very open and welcoming of spiritual practices from many perspectives. That's how I've made it to 51 years of age. And I LOVE the "agree and acceptance" clause. That in itself fuels curiosity. Well done.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

StaffordJR

Re: Present Observer

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I have been learning about there being no self from Bhudism studies. This is new for me. The past few years have been amazing while learning I am not my thoughts and I am present. Right here. Right now.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am interested in connecting with and learning from like-minded people. I appreciate my studies about the mind, particularly my thoughts. I'm learning my thoughts are simply a reel of events or worries or expression. I appreciate the ability to separate myself from my thoughts, examining them if I choose.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I have no expectations. I am open to the experience, welcoming understanding and awareness. I am intrigued by the concept. I would be lying if I said I was not excited about the opportunity. I have been guided though meditations and hypnosis but have not yet found guidance from a non-self perspective, other than attending dharma talks.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have sought understanding my entire life. First through religion, then substance abuse, and not too recently found Bhudism. I am very open and welcoming of spiritual practices from many perspectives. That's how I've made it to 51 years of age. And I LOVE the "agree and acceptance" clause. That in itself fuels curiosity. Well done.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?
Hi StaceyC ,
My name is Stafford & would Love too Guide You !?!
I work weird hours so I usually post about 11:30 pm & 3am Pacific Oregon Time & feel Free to post any time You want & Will try & post Every Day if Possible. If You accept me as as Your Guide of course ?!?
Ok so This isn't anything We can understand Conceptually or Intellectually, so by staying Present in What's Actually Happening, just like How You were explaining above Your not The Thoughts & so by staying Present & Observing Everything We'll get Through This pretty Simply !!!
Ok so If You are ready & are Ok with me as Your Guide We can start Anytime !?!
Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly StaffordImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Return to “THE GATE”